Good morning everyone

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kingfisher68(2)

Good morning everyone

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Hope every one had lovely Christmas & all of you are well.

I was very lucky & had some beautiful kits. The 2 Dimensions ones I wanted - Elegance of the Orient & Kitty Litter - plus others. One of which is Dimensions Dolphin Domain, very colourful. I had money given me & am waiting for a tapestry kit to come. Bluebell Walk which reminds me of a place we used to live years ago.

I got my stitchy bug back & am preparing Aida for the other small geisha, opposite one to Wolfie's. I have larger cottage kits to do but thought I'd tackle smaller x stitch kits in between larger kits rather than do one large one after another.

Will put geisha up once I've started stitching.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
fiddler

Re: Good morning everyone

Post by fiddler »

Good Morning
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and got lots of Stitchy presents.
I have not been around much recently but hopefully I am back. :x: :-D
kingfisher68(2)

Hi fiddler, another lost sheep found its way back to the fold :lol: Look forward to seeing what you are stitching :D
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Good morning! Still morning here. Cold and damp too. A perfect day for staying in and stitching, but I'm about to go car shopping with my daughter. She got hit by a hit and run (no injuries, but its an older car and isn't as safe as it should be now) so we're going to see what is out there. Will be fun, I hope, but will be cold.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
poppy

Post by poppy »

Good morning from Surrey!

How exciting, Izzi, to receive such beautiful kits. I googled them and loves them all. Kitty litter will be such fun to stitch with all the different little kittens faces. Happy New Year Stitching!

Carole, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. So glad that is is OK. Hope you can find a good car for her and then warm up with a hot chocolate to celebrate. :)

It snowed this morning but not for long. After preparing bubble and squeak with the leftovers, I can spend all evening stitching, yeah! :whoop:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
kingfisher68(2)

Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident Carole. Glad she is OK & hope a car can be sorted out soon.

Yes Poppy, I was very lucky to get those kits. The best thing of all was few days before Christmas I heard from distant relatives who I knew about but had never met. I'd continued sending Christmas cards to another relative even though I had not heard from her for ages. She's had to get someone to see to her affairs as although bills were paid automatically, letters were put in a drawer & forgotten about. Great to have new family connections as older relatives are gradually passing away.

Enjoy your bubble & squeak. Bet a n appetising smell will linger in your home :D
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good to hear your daighter escaped without injuries, Carole!

And good morning (well, evening now :-) ) to you all. Unexpectedly after last night's persistent rain, we woke up to a white world! A thick blanket of snow, and more falling, though oddly enough it was thawing at the same time :thinks: :thinks: . What will happen if we have the predicted frost tonight...

We were going to see Paddington II this afternoon, just turning up at the cinema as we've always done, turns out they've changed the system to allocated seats and they didn't have two together :-( . So a quiet afternoon at home sorting through some boxes, clearing things away, turning the left-over stuffed chicken and ham into stock and the igredients for a future pie and so on. Visiting friends tonight. So not much stitching, although I have sorted through various projects that I have either on the go or ready to go, decided which one I actually wanted to stitch, and put the other ones away so they don't clutter up the place.

Still off tomorrow and Friday, when I hope to clear out a bit more of the craft-room-to-be and choose threads and wires for my new goldwork project :dance: :dance:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Just have very nice lunch at friends house. Now settled down in front of log fire.

Hope the car finding goes well, Carole. Bubble and squeak sound yummy, Poppy :D

I didn't send any cards this year but I did telephone all the people I used to contact at this time of year.....didn't find any new/old relatives though, Izzi! :lol:
fccs

Post by fccs »

Good afternoon from chilly Colorado. Well maybe cold is a better word as it’s about 15 degrees (Fahrenheit).

Good luck car shopping, Carole. I’m glad your daughter is okay - that’s what matters.

I need to go through my stash and see if I can make some kind of a plan for 2018, starting with finishing what was supposed to be finished in 2017. Ha!!! But first, it’s time for a hair cut and color, and get my guest room ready for a friend who is coming out for a few days.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends