2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kingfisher68(2)

Re: 2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

That will keep your other new one company :lol: Sally is very kind to send things on to others :)
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Well my "calendar" showed up today! Unfortunately I didn't find out until I opened it and counted 12 (not 13) patterns that they had refunded my Shades of Blue due to it being "discontinued." So I turned around and re-purchased it on Etsy from Northern Expressions, which I probably should have done in the first place.

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

WOW that is an amazing design and will keep you busy for quite a long time I imagine Gabrielle. It is gorgeous and all those lovely colours in each of the motifs too. I will pull up the virtual couch for sure and watch this one growing with anticipation. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

What a beautiful collection...and well done for rushing off to get the 'missing' item! :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote:WOW that is an amazing design and will keep you busy for quite a long time I imagine Gabrielle. It is gorgeous and all those lovely colours in each of the motifs too. I will pull up the virtual couch for sure and watch this one growing with anticipation. :lol:
Save a place for me, Sally! Those are gorgeous designs!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

She already sent me the PDF for Shades of Blue today! All I'm waiting on is the fabric!
kingfisher68(2)

What a great calendar that will be when done. We need a virtual mega couch for all of us to sit on to watch your progress on this Gabrielle as we'll all be eagerly awaiting updates :D As it's virtual watching we'll have drinks, cakes etc. available too I should think :lol: And NO LITTER to pick up, yay!! High fives all round
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

wendywombat wrote:What a beautiful collection...and well done for rushing off to get the 'missing' item! :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:[/quote
]
rcperryls wrote:
Squirrel wrote:WOW that is an amazing design and will keep you busy for quite a long time I imagine Gabrielle. It is gorgeous and all those lovely colours in each of the motifs too. I will pull up the virtual couch for sure and watch this one growing with anticipation. :lol:
Save a place for me, Sally! Those are gorgeous designs!

Carole
:dance:
kingfisher68(2) wrote:What a great calendar that will be when done. We need a virtual mega couch for all of us to sit on to watch your progress on this Gabrielle as we'll all be eagerly awaiting updates :D As it's virtual watching we'll have drinks, cakes etc. available too I should think :lol: And NO LITTER to pick up, yay!! High fives all round
They're each about a foot tall! :shock: I'm like 90% sure unless I get this new job I'm applying for, that there will *not* be one a month done in the year of 2018 as ideal as that would be. Working retail, there's no way! I just applied for a front desk associate for the Navy at one of their Gateway Inns. It took me FIVE hours yesterday to shovel through paperwork and figure out how to submit my application. A NIGHTMARE.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Good Luck with the application Gabrielle. I can just imagine the paperwork involved. :)

WIPS
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I'm going on holiday for a week from Saturday 23rd September so wanted a small design to take with me that I could maybe finish within the week. Even though I have plenty of charts and things I went and bought this little kit. I've stitched it before but I love these little designs so going to stitch it again! :)

Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I can understand wanting to stitch this little cutie again. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece and have a great week away. :)

WIPS
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Just received this wonderful kit from Lulu22 (Lucy) and can't thank her enough! These little Blue Tit chicks are just tooooo cute! :wub:

Work in Progress
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wub: :wub: :wub:

That's a wonderful gift, I do like Bluetits.

:thinks: do you think they'll ever do a Puffin?? :D
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Maybe Wendy they seem to bring out four new kits every few months. I've joined Bothy Threads on Facebook and have been looking at the new kits that people are stitching before they are released. They include a deer, pheasant, rabbit and another fox one xxx
Work in Progress
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh they are so cute. It will be great watching them grow under your needle. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

WIPS
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Wendy, Hannah Dale, the designer, has a beautiful painting of a puffin. So I'd say the chances are not too low that they'll make a cross stitch piece out of it.
Sina
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Those birdies are SO cute! I love how it's a cross between general bird happiness, and I swear the bottom one has this look of indignation on its face! :lol:
kingfisher68(2)

Thee are soooo cute. Look forward to seeing you work on them. A lovely thing to receive
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Could anybody explain what those dots around the animals are for? Beautiful and cuty as the designs are, I would stitch without those "extras". They just distract from the animal itself and associate with fleas. So what's the point of their presence in every and each picture- for the designs to be better recognized?
Lyudmila
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Hmmm I'm not sure for definite Podolyanka but all Hannah Dale's illustrations have this background and the cross stitch kits all come with pre-speckled aida to match the paintings. It's just her style and design xxx
Work in Progress