Tenth Anniversary Awards

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: Tenth Anniversary Awards

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Definitely seconded, thirded and fourthed!

And of course we need an Absolutely Indispensible Moderators Award for our absolutely indispensible moderators
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Serinde wrote:May I also nominate, in the category of Best Forum Managers in a Major Role Chris :horse: and Alex :alex: without whom the forum really wouldn't exist. Thanks, guys!
I totally agree!! :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

From my experience of being a moderator on another forum, I'm able to appreciate the influence the mods exert on the quality of the forum experience. It isn't an easy task, and I think the mods here have done a fantastic job. Once the tone has been set, it tends to be somewhat self perpetuating, but needs gentle maintenance. To the whole mod team, can I say
'Great job'

Regards

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Roland

Post by Roland »

I'd like to nominate afdish for her thread showing how to make a q-snap grime guard. I have it saved on my iPad and have linked to it a few times when people asked how to make one.
frankattleborough

Post by frankattleborough »

For me it is definitely the forum. When I was left on my own, 9 years ago this Christmas Day, it was shortly after that when I found the forum. The people on here are amazing and couldn't have been more helpful to me in those early dark days.

I hope I have in my turn given a little back. I have made a lot of friends on here which is a priceless thing to have.
Smile and the world smiles with you

Work in progress

Family Coat of Arms - Finished
Spike in Charge (Kit) Restarted
Water Garden - Tapestry - will take about another year!!
Norwich Cathedral
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Aw, golly Frank! You're part of the furniture now, you know. :ribbit: :hug:
fccs

Post by fccs »

frankattleborough wrote:I have made a lot of friends on here which is a priceless thing to have.
I feel the same.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote:
frankattleborough wrote:I have made a lot of friends on here which is a priceless thing to have.
I feel the same.
Completely agree :wub:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

cristaltipps wrote:I agree with all the above and would like to nominate "crossstitchforum.com" for being the nicest, least bitchy, most helpful site i have ever come across, if you come here daily or less often (like me) without fail you are welcomed, helped and encouraged.

This site works because of the people here so my award goes to all of the wonderful members :) :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
I so agree.

I found this forum back on (if you can believe it, it says it under my picture) September 11th, 2011. I was not even a year out of high school (edit: wow, I can't math. I was over a year out of highschool), drowning in depression, pressure, trying to be an adult, work and go to school and came close to running away from it all several times. I had just gone through the worst experience of my life involving sexual harassment and I don't really think I can express my gratitude well enough. I picked up my stitching again, as slow as I am, and found this amazingly wonderful forum full of all you lovely people who are so uplifting. I never see a single snarky, negative or bad word said about any members towards each other, and it was so impressive to me, to see a group of people of all ages on common ground being so supportive.

I was in such a hostile environment that my life only really started turning around not too much later in the following January when I started dating my now husband of 6 months. I married him 5 years to the day I moved in and while it's been a tough road, I can always count on seeing some amazing beauty, artistry and kind words from anyone here.

So everyone should be nominated! :whoop:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You deserve your own party, with everyone invited of course, at the Stash & Grab! :wip:
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

:wave: :wave: My vote goes to the forum. Without Pat showing me this forum, I wouldn't had met so many people or tips that I use "daily." Thank you Rose for making it for us. Like someone told me "years ago" , no ? is toooooo small or toooooooooo big. And we "do" learn something new "everyday." :whoop: :ratherbe: :whoop: :ratherbe: :whoop: :ratherbe: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
GBU all.