2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

isaacson72

Re: 2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

Post by isaacson72 »

Squirrel wrote:Michelle :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to the wonderful world of stitching. Sounds as though you have really caught the bug. You know you can leave your choice on your Wish List at 123stitch as long as you want to. :lol:
I did figure that out, and now have wish lists on both HAED and 123stitch!! I'm not new to stitching, just new to the forums! No idea why I never thought stitching forums existed before but I'm glad I found all you people! My stash was pretty large already - so many unfinished projects - but now it's getting out of hand. It's perfect. :D

I had a dream a couple nights ago that I had a floor frame and I was finishing the romeo & juliet project my sister bought for me when I was 17 or 18. It's this giant thing that's stitched on linen (not sure of the count, I haven't touched it in probably 15+ years... maybe 32?). Tons of blended threads (most with metallic thread) - it was a monster. I got just over halfway done before I got married, had a kid, dogs, etc. Maybe that means I should buy a big frame and finish it. Chris Pratt was also in that dream. We were dating. I should definitely do whatever that dream told me too. :wink:

Michelle
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

An interesting dream for sure and it sounds a lovely project to finish.

Sad you don't like closer as I now do not have room for my Stitchmaster floor frame and it is sitting in son-in-laws garage at present.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

Squirrel wrote:An interesting dream for sure and it sounds a lovely project to finish.

Sad you don't like closer as I now do not have room for my Stitchmaster floor frame and it is sitting in son-in-laws garage at present.
That is sad! Hopefully soon you will get to use it again.
My sister lives not terribly far from you - she's in Coffs Harbour. I have driven from Brisbane to Rockhampton before, many years ago, and from Sydney to Coffs, so while on a map I know Coffs doesn't look too far from you, it probably takes hours to get there! The roads there are so twisty and it takes forever to get anywhere (feels like that to me, anyway). I was just there in July this year. She actually lives in Bellingen, a little hippie town inland a bit (30 minutes or so) from Coffs. I'll be back in a few years but it's so expensive to fly there so I don't get to visit very often.

Michelle
Michelle

kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Great things both of you That lamp will be really good Mabel, I have one & love it. Not ever seen it at that price though. Well done on finding it at such a good reduction.

Enjoy your new things accessories ladies :) :)
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

EverythingCrossStitch.com was having a sale last week on baby samplers so I picked this up because I wanted something simple I could do in the future (my previous baby sampler announcements have been too ambitious for me to finish on time and have since then languished in the "finish later" drawer). It just arrived a few minutes ago!

karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

What an adorable baby sampler :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Now that is a really little beauty and I love Owls and stitching them. Might just have a look at that - I have stuff on my wish list at 123stitch some of which I need . Thanks for sharing this.

WIPS
MrsMoV

Post by MrsMoV »

Hello

My best friend and myself have lots of craft stuff and this year we have both opened "Piggy Pots" and we are saving a pound a week until Dec 2017. We are not buying anything this year unless it essential like a bit of thread etc. We are trying to finish the stuff we have.

Our hubbys's saw our faces though when "The art of cross stitch" got advertised so bless them they have bought us it and subscribed on our behalfs.

I just wonder if I can resist the temptation to buy stuff..... Arrrrrrr

Looking forward to seeing your stash stuff

MM xx
WIP - Dachshund
WIP - HAED The Zodiac 1.
UFO - Dimensions Eagles Eye View
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

MrsMoV wrote:Hello

My best friend and myself have lots of craft stuff and this year we have both opened "Piggy Pots" and we are saving a pound a week until Dec 2017. We are not buying anything this year unless it essential like a bit of thread etc. We are trying to finish the stuff we have.

Our hubbys's saw our faces though when "The art of cross stitch" got advertised so bless them they have bought us it and subscribed on our behalfs.

I just wonder if I can resist the temptation to buy stuff..... Arrrrrrr

Looking forward to seeing your stash stuff

MM xx
It's always like that- you decide not to do something and the very next moment, they'll advertise exactly for what you want when you just said you wouldn't do it! Murphy's Law for crafters! Blessings on those hubbies!
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

MrsMoV wrote:Our hubbys's saw our faces though when "The art of cross stitch" got advertised so bless them they have bought us it and subscribed on our behalfs.
Gee, thanks. :D I had never heard of the Art of Cross Stitch before so I googled it and now I must have it!! If it's UK thing though, I don't know that I want to pay for shipping to the US. I love that it has embroidery designs in it as well. I'm not a big fan of the embroidered tablecloth idea but the one on their website is very pretty. The little lazy daisies are so tiny! I will have to think about this.... so tempted though..

Edited: well there goes that! They don't ship outside the UK. We have cross-stitch magazines here but they're expensive. The 2 that I know of are $12 per issue. I sometimes grab one at the store if I see it, but only if there are multiple things in that issue that I'm interested in. Have fun with it, ladies!!

Michelle
Michelle

Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Daylight lamp installed by stitching chair - off in the first pic, on in the second; the change in colour in the surroundings are quite astonishing!

Now all we need to so is solve the problem of it creating a glare on the telly just where DH sees it, and the white lamp shade being a bit blinding to DH with the 20W bulb on. We are going to make a little dark jacket for the shade, and try it out with a 12W bulb. I'll keep you informed!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Oh my what a cute owl. Look forward to seeing it worked.

Glad you like your lamp Mabel. I was very lucky to be able to buy the floor standing one. It has a great magnifier. Enjoy using yours, shall expect even more lovely works coming out of your speedy needle now you have this lovely lamp :lol:
Izzi

WIP
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Super light Mabel. I have the same problem with one of my lights. It was solved by Not turning it on whilst he TV is on!! :doh: But my other light is more directional so I can use that one. Hope you can find a good solution.
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

I got TWO deliveries today!!! One from 123stitch and another from HAED. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

I also found a store about an hour or so north of me that sells nothing but... get this... NEEDLEPOINT. Embroidery, cross stitch, kits, threads of various kinds, they sell aida, evenweave and linens by the yard even! I don't know what to stitch the HAED on, I want to go look at fabrics, touch them, see how small the counts are, etc., and now I can do that in person somewhere! Thankfully there is a brewery a couple doors down, and also a comic book store nearby, so I'm dragging my husband & son with me, will drop them off, and go to the stitching store by myself. Heaven!

Michelle
Michelle

Mabel Figworthy

That stitching store obviously did its research and had a great business plan, opening near a brewery and a comic book shop - genius :-)

Hope you have lots of lovely visits there!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Nice charts ....and What a great find that LNS is!!! :whoop: My D/H mutters whenever I mention going to our nearest (and not so good) outlet! He sits in the car outside. When we were in the UK recently I went into Hobbycraft and left him in the Motor accessory shop next door! :wink:
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Lovely charts, look forward to seeing them on here as you work on them :)
Izzi

WIP
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Love your new charts and how neat to have an LNS nearby and shops for DH and son as well. Very well thought out.

WIPS
Mabel Figworthy

One of the things I'd bought at the same time as the Daylight lamp (saving postage, don't you know...) was a stitchable wooden pendant. Unfortunately when it arrived it had a chip off one of the scallops, which had therefore lost both its rounded shape and its dark stained edge. Not a big flaw, but definitely noticeable :-(

I wrote to Sew & So asking if there was any way in which I might exchange it for an undamaged one, and they said they'll send me another, and I'm welcome to keep the first one and use it as I see fit! I still don't like their new website much, but their customer service is as good as ever :-)
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Luckily it's the centre scallop. Bit of felt tip pen in the right colour, bit of bling... if nothing else, it'll be useful to experiment with. :)