2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lavenderbees

Re: 2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

Post by lavenderbees »

What a great selection you have there Curious Kitty.

I have permanent sciatica too. Very painful in winter so good to have a choice of projects to sit & stitch.
Lavender

stitching is beewitching
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a great find you have discovered and I am sure it will keep your needle working for a long time to come. :lol: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Fab stash everyone has. Just love the dog. Look forward to seeing these new things as they are worked on.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Well I don't have them yet, but I'm buying that 12 months of Celtic I asked about earlier, and "Shades of Blue" by Northern Expressions. I'm also buying non DMC floss for the first time for Shades of Blue, from Dinky Dyes Silk! And since the first one was stitched on a hand-dyed fabric, I thought I'd try it for the first time too!

But do I get Snow Drifts:
https://stephsfabbys.com/products/aloha ... ed3340a55a" target="_blank

Or Frozen Fractals!?
https://stephsfabbys.com/products/frost ... opalescent" target="_blank

If she says her edges are surged, does that mean if my project is 12.5 by 12.5, I can buy a 13x18 and not worry about that half-inch unraveling?
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I'd go with Snow Drifts but both are beautiful. If your project is 12.5 x 12.5 I would think you would need fabric that is at least 15.5 x 15.5 so that you have 3 inches on each side to accomodate the frame. Surged fabric means that you shouldn't have any fabric unraveling.

Can't wait to see this project getting started.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Both are great fabrics but if your project is 12.5 by 12.5 you would need at least 16.5 by 16.5 for a 2 inch border on all sides and 18.5 by 18.5 for a 3 inch border on each side--just makes it easier to use in a hoop or frame/qsnap etc. Stephanie's fabrics are awesome!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Snowdrifts is ordered! I now eagerly await! :whoop:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote:Both are great fabrics but if your project is 12.5 by 12.5 you would need at least 16.5 by 16.5 for a 2 inch border on all sides and 18.5 by 18.5 for a 3 inch border on each side--just makes it easier to use in a hoop or frame/qsnap etc. Stephanie's fabrics are awesome!!
:oops: :oops: :oops: thank you Karen for correcting my math. Can't tell you how many times I have messed up by not doubling the border. That's why I have to use the Cross Stitch Calculator every time I order fabric!!!

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
sina28

Post by sina28 »

I'm so excited! :whoop:
I went to Paris with my boyfriend on Monday and came back on Wednesday (we live quite near, only 3 hours to get to Paris by train) and while we did a lot of sightseeing, we also visited Le Bonheur des Dames and Les Brodeuses Parisiennes. Especially the first shop was just like paradise! A huge shop full of cross stitch kits, magazines,charts, books, linen and much more!
There I bought my first ever Thea Gouverneur kit, two more small kits (one scissor keep and two ornaments) and a beautiful pair of scissors.
At Les Brodeuses Parisiennes I treated myself to a beautiful checkered tea-towel made of linen accompanied by a chart of a christmas tree, also an older christmas issue of Création Point de Croix.

I have a photo for you to marvel at all the things. :wub:

Sina
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

PARIS! How fantastic! How fun!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

CuriousKitty wrote:PARIS! How fantastic! How fun!
I agree!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh wow! I wanted to get to those 'stitchers paradise shops' when D/H and I went a couple of years back.......but time was too short plus there was a public transport strike and it was too far to walk from our hotel :tantrum:

You lucky girl.
Enjoy your Parisienne Stash. :dance:
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Okay. I'm a really bad girl but I really can't help myself. On the upside, the stitching related products were on my mom's dollar courtesy of a gift card to my Ben Franklin from my birthday. So I'm not wholly irresponsible? Just enabled? And I decided to add my loot from the State Fair today because :whoop: :king: :whoop:

So with the gift card, I decided to get things I didn't really need, because what else am I going to do but expand all possible future needs? :roll: So here I grabbed 3 sizes of Q-Snaps to go with my 3 full frames already because you can mix and match and who KNOWS what size project I'll be using next... right? I picked up some warrior skeins 744, 3363, 3364 (as mentioned on my ABC thread) and more needles size 7 from Dritz, a seam ripper for the ABC afghan because when I asked my mother to help me with sewing down the seams before I started it, she did it in a really weird place instead of where I indicated so before I fringe it... I have to rip it out. And a seam ripper is always good to have. I bought, for trial purposes, "The Fine Line" to see if it'll work for gridding in a way that I like. I'm a little tired of using thread to grid, especially for SMALL grids.

Then at the State Fair, I went a little crazy at the shop literally called Stone Crazy, got an alpaca poncho to cuddle in and a pack of 100 assorted honey sticks; annnnd my blue apatite 8mm beads came in the mail today!

(Citrine cluster, Citrine points, Amethyst cluster, Bizmuth large and small, Iron Pyrite Sphere, carved Tiger Eye beads, Moonstone, Labradorite, Lapis Lazuli in two colors)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Amazing new stash ladies, and what variety too. Enjoy all of it. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Very nice stash ladies, and CuriousKitty I love your awesome poncho!!!! :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

love the poncho Curiouskitty and the crystals are beautiful, but the honey sticks look divine....

niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Fizzbw wrote:love the poncho Curiouskitty and the crystals are beautiful, but the honey sticks look divine....

niki xxx
I have a terrible addiction to honey sticks.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

What a lot you got!! 8) :dance: :dance:

Love that ponchol! :wub:
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

WOW what great things you ladies have. Love the stones Curious Kitty. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

It must be Puffin Week!! I've just received in the post a Puffin Chart from Sally Squirrel. It was in a back copy of WOXS and designed by our 'Own' AmandaG

:whoop: :whoop:

Thanks Sally!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: and thanks too, to Amanda for her splendid design! 8) :dance: :dance:

'Need' a Puffin Smilie I think :thinks: