2017 St Cross Stitchers Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

richardandtracy

Re: 2017 St Cross Stitchers Ward

Post by richardandtracy »

I have passed your best wishes on to her, but must admit to you the fact she's 20 and should know a lot better!

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
lavenderbees

Post by lavenderbees »

Ouch, how painful. Hope your daughter soon feels better Richard. In this case a :bandaid: is not a cure all. Also hope you are giving her lots of TLC :D A few days in here with comfortable beds, the good food & drinks service here & tended by Serinde fluffing pillows will help her no end.
Lavender

stitching is beewitching
fccs

Post by fccs »

Best wishes for healing to your daughter, and perhaps she could invest in a nice big pillow when she feels the need to kick something. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

All the best to your daughter! That doesn't sound nice, no matter how old someone is.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

and 20 is no age at all (it seems to be from this remove...)
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hi everyone I'm popping into the ward for a little update on my progress and I'm happy to report significant progress with my recovery :)

I am nine weeks post op tomorrow, I'm walking with no crutches and I can easily walk a mile before tiring, I am due to see my consultant in October as I am on the list for my right hip to be replaced, however I am happy to say that I can postpone this :whoop: apart from the clicking the pain has gone, I know this is temporary my consultant did say that sometimes when one side is repaired it puts less strain on the other hip and therefore it could delay the next operation for a couple of years. :)
So the plan is I'll be spending September recovering I have restrictions for 12 weeks I need to adhere to and I need to build up muscle strength and then I'll be job hunting, my former job was too physical, I was also a keen runner too, now all that has gone, however I am looking forward to new opportunities and living life pain free. :whoop:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

That is Such Good News!! :whoop: :whoop:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: :whoop: You are making wonderful progress.
Incredible how quickly the body adapts! :x: that your right hip won't have to be replaced for a good few years. :D :mexicanwave:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Great news, hope the rest of your recovery will go smoothly and speedily!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: I am so glad that you are recovering and the fact that you can walk a mile is amazing. And the fact that the pain on the other side has diminished is a wonderful benefit. My sister had both hips replaced in the same year (about 8 months apart) and the second recovery went faster since the other hip was in good shape. The change in her was amazing and I'm sure it will be for you also.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Well, I'm popping in. Now that I'm mostly over the sciatica, I still feel like my lower back tightens up more easily more often. My massage therapist tells me I still have a large amount of tenderness in that area. But after 3-4 days of not being able to walk, I'm not really taking it for granted. Unfortunately with the way work is right now with being so unbelievably short-staffed, I don't get a lot of options for rest. But we just hired someone new this week, so I'm not pulling 45-50 hour work weeks now. Which is nice.

Now I have a stuffed head-cold and holding a consistent low-grade fever. I could work through it if it's still here on my next shift. I just have this unbearable piercing headache in the morning and runny nose. At least the sore throat is gone. So happily, I've collected myself enough to actually start on the afghan again!
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

So sorry to hear about the awful back pain along with the cold you must not be feeling very well at all Hope you soon get some respite form the pain & blocked head.

Lulu, so glad the hip op as a success 6 do hope you can put off the 2nd hip op. etc hope you will not need it now the other one enables you to walk better.

Hope you boht fele better after a few days in this lovley ward. Have brought more flowers to replace the others. Hope it cheers up the ward :D
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
mysterystitcher

I am so glad the hip thing is getting better! All the best to you. Don't push yourself too hard, though. Just take it easy with those restrictions for the time being.

CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

kingfisher68(2) wrote:So sorry to hear about the awful back pain along with the cold you must not be feeling very well at all Hope you soon get some respite form the pain & blocked head.

Lulu, so glad the hip op as a success 6 do hope you can put off the 2nd hip op. etc hope you will not need it now the other one enables you to walk better.

Hope you boht fele better after a few days in this lovley ward. Have brought more flowers to replace the others. Hope it cheers up the ward :D
Thanks! The head cold broke today, so it's great to be able to breathe again!
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Hopefully cold will start to clear up now. Nothing worse than a stuffy head & a sore nose.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
mysterystitcher

I hope the cold will go away soon.

CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

So, it seems I can't escape the drudgery of drama this week. Today has been the Monday of all Mondays. I get to work 10 minute late, I get a call exactly at 9 when we open, to find out the customer from our Diamond Show last Saturday, is returning her 11k ring. I proceed to get blamed 100% for it, even though it was a split sale, and I definitely was not the only associate involved in it. I have a ditzy moment and leave jewelry out for anyone to grab for like 10 minutes, my only saving grace being 1) the manager was in the back on lunch and 2) it was in a small bucket covered with papers. If it had been taken, I would not have a job right now. I make it to the mall after work, after taking 15 minutes to go 1 mile in traffic to get the boss's birthday present, and on the way home... the light turned yellow at an odd moment and the car in front of me decided to hit the brakes (this city is vicious with the automatic picture-tickets) and I hit the brakes, only today's the first day we've had rain in a long time and my wheels lock and stop and... I slide...

...right into his bumper. Upside is he was very nice, graciously accepted my very sincere apology and he had 0 damage to his bumper and I only have a dented license plate. I don't give two needles about that plate, so you won't hear any whining from me.

And the canker sore I have is right up where the gums meet your lip and is extraordinarily painful. I'm trying a new product, which tastes WAY better than Zylactin-B, and way easier to apply- but it doesn't last as long.

So yeah. Monday of all Mondays.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

One cold compress comin' right up... (as Auntie Serinde gently ushers the Kitty into a cool, dark room for a lie down).
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sounds like you landed in the right place for now. Fingers and paws crossed that today is a much much better day!
:hug:

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Thank you ladies :wub:

So I finally have 3 days off in a row, I spent yesterday sleeping off the stress until noon, then got up, went and got the mail I missed that apparently had to be signed for (really!? :tantrum:). I'm feeling a lot better, it's amazing what over-indulging in sleep will do. It was a very stressful close with our new gal who's 80 and honestly needs to be in a job that requires less multitasking and minute detail. I'm sure she's very capable, but this really isn't the job for her and she brought an attitude with it- closing with her until 10pm was probably the most extreme test of patience I've had in a while. I'm proud to say I did not say a single cross word and remained 100% civil and while my tone might not have been the warmest, it wasn't rude. I admire her dedication to keep working since she needs it, but she has a habit of outright denying we informed her of a rule or policy and then complaining about it... even if she has proof in front of her we told her.

Today I'll get my hair done, see if I can book a doggie trim appointment for Saturday, and hopefully finish some much needed stitching! I haven't heard back about the job I put in for, so I may be stuck here for a while longer. But it's not a bad thing I guess, I have a stable job, so I should be grateful. My sciatica has been persisting, which has been difficult. It's not crippling, which I can only be thankful for. But it's more like a painful needle jabbing my left hip over and over. :(

My husband's made some more noise about kids lately. I know he has 0 intention of pressuring me, but at this point, unless we seek a doctor's help, it's just up to my body to make it happen really. It's a little, well not worrying, but something more like the equivalent of lower-lip chewing since we've been more pro-active but not necessarily trying since New Year's. My sister said it took her about 6 months each time when she was actively trying. I have lots of time, I know, but maybe I just grew up with the misconception (or understanding to scare me out of sex early) that as soon as you're unprotected, BAM it'll happen. Now I know that's not true, but reminding myself that I should relax and enjoy life as it is, is really a daily reminder for myself. The minute children become a check-mark on a to-do list, or a chore, is the moment I need to re-evaluate.

Edit: I just checked the navy job posting, so I'll either hear about an interview or get an email of non-selection in 3-6 weeks after the posting closed, which was today. My fingers are still crossed!