2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: 2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

Post by rcperryls »

Great stash! I have stitched quite a few Cross Wing Collections and they are all beautiful and so lifelike! I just sent some bluebird charts to a member. The hardest part (if I remember correctly) was making the working copies of the charts. Can't wait to see your heron come alive, as well as the other beautiful projects. How will you decide where to start?

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Thank you both.

Hope to see your French café on here Wendy when you take it out of your UFO box :) I didn't realise there are blends but I don't mind as they usually add something extra to the finished picture.

I was thinking it would take some effort to get working copies Carole. I was flabbergasted when I took the chart sheets out of the plastic holder. Tried to work out where they went & in the end put them on the bed & started from the bottom upwards. Lily pads & flowers are across 4 sheets. One has the centre mark so when ready to stitch will start at the bottom, have always started in the middle before. This will be 16 x 18.75 inches in the 18 count. Trust me to pick a bird with a long neck as well longer than average legs! :lol: It is the nicest heron I've seen though.

Not going to start geishas for a while as it's only a short while since I got in a muddle on the one I ditched. Am on last page of the cottages & as that has been very intricate in quite a few areas will do something a bit smaller & easier next before tackling another which takes a bit of working out. Am doing easy bits of sky at the moment having just finished the lower left hand part.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

kingfisher68(2) wrote:Thank you both.

Hope to see your French café on here Wendy when you take it out of your UFO box :) I didn't realise there are blends but I don't mind as they usually add something extra to the finished picture.
It Will get done and the blends do add a certain Je ne sais pas quoi to it! :lol:
kingfisher68(2)

Oui, glad you agree. Sorry, couldn't resist adding that :lol: Guess you'll have another phrase to add which I'll have to look up as I only know the odd word to two in French or any other language come to that! :roll: Expect you speak excellent French as you are living there.
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Je parle français comme une vache Espagnol as they say around here!! :lol:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank goodness for Google Translate!

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

rcperryls wrote:Great stash! I have stitched quite a few Cross Wing Collections and they are all beautiful and so lifelike! I just sent some bluebird charts to a member. The hardest part (if I remember correctly) was making the working copies of the charts. Can't wait to see your heron come alive, as well as the other beautiful projects. How will you decide where to start?

Carole
I'm starting the bluebird next week! :dance: Thank you so much!! My mom's friend wanted a jar with a cat on it, so I'm finishing that one up tonight, and my boss wants this annoying snowflake with metallic thread... beautiful, but super annoying to work with (it's various shades of blue and lavender with a pearl metallic thread blended). That's about 3/4 done, and then I'll start the bluebird. The one my mom picked out though has about 75 french knots. I'm not excited about that, so the stamens either won't have french knots or maybe I'll try using tiny beads instead. Not sure which will be less annoying! It's all on small fabric so it'll fit on a jar, too. I might be blind within the month.
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
kingfisher68(2)

Look forward to seeing the ones you are working on when they are finished & also the bluebird one when you start that. :)
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Love all your new charts Izzi and especially the Heron - it brings back memories for sure. When driving along a certain road to the beach in Christchurch (NZ) we often used to see the White Heron perched on a fence post. The Japanese ones are lovely and colourful too.
Looking forward to seeing them being stitched. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Little screw-top pots to use as bead/embellishment/sequin project containers. The filled one I got as a Christmas present, then containing home-made lip balm. The small ones I ordered later - ten of them. I then decided Iwanted more, and placed a repeat order; but the pots I got were actually larger! Still usable, so I'll keep them :-)

And these are coton a broder #16, bought for a particular project which I hope to show you after our holiday!

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
kingfisher68(2)

Great purchases Mabel. Great rainbow colours for your next project, can't wait to see it. A good idea to re-use lip balm pots as containers for small items. Also good to re-use things.
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Pulls up Magic Bench to see what Mabel has up her sleeve to show us next! :dance:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote:Pulls up Magic Bench to see what Mabel has up her sleeve to show us next! :dance:
sitting next to you. Will bring some refreshements from the Stash & Grab while we are waiting. :coffee: ? :tea: ? or :wine: ?

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh :wine: :lol:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I'll join you too, hot chocolate and scones please.

Mabel, what useful little pots for beads etc. and I love those threads, especially the blends - yummy.

WIPS
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Great idea, those pots. I use little clear acrylic ones that were a gift. Ever so handy.

budge up on this bench, please! (Doncha love that the S&G now does a carry out service?)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I use acrylic ones for general bead storage - I think it's 25 or 30 pots in a useful acrylic box - but these are great as project pots. They are the perfect size to hold all the threads, beads, gems and sequins for one Butterfly Wreath, so i may give them out at the workshops as a little bonus :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

I got a $50 gift card from my boss for Administrative Professionals Day last week. Coincidentally, I have about $35 in my wish list/cart at Stoney Creek (the celtic trolley needle, a needleminder, and a pattern). Gosh... think I can find another $15 worth of stuff there? :wink: Can't wait to go shopping!!
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
kingfisher68(2)

Oooh how lovely Michelle. Can't wait to see what goodies you buy :D
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a thoughtful gift that is and I am sure you will find something to spend the 'change' on. :lol:

WIPS