Something personal but very exciting for me

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

MrsMoV

Re: Something personal but very exciting for me

Post by MrsMoV »

Fantastic :dance: :dance:

Be very proud of yourself. Your taking control of your life, doing something you like and you will be an inspiration to many people.

Thank you for sharing your story and best of luck for the new job.

Well done

MM x
WIP - Dachshund
WIP - HAED The Zodiac 1.
UFO - Dimensions Eagles Eye View
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

You are going really well and I pray that the weather co-operates on the 11th so that you an enjoy the time out and about to celebrate your mum's birthday.

:balloons: :stars: :rainbow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MUM. :happybirthday: :dance: :balloons:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote:You are going really well and I pray that the weather co-operates on the 11th so that you an enjoy the time out and about to celebrate your mum's birthday.

:balloons: :stars: :rainbow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MUM. :happybirthday: :dance: :balloons:
I agree completely. Hope you both have a wonderful day!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
istitchwithlove

Post by istitchwithlove »

MrsMoV wrote:Fantastic :dance: :dance:

Be very proud of yourself. Your taking control of your life, doing something you like and you will be an inspiration to many people.

Thank you for sharing your story and best of luck for the new job.

Well done

MM x
Thank you. This is my 7th week so I have been working almost 2 months or so. I am even working on a bad foot as I rolled my ankle last Wednesday but I will not call off work for something like that.
Current Projects
Ink Circles Celtic Quilts: Kentucky Chain
NEN Peacock Band Sampler
Soggy Toad Creations A Tale of Two Dolphins

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

Squirrel wrote:You are going really well and I pray that the weather co-operates on the 11th so that you an enjoy the time out and about to celebrate your mum's birthday.

The weather is just really cold bothering our sinus's but weather is clear for tomorrow. I just have the evening shift tonight to get through and then tomorrow we can go out and have fun
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

rcperryls wrote:

I agree completely. Hope you both have a wonderful day!

Carole
:dance:
Thanks we will. Normally she complains and hates me spending any money on her but I worked my butt off for this morning so we are both going to enjoy her 53rd birthday
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

have a lovely time!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
istitchwithlove

Mabel Figworthy wrote:have a lovely time!

Thank you we will
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

Well I am still alive having completed my 8th week of work tho work has become stressful due to the younger waitresses. They are jealous, angry i am not treated like them, getting their hours, etc....My parents raised me right tho it didn't become evident till i was almost 30, but they did.

I go to work, do my job and do it well. I am not sitting there eating all the time, spending all my time on the phone, sitting there doing nothing, etc. And it is causing me so much distress. I was hoping after 10 years out of circulation things would be different, but nope I am still an outcast but for much different reasons.

The younger ones are mad i get away with stuff because of my disabilities. Well in the US The Americans with Disabilities Act protects me and ensures accommodation to a reasonable degree. However I have never played that card as I just wanted to fit in and be treated like everyone else. But I am not being treated like everyone else and that has made them mad and calling on the unfair card. Mom reminded me of the ADA and i stopped feeling so horrible about it especially since I had no idea it was happening. I found out Saturday and I was over come with guilt. But mom reminded me today that I am the older more mature, reliable, and hard working employee than the 20 somethings that rang from 6 to 12 years younger than me. They are 27, 23, 23, and 21.

Fitting in is over rated but I want to so badly after being called a freak and psycho since I was 5 years old. In july I will be 34 so the last 28.5 years. about the only 2 groups I fit in with are the nerds who run in Star Wars and Lord Of the Rings circles and of course WWE people.

The younger ones are also mad and jealous about me being the favorite. I never set out for that...but i work hard, i clean better, I am more agreeable, reliable and more accommodating. I do anything that is needed of me and I have never called out or said no to working even tho my body screamed for a day off. Today for instance.. I woke up to a text asking me to cover one of the younger ones eve shift. So I was at work from 12 till 845 and a who party came in. I made 90.00 in tips.

Boss had me use his card to order 8 chairs for the tables section and I was informed I need to do it again and this time 16 chairs will do that on mondays shift...

This will all be discussed with my therapist for sure on monday because I can't keep on how i've been going last few weeks for sure. I've started taking my knitting to work to help deal with the anxiety that is cropping up
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Very sorry to hear you are having all these problems & hope thing can be sorted out. You do not need pressures like that but good for you for still working there despite these issues. sending :hug: :hug:
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Glad to hear from you but sorry that work is causing stress. Seems to me its really not your issue, but their issue. It can be frustrating and difficult to have co-workers who are really not your peers and have no understanding of people different than themselves. And if you were my most reliable employee, you'd be my favorite also. I'm sure that your therapist will be a big help to you in sorting this through. One thing you do have to remember though, is as much as you want to please you need to make sure you are taking care of yourself. And please tell me what is wrong with being a Star Wars and Lord of the Rings nerd??? I have all Star Wars dvds/blue rays (saw Force Awakens 7 times and Rogue 1 three times), and as far as the Lord of the Rings goes I have Hard Bound Copies, Unabridged Audio copies, iBook and the extended dvd versions of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit and watch and or listen to and/or read these (or read sections depending on my mood) at least once (and probably several times) a year! And you forgot about fitting in with an exceptional group of international stitchers!

Keep us up to date on how you are. I do believe that it will get easier and remember that this job is a stepping stone for you and you will make it to the next step up.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
istitchwithlove

kingfisher68 wrote:Very sorry to hear you are having all these problems & hope thing can be sorted out. You do not need pressures like that but good for you for still working there despite these issues. sending :hug: :hug:

I have student loans to pay it's not like when I was younger and had no real bills. I have real bills now and my student loans..so I need to work and because I am working, my disability is getting cut in half virtually so I'll be able to pay rent, for my dogs food and my shakes n granola bars and 1 credit card. Everything else needs to come out of my tips as my pay checks go into savings for a car
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

rcperryls wrote:Glad to hear from you but sorry that work is causing stress. Seems to me its really not your issue, but their issue. It can be frustrating and difficult to have co-workers who are really not your peers and have no understanding of people different than themselves. And if you were my most reliable employee, you'd be my favorite also. I'm sure that your therapist will be a big help to you in sorting this through. One thing you do have to remember though, is as much as you want to please you need to make sure you are taking care of yourself. And please tell me what is wrong with being a Star Wars and Lord of the Rings nerd??? I have all Star Wars dvds/blue rays (saw Force Awakens 7 times and Rogue 1 three times), and as far as the Lord of the Rings goes I have Hard Bound Copies, Unabridged Audio copies, iBook and the extended dvd versions of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit and watch and or listen to and/or read these (or read sections depending on my mood) at least once (and probably several times) a year! And you forgot about fitting in with an exceptional group of international stitchers!

Keep us up to date on how you are. I do believe that it will get easier and remember that this job is a stepping stone for you and you will make it to the next step up.

Carole
:wub:

I am trying to take care of myself, but now with the disability being cut in half I need to work like a maniac to pay all my bills. There is nothing I can do about the younger girls. They are the generation after me and apart of the me and me only generations. I am the hardest worker among the servers and I am the favorite because of that and I am not going to stop being because my parents raised me to have a strong work ethic. I am not sorry or going to apologize for it.

There is nothing wrong with the fandoms I am a severe nerd in..I just wish those were not the only 2 I could be myself and people not care. I have an afinity with Gollum as I totally get him as I've been there done that at various times in my life before my current mental health doctor found the right combo and dosage of medications to get me on an even keel and too feel like the average person. Compared to 6 -10 years ago I am stable and completely normal feeling...but I still have to see my therapist every week.....I've always been called a freak, treated as one, as a threat, etc. So I always wish i can find places where i am always accepted. Currently I have ya'll, and a couple groups on FB. I also have my very best BFF who's boyfriend is as messed up as me who gets me from the inside out
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN