2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: 2017 Deliveries & New Stash Acquisitions

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

My thoughts exactly - I'll use that one for the first experiment, and perhaps design something espeically for the replacement.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Sewandso customer service is amazing and good to know it hasn't changed either. Your purchase looks really interesting and it will be fun to watch you experiment with the damaged one.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Got this in the post yesterday completely out of the blue, a lovely fellow stitcher was given this but already had a copy herself and passed it on to me (with stitched card)! Made my day :D

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

We do have an amazing group of lovely caring sharing people on this forum. I am sure you will have fun with the ideas in that book Mabel. Looking forward to seeing the results. :applesauce:

WIPS
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

Someday I'd like to try hardanger, I think it's so beautiful. Too many other things to do though.

I went to that needlepoint store an hour from home this weekend. It was very tiny (the pictures online made it look much bigger). It was great though - lovely people, so many fabrics to choose from, patterns everywhere. I ended up with one new small snowman pattern, various pieces of linen, jobelan and evenweave fabrics in various counts (trying them all out for my HAED design and just in general too... love jobelan but it's expensive). I've never stitched with anything but DMC thread so I got a skein of silk thread to try out, and a couple skeins of a wool/silk blend. I also saw some really cute fuzzy thread... I'm thinking for my Christmas jar lids if I do a Santa, I can make his hat fuzzy.

Anyway it was awesome, and another $100 gone. I also got a magnifying/LED floor lamp from amazon so I can see the smaller stitches. I'm all set with projects & stash for probably a decade or more! :whoop:

I saw some gorgeous kits there, I think the brand name was Thea? They were well over $100 each. !!! Beautiful designs though. Also found patterns by company called Nimue. Loved them, I will definitely get one in the future.

Michelle
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

How lovely to get a surprise gift Mabel. So thoughtful of the sender. :)

This is what I got in mail just a while ago. Sooo excited with it :whoop: It is a design by Agneta Engman in her Nature Trail series. Not heard of her before but will be looking up to see what other wildlife charts she has. The whole sampler is on front at an angle & that is why the picture is not straight. This can be done as 5 smaller pics as well as sampler but when I get to do it will make one complete picture.

Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Superb...love Kingfishers....but not as much as I love PUFFINS!!! :lol:

Enjoy that! :dance:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a little beauty that is. Looking forward to seeing it stitched. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

WIPS
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Thank you both
Izzi

WIP
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Squirrel wrote:What a little beauty that is. Looking forward to seeing it stitched. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
I absolutely agree!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rigel07

Post by rigel07 »

I just ordered fabric for my first self designed cross stitch project a few days ago from Under the Sea Fabrics.

http://www.undertheseafabrics.com/Dappl ... ow-999.htm" target="_blank

WIPs
Enchanted Alphabet
Dragon Carousel
Lady of the Flag

Finished
Catch the Wind
1994 Christmas Madonna ~ Freebie/Converted
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

I just looked at their fabrics - they're gorgeous!!
Michelle

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ooohhh that is gorgeous and No I am NOT going to look at their fabrics no way - says she hopefully

WIPS
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:doh: Why do I see these beautiful fabrics when I have a Whole Stack of fabrics to last into the Next Lifetime??? :tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy:
Squirrel wrote:Ooohhh that is gorgeous and No I am NOT going to look at their fabrics no way - says she hopefully
I'm not looking either, Sally (I lied! :lol: )
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

What beautiful colours on this fabric. Look forward to seeing you stitch on this. It should look great. :)
Izzi

WIP
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

I am so excited... I'm about to start a HAED ornament (finally got all the thread last night, tonight I organize it, and I can start hopefully Sunday - I'm gone all day Saturday so I won't have time). James Christensen's Candlestick Man.

BUT THEN!!!

A couple weeks ago I requested a max color HAED of Cliffhanger. I love that one so much. I have another HAED I purchased a month ago (James Christensen's Faery Tales), but Cliffhanger was stuck in my brain. I wanted max color & they finished it today and I ordered it!! I can't wait to get started on it. :whoop: :whoop:

Here's a link to the page (not sure if I should copy/paste an image, even with their logo on it...).
http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... s_id=18864" target="_blank

200 colors! :dance:

Michelle
Michelle

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That will certainly keep you stitching for quite a while. Looking forward to seeing you work on it.

WIPS
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

I love Aimee Stewarts artwork and Cliffhanger MC will be gorgeous. I can't wait to see your updates on all of these.
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I also love Aimee Stewart's work and in max colors this will be awesome! Can't wait to see your progress!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

isaacson72 wrote:Someday I'd like to try hardanger, I think it's so beautiful. Too many other things to do though.

I went to that needlepoint store an hour from home this weekend. It was very tiny (the pictures online made it look much bigger). It was great though - lovely people, so many fabrics to choose from, patterns everywhere. I ended up with one new small snowman pattern, various pieces of linen, jobelan and evenweave fabrics in various counts (trying them all out for my HAED design and just in general too... love jobelan but it's expensive). I've never stitched with anything but DMC thread so I got a skein of silk thread to try out, and a couple skeins of a wool/silk blend. I also saw some really cute fuzzy thread... I'm thinking for my Christmas jar lids if I do a Santa, I can make his hat fuzzy.

Anyway it was awesome, and another $100 gone. I also got a magnifying/LED floor lamp from amazon so I can see the smaller stitches. I'm all set with projects & stash for probably a decade or more! :whoop:

I saw some gorgeous kits there, I think the brand name was Thea? They were well over $100 each. !!! Beautiful designs though. Also found patterns by company called Nimue. Loved them, I will definitely get one in the future.

Michelle

Heyyyy that's not a store down in Issaquah is it? I have yet to go there! It's such a drive! I just ordered 4 kits, but they aren't actually for me! My friend who just went through a horrific breakup and all sorts of awful drama that I've ended up mediating for the last 6 months finally have each other on block and no-contact lists (it only took forever) and she saw the small mini xstitch I was working on (finished kitty today, still have to do the ball of yarn) and said she wanted to try it! So I sent her some of the simplest kits I could find that would be really easy to follow. She's also a huge cat lady so... she's in good company with these!