Will be away - Home Again

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kingfisher68(2)

Will be away - Home Again

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

for a while due to family illness. Will be back when I can.
Last edited by kingfisher68(2) on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Nicola Main

Re: Will be away

Post by Nicola Main »

Awwwww Izzi I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you're okay. Come back when you're ready xxx
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I hope everything will be ok and look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care x
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

We will miss you while you're away, but sending lots of good wishes that your family member recovers soon.

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Sending good thoughts your way!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

poppy

Post by poppy »

So sorry to hear that, Izzi. Sending lots of good wishes your way. xx
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Sorry to hear about the family illness Izzy and hope things are improving. Hope to see you back very soon.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Wishing you all the best I hope your family member recovers quickly, I'm sending lots of hugs :grouphug:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
kingfisher68(2)

Re: Will be away - Home Again

Sorry this post appears to have come through twice. Proper one under this one. Nothing changes Internet still playing up!! :lol:
Last edited by kingfisher68(2) on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
kingfisher68(2)

Am home again now. Relative fit enough to look after herself, Hamish, a Westie, & her 3 cats. We stayed a few extra days to make sure she was alright on her own as cats when rubbing round your legs can easily trip you up. Hamish is quieter as he's older.

Sadly a 50 year old relative died very suddenly, nothing wrong as we knew of, she had an aneurism. A shock to everyone although good for her not to suffer.

Then we had a few days away. As you all knew I'd be away I didn't see the point of saying we were home for 48 hrs & off again. Thought it best to stay off until home & back to normal.

Goose picture finished but no photo I'm afraid. Relatives neighbour had been very kind & I learned she liked geese & ducks so gave the picture to her. Our mobile phones haven't a camera, just for calls in & out.

Hope everyone is safe & well. Will catch up over the next week or so. There is a lot to catch up. Will enjoy seeing our latest creations.

Forgot to say, my next project will be a kingfisher chart I've got from a magazine. That can go in the kitchen as it is bright & has yellow flowers as well as the lovely bird :D

Our neighbours have been kind & kept flower/shrub containers watered.

Keep safe those in USA. Hope all well out there, as well as can be that is. :)
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Welcome home and so very sorry that you have had to go through so much grief. I hope that things will settle down for you soon and hope that you can find some comfort in your stitching. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your projects when you are able to sort things out!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Glad to know you are home again Izzi and that life can begin to settle back to normal - whatever that is! Sad to read of the sudden death of your relative. :wub: :hug: :pray:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

:wave: Welcome back! I'm sorry you've had to deal with the sudden death of your other relative as well as looking after the original relative, but good to hear she is doing well now.

Looking forward to the kingfisher, sounds really colourful and cheerful!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Good to see you back after what must have been a difficult time for you! :hug:
kingfisher68(2)

Thank you all for your very kind words. I must admit when younger relative died so suddenly, the shock made me walk about in a sort of daze for a while. Must be the same the world over when that happens as the shock is so great.

Not got round to gridding fabric for kingfisher just yet. Will start that in a couple of days time but I am looking forward to making that :)

This morning bought WOXS with cute Xmas cards, I know the dreaded C word, gave myself a slapped wrist, don't worry as it is a bit too early to mention that word :lol: Also got a beautiful sea horse chart inside. Was only thinking yesterday I'd like to find a sea horse chart & there it was. Lovely cup cake card charts too so I had a real bonanza of charts with that one magazine.

Once again thank you all for our kind words. It is good to be back. Will go through a few posts a day to catch up with everyone.

Wendy, my cousin likes anything & everything with chef James Martin in & we watched a re run of him in France. Wonderful food & brilliant markets. The food must be so tasty as most seems to be locally grown wherever he goes. I must is lovely & can come into my kitchen any time he likes. He can just it & look decorative if he wants too, he needn't do any cooking :lol: Don't tell DH I said that though will you :)
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

kingfisher68(2) wrote:
Wendy, my cousin likes anything & everything with chef James Martin in & we watched a re run of him in France. Wonderful food & brilliant markets. The food must be so tasty as most seems to be locally grown wherever he goes. I must is lovely & can come into my kitchen any time he likes. He can just it & look decorative if he wants too, he needn't do any cooking :lol: Don't tell DH I said that though will you :)
Our local market is wonderful! Just about all of the produce is local grown...even the meat and cheeses.
I buy trays full of tomatoes each week, but last week I ran out and had to get some in the supermarket... :doh: No Taste, just a cold damp feeling in the mouth :gurn: unlike our local toms...they are so sweet and full of flavour it almost hurts to eat them!! :lol: