2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Re: 2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

Post by wendywombat »

:wub: :wub: :wub: Thanks for finding that picture Nicola! :applesauce:

I saw him on the website, but he looks more gorgeous than I remembered! :wub: :dance:

It would be wonderful if it was converted to a Kit!! Bet he'd sell like....well hot Puffins really!! :lol:

Shall start saving my £'s :wink: I'll put him in my Wish List. :D
JoannaG

Post by JoannaG »

This frog pile kit arrived last Friday. (Sorry, image is sideways).

Image in gallery

Looking forward to the bright colours. It came with white 14 count aida but I think I want to do it on other material.

If you were me, what colour material would you use?
Current WIP:
Design Works Frogpile
HAED Treasure Hunt Bookshelf SSMC

2017 Finisher:
Dimensions Ballerina Dreams
fccs

Post by fccs »

Wow, look at all the great new pretties! And that puffin - love love love. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Fantastic Joanna hmmm not sure of what colour would go with the frogs I personally think a white background will really show off all the colours really well and make them pop! :wink:

I've just bought my Christmas present from my parents (Mum's going to give me the money for it). An Elbesee Maxi Clip Floor Frame (24") for working my bigger projects on :whoop:

Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

That whole heap of Frogs :ribbit: :anotherfrog: :ribbit: :anotherfrog: is just crazy and quite wonderful :whoop: :dance:
I did the smaller version of 3 frogs ages ago, but this one is... :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: mad!

Love your new frame Nicola, what a superb pressie :applesauce:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Love your new big frame Nicola, what a lovely gift from your parents. ENjoy it.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
poppy

Post by poppy »

So many goodies on here! The butterflies and the owl should be so lovely to stitch among the flowers.
I do love that fox!!!
Fun pile of frogs with fabulous colours too.
What a special present, Nicola! There will be nothing stopping you now :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
sina28

Post by sina28 »

What a gorgeous present, Nicola! It will be a lot of fun to use, I bet.

JoannaG, in my opinion the white is already a great choice, just as Nicola said the colours will stand out a lot so I personally wouldn't choose a fabric that is too strong in colour or even has multiple colours.
But if you're up for a challenge I could imagine that the colours would pop even more on a black fabric!
Sina
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

What fantastic designs and what looks like a great floor frame.

JoannaG, I love your frogs (vs the :ribbit: I get too often). I would probably stitch it on 25 or 28ct lugana or maybe linen 2 over 1 or 1 over 1 depending on the size of the piece. I usually use an off white or white fabric, but for this one I might go with a very pale green. Very pale so it doesn't drown out the brilliant colors of the frogs.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
sina28

Post by sina28 »

I'm so excited!
I didn't want to buy any more cross stitch kits for a while. But somehow I ended up browsings through eBay and there was an opened, but not started kit of Dimensions that caught my eye.
It's Windswept Santa from 1994, of course long out of print for a very reasonable price of 38€! I asked my boyfriend and he said I should go for it immediately, it will be his Christmas present for me. I'm so happy!
Sina
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Don't want to be a grinch... but the design might be out of print, but is it out of copyright... :? There are Chinese companies that unashamedly copy designs...
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Serinde, this is not a Chinese kit!
I have seen pictures and it just looks like a very old kit. The cover is a little cracked and I assume this wouldn't be the case if it were a Chinese knock-off. The person is selling a few very old kits because he won't stitch them anymore. I'm 100% sure that this is an original kit by Dimensions.
I find it a little sad that I got accused here just because I wanted to share my excitement.
Sina
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I think Serinde was only showing concern in case you had been scammed from someone on Ebay. It's well known for it. Just done a Google Image search and it's a fabulous kit can't wait to see it stitched :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
sina28

Post by sina28 »

I shouldn't have overreacted, I'm sorry!
Really hope that I haven't been scammed and that it indeed will be an original kit.
Sina
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Lovely stash on here everyone has. Nicola love the new animal designs, especially the fox in poppies. That stand is wonderful, lovely of your mum to buy it for you. Elbesee are better than sewing on tape frames/ I've been lucky to buy some in charity shops, that's how I came to have them. I'm hoping for 2 more kits, Elegance of the Orient & Kitty Litter, needless to say both by Dimensions :lol: They're at the top yf my Christmas wish list.

Would be great to get a design of puffins Wendy, they are so well drawn.

I have a dilemma My DB & SIL have given me a lovely geisha kit but it is a Chinese kit. I fund out after long search it was originally a Dimensions needlepoint/tapestry design. My SIL was so excited to find it as she knows I like geisha. It took me ages to find if it was a rehash in Chinese but it was out as a tapestry not x-stitch. These designs, originally by Dimensions, seem to be put on the website

http://www.stitchDMC.com" target="_blank

I don't know if its for a sister firm/s of the Chinese company which makes Dimensions original kits . Most of original DMC kits have 'made in China' on them.

The Chinese Geisha kit is large, not quite same size as Elegance of the Orient, but would go nicely with it if I do receive that one for Christmas. I know that is why SIL was so exited about finding this kit.

What would you do if in this position? Would be glad of advice. I do not really want to upset DB & SIL but I do not like copies. As you may remember I have in the past told Amazon & EBay about copy cheaper kits but they still appear for sale no matter how many times I tell them. Other people tell them too but they're ignored also. They, Amazon, even put it in their reviews section when people tell them!!
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
sina28

Post by sina28 »

I don't know if this is any help for you, but I looked at my original kits by Dimensions and they have a sign on them - made in China. I think, Dimensions does package their kits in China.
But if you know that you didn't get an original kit but rather a copy I don't know if anything can be done against it.
Sina
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Thanks Sina. I re read your original piece about the Dimensions kit, old kit but an original one. They do get sold one EBay as I have bought some original Dimensions kits which are old & slightly crumpled but have original charts, sometimes with threads/Aida sometimes without.

The Chinese copy kits have Chinese writing on the packet front, on the thread holder & the charts are done in book form. Have spiral binding so you can turn pages over - you do not lose any of those pages. Even though there are English instructions it is still China made.

These copy firms come up with different names every few months. Several companies are selling copies so I have given up telling Amazon & EBay now. Recently seen 2 or 3 new company names - there seems nothing anyone can do except the designers complain to companies selling cheap copies of their originals.

Look forward to seeing your new kit. It is always good to get a bargain :D
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
sina28

Post by sina28 »

I think I know that the kits I have by Dimensions are all original kits. I bought all of them from a reputable German online shop, so no worries about this.
As for Chinese kits, I do have a few which I bought some time ago, mainly when I didn't know about copyright issues. Now I won't buy these anymore, only stay with the originals. But I just wanted to say that I know what these Chinese copies normally look like, that's why I am quite sure I didn't get betrayed this time. I hope so, anyway! :D

Thank you, will show my kit here as soon as it arrives.
Sina
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

We've had this conversation, of course, and I'm sorry if I upset you! My original comment was to alert others to the potential for copyright violations from the Chinese imported kits.
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Ok, now I feel I have to justify myself anytime I write anything on here.
I know that there are Chinese kits sold on ebay, but they can be found anywhere. Not everything on ebay is a cheap Chinese knock-off off original designs.
Sina