If I wanted something charted?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JenniferT

If I wanted something charted?

Post by JenniferT »

I see there's a member who does charting? There's a particular Waterhouse painting (Soul of the Rose) I have always wanted to xstitch, but I have been unable to find a pattern. I also don't want to learn a new software program, or spend the money on one. :P

Where would I need to post the request, or could a mod move it to the appropriate forum?

Thanks!
Peace out, Stitches!!

My WIP album

In the queue:
Fall Fairy and Woodland Enchantress, both Dimensions kits
Summer Tree Fairy ( not what I expected :x )
Woodland Faerie - Teresa Wenztler
rcperryls

Re: If I wanted something charted?

Post by rcperryls »

We do have a member who makes some beautiful charts and knows how to get the artist's approval if required. That is a gorgeous painting and would make an amazing cross stitch design. This thread, Custom Made Charts, explains what she does. I'm not sure if the price is still what she has listed as it hasn't been updated in a bit, but you can send her a pm with your email address (we don't post those in regular threads generally since this is an open forum that anyone can read) by clicking on the little icon underneath skitzzzzz's location on the right hand side of the post.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
annamarie23

Post by annamarie23 »

Skitzzzz does amazing custom charts! Can't recommend the lady enough!

If you are a fan of the Waterhouse designs, sites like Scarlet Quince and Cross Stitch Collectibles are worth a look.
Anna-Marie x

WIP - CSC 'Calligraphy', Janlynn 'Egyptian Pair', Ink Circles 'Woodland Vines'.
Waiting in the wings - Music and violin- Skitzzzzz, SQ 'Midsummer Eve', HAED Mini Camelot plus lots of others.
JenniferT

Post by JenniferT »

annamarie23 wrote:Skitzzzz does amazing custom charts! Can't recommend the lady enough!

If you are a fan of the Waterhouse designs, sites like Scarlet Quince and Cross Stitch Collectibles are worth a look.

Scarlet Quince has this very one!

Thanks!
Peace out, Stitches!!

My WIP album

In the queue:
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

HAED and Golden Kite also have this one and it's on Amazon too https://www.amazon.co.uk/Counted-Cross- ... B013GLPXLK" target="_blank. Can't vouch for the quality of any of the charting but it is available
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Both Artecy (artecy.com) and Mystic Stitch (mysticstitch.com) also have that chart. It's a very popular Waterhouse painting on the art-to-stitch sites. If blended threads don't bother you, I'd look at Golden Kite first, then Scarlet Quince for the best quality conversion. I can't speak to Cross Stitch Collectibles, so I'd have to say look at Mystic Stitch and Artecy third and fourth. Because of past quality problems, I don't recommend HaED.

WIP
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

The picture was painted 1908 and Waterhouse died 1917. So the image is out of copyright in most jurisdictions.

You have a version of the image with more of a red colour cast than many versions, most on the web have a blue cast compared to yours, as seen in this google search: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=water ... BigB&dpr=1
I think the model had fairly light auburn coloured hair, with ginger highlights, which might make this image a little closer to the original painting: http://66.media.tumblr.com/782241b2207a ... o1_500.jpg. I think it also makes the pink of the roses seem more in keeping with the Victorian ideal of a rose, and the colour of the terracotta roof tiles is a bit more convincingly orange to me. However, if it's the version you prefer, go for it.

I also don't want to learn a new software program, or spend the money on one.
:shock: Aww.
Freebies can be quite good too...
Out of sheer nosiness (as is my wont), I had a bash at using my program to convert the image, and came up with the chart image shown below at a scale of 1 pixel = 1 stitch (300 x 225), and 110 blend/solid colours from 147 floss colours. The colours are the thread colours used. As far as I can tell, this is the closest rendering of the picture possible with that number of floss colours. Increasing the numbers of colours does not improve the picture quality all that much (though, being the absolute perfectionist, I'd expect Allyn to notice a 'massive' difference).
Should make a very nice picture when you stitch the version you want.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

richardandtracy wrote:... Increasing the numbers of colours does not improve the picture quality all that much (though, being the absolute perfectionist, I'd expect Allyn to notice a 'massive' difference)....
Awww :) You know me so well. :dance:

Personally, I think your program does the conversion a whole lot better than any software out there. Thank you.

WIP
JenniferT

Post by JenniferT »

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Peace out, Stitches!!

My WIP album

In the queue:
skitzzzzz

Post by skitzzzzz »

I am still about and charting prices still the same if need me just send me pm always happy to help
W.I.P
Still Life with Roses GK
Frost GK

http://www.facebook.com/skitzzzzz" target="_blank" target="_blank