2017 St Cross Stitchers Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Re: 2017 St Cross Stitchers Ward

Post by wendywombat »

Purple Patsy wrote:Wishing you a very speedy recovery from what sounds like a very traumatic accident.

Now if you are sitting comfortable I'll begin:-

“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”

And when you get bored of me reading it I will pop in the BBC DVDs for you. You can't beat a bit of Colin Firth in a wet shirt can you?!?!?!?!

@rotfl: the power of laughter is a wonderful healer.....not to mention Colin Firth in a wet shirt :wink: ...Bliss!

I feel so much better for that :hug: thank you! :rose:
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Sorry you had the fall & injuries Wendy, hope you will be better soon. It must have really shaken you as I've had a small number of falls but thankfully only bruises, no cuts or fractures. It took me a while each time for the affects of shock to subside.

Curious Kitty hope you soon feel better. took me a few years to get pregnant so don't worry about time limits. Children are conceived at the time they are mean to appear, not when other people think you should have them. Enjoy what life you have & relax if you can, easier said than done I realise, as you will be busy once children do come along. Enjoyment busy sometimes & fraught busy others but well worth the wait :)

PS Sorry forgot to bring flowers so I've just popped back with a large mixed bunch to add colour to the ward & hopefully cheer you both up :) :)
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I've checked out from that nice corner bed.
I'm amazed how quickly I am healing....obviously the Good French Diet is paying dividends as all I have left are just a few yellow bruises in my face, the cut on my nose and top lip are healing so fast that I'm almost scab free! :dance: The nose will take a while yet to mend but if that's all I have to complain about.... :lol:

So I think a few days in the Lovely Tree House Serinde told us about by the loch will finish the convalescence properly. I'm now able to do some stitching, but haven't yet picked up my knitting needles as the little finger on my left hand is still not healed enough.

:wub: Thank you Girls for the get well :balloons: flowers :rose: and good wishes...But the Wombat is Almost back to her own self again!! :applesauce: :grouphug:
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Oooh sounds horrible but glad you are feeling better Wendy. Hope your DH has been looking after you in a suitable manner after seeing just how far you will go to enable him to strike off another item on his Wish List! :lol: Have heard love knows no bounds & you've just proved it :) Joking apart it must be very sore for you at times & hope all wounds will clear up soon.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
CavyMom

Post by CavyMom »

Wendy, I'm so glad you are feeling better! That sounds like such a nasty fall. I hope you continue to have a speedy recovery. :)
WIPs
Rocky Point
Frosty Snowman
Living Ocean
Faith ornament
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

That's great news that you are recovery so quickly Wendy enjoy the lovely tree house and loch with a little bit of stitching, what a treat :)

I am going in for my THR op tomorrow, I feel happy sad and worried all at the same time, there's quite a jumble going on in my head at the moment!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Only just read this Lulu. Hope all went well and you're on the road to recovery now. :D
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Purple Patsy wrote:Only just read this Lulu. Hope all went well and you're on the road to recovery now. :D
me too!!! Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hi everyone, oh boy do I need a little TLC and a stiff drink!

My op went very well my surgeon was fantastic and I cannot praise the hospital staff highly enough, I came out a day early (yesterday) which is great because I've done so well with physio, I do feel very vulnerable at the mo because I can't do very much, but I am being very spoilt and I'd better make the most of it while I've got it!

I will be having a snoop around next week at all your lovely projects, I am hoping to do a little stitching in the coming week but I'm a bit washed out to concentrate well and I can't being doing with those frogs!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
CavyMom

Post by CavyMom »

Hi Lulu! That's wonderful! I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and that you are well on the road to recovery (and that your family is spoiling you). You should definitely take advantage of that. I hope you feel up to stitching again soon.

Sending over your favorite drink. The wonderful thing about virtual drinks is they won't interact with your medication :)
WIPs
Rocky Point
Frosty Snowman
Living Ocean
Faith ornament
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

You are back!!

The physio has been alerted and will get your regime sorted, just remember to do Only what you feel like doing, gentle exercise is best, don't push yourself too hard!
poppy

Post by poppy »

So glad all went well and that you are back with us :whoop:
Lulu22 wrote: I've done so well with physio
That is fantastic! So hard going but worth it, well done you :applesauce:

I am bringing a piece of your favorite cake and drink . :cake: :toast:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: So very glad to hear that you are doing well, that the surgery was successful and you are being properly cared for and properly spoiled by your family. Remember that while you are here you hardly have to ring the bell to get anything you want.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

CK & WW: Take this little piece of my buttermilk cake. :cake: I hope you like it. It's eggless. I can't bake anything with egg. I can't eat anything with egg either. I wish you both all the best. Yeah, and :tea: too.
I've eaten painkillers lately. This rainy summer has made my life miserable. Some days mere ginger will do, other days I need painkillers to survive through the day. My "regular" painkillers are gone (I've eaten them all one by one, that is) and now I must eat another kind of painkillers. I just hope I don't need them much. It may be my future is full of drinking and running to the toilet and back, just because I need to drink because of those medicines. Oh well, such is life.
I wish you all here speedy recovery and take it easy with that stitching. I've spent 3 hours a day in front of TV watching the Morning Tv (straight translation from Finnish). It's lovely to sit and stitch - and even enjoy it. I'm so busy with my stitching I seem to worry more than enjoy, and I know I should enjoy the stitching, not worry about it.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Need to put my eldest daughter in the ward for a few days for a very silly accident.

She kicked a radiator pipe and may have broken a toe.

It sounds unutterably silly put that way, but that is bald & unvarnished version. A slightly more explicable version is that she came down the stairs quite quickly, turned left into the dining room and her unshod right foot swung out just far enough to catch the radiator pipe. And.. Ouch. We took her to the minor injuries unit, and they said there was no point in an X-Ray as the advice is the same whether bruised or broken, to strap to another toe and keep it up for a while. The bruising is really quite spectacular across the top of her foot, purple, red, black and some greenish.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

richardandtracy wrote:The bruising is really quite spectacular across the top of her foot, purple, red, black and some greenish.
Sounds like great inspiration for a cross stitch design! Seriously though, my best wishes for her speedy recovery, and don't blame the radiator too much.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Your daughter is certainly welcome to the TLC offered here! Hope that the pain stops soon. :bandaid:

Carole
:hug:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Owwwwch! Poor girl. She's going to need lots of Fatherly sympathy for that. The bed by the door into the Stash &Grab is free.....you can keep an eye on her, whilst taking a restorative collation after having to endure the A&E! :lol:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Ooo... ouch. Still, the colouring will be spectacular, and we are all here to look after Daughter until her poorly foot is better. I'm trying to organise her stay indoors to coincide with filthy weather, but can't guarantee anything... :rainbow:

PS: radiators are sly, you know; they do bite the unwary. I know this because my Younger Son required 4 stitches in his forehead having been bitten in the hallway, and Elder son required 3 at the back of his head, having been taken unawares in his bedroom!! :shock:
poppy

Post by poppy »

Poor girl! Ouch, she will need lots of Fatherly hugs and to watch a few DVD with her foot up, to help the swelling come down!
We are bringing :icecream: :choc: to make her feel better
Serinde wrote:PS: radiators are sly, you know; they do bite the unwary. I know this because my Younger Son required 4 stitches in his forehead having been bitten in the hallway, and Elder son required 3 at the back of his head, having been taken unawares in his bedroom!!
Yep, my 4 year old daughter ( she is 30 now!) hit the back on her head on a radiator and had to have a few stitches.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell