Something personal but very exciting for me

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

istitchwithlove

Re: Something personal but very exciting for me

Post by istitchwithlove »

Inkysloth wrote:Well done!

Even if you don't get more hours, just keeping some, and doing regular work is brilliant news. I had depression from my teens to mid-twenties, and still have anxiety disorder, so I know the effort that goes into getting out of the house and working regularly. Keep updating us!

Best wishes

Meh.. Only days I have off this up coming week are tuesday and Sunday cause Sunday is Christmas.. and till Friday odds are i'll be on my own. My mental health doc is in for a shock tomorrow when I come to my appt. wearing my work shirt.. He's at 3 pm but he's never on time and Pathways is about 15 mins out in hollywood with little to no traffic.. so coming home it's going to be a wee bit crazy cause the base is letting out at that time..but mom's got a lead foot and I told my boss i might be 10-15 minutes late
Current Projects
Ink Circles Celtic Quilts: Kentucky Chain
NEN Peacock Band Sampler
Soggy Toad Creations A Tale of Two Dolphins

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

karen4bells wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job!!!
I am trying too but like tonight i am just over it. So tired and i was 5 mins from leaving with all my cleaning done when 3 tables walked in
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: You are really doing well and sounds like you are managing the slow times and the busy times well! Getting back into the world of working isn't easy, and you are doing a good job of it!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
istitchwithlove

rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: You are really doing well and sounds like you are managing the slow times and the busy times well! Getting back into the world of working isn't easy, and you are doing a good job of it!

Carole
I'm trying I had a 20 person party come in last night and I was 5 minutes from leaving when 3 tables came in at once so i was a bit frazzled but all my cleaning was done and I just had to wipe down the tables and finish mopping the main walk way
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

WOW that is huge progress coping with a big group and then some late comers. Well Done. You are doing a magnificent job.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
istitchwithlove

Squirrel wrote:WOW that is huge progress coping with a big group and then some late comers. Well Done. You are doing a magnificent job.

I seem to be a magnet for huge birthday parties when i'm manning the dining room by myself...It's just my luck
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Ah, but they probably tip well! :king: When Younger Son was working in catering, he used to bring back more in tips than in wages some weeks over Christmas.
istitchwithlove

Serinde wrote:Ah, but they probably tip well! :king: When Younger Son was working in catering, he used to bring back more in tips than in wages some weeks over Christmas.
Some do some do not. My tips go towards paying my student loan payments and my checks go into savings for a car, but thankfully work is only maybe a mile away but I always work 4 to close so my parents take me back and forth.
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

So glad you are able to keep up now things have become busier. good on you. What a great start for the New Year, knowing you can cope & actually enjoy the work. Well done for getting motivated & getting this job - you are doing so well everyone must be pleased with what you've achieved. And you must be pleased to have come so far too. & that helps your confidence no end :applesauce: :applesauce:
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
istitchwithlove

kingfisher68 wrote:So glad you are able to keep up now things have become busier. good on you. What a great start for the New Year, knowing you can cope & actually enjoy the work. Well done for getting motivated & getting this job - you are doing so well everyone must be pleased with what you've achieved. And you must be pleased to have come so far too. & that helps your confidence no end :applesauce: :applesauce:

I am trying to keep up. I got called in last night on my only day off this week..but it's ok. My parents and family are proud I am still working given all of my disabilities
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

I'm very proud of you for all of your hard work!
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well done, ISWL! :whoop: :whoop:
istitchwithlove

Thanks I keep meaning to update ya'all but my brain went into holiday hibernation. To night was super slow after paying for my dinner came home with 5 bucks n change. My parents have been gone since the 27th so I have been walking to work and sometimes walk and sometimes grab a ride home.. took the cab twice once today and once last night after my boss dropped me at the local chinese american buffet cause my sugar was tanking and i needed to eat something I didn't have to wait on to be fixed...my high protein shake and bar I ate before my party of 25 came in was gone from my system an hour before i finally got off..so my blood sugar was falling faster than a runaway elevator. after eating a plate of chinese and american and a bowl of mashed taters and gravy i felt better and call a cab as it was pitch black and you do not want to be walking out at night in the park especially with 60 bucks on you. When i got home i took my sugar and it was only 90 after eating all those carbs....

Mom and dad are still gone till Saturday evening but the rest of the days I work either coming or going I will need a cab and or one of my coworkers to be nice. It rained all day will be raining all day tomorrow so cab to work and my boss will get me home, friday is clear in the morning but mid to late afternoon a combo of rain and snow so cab home and sat it's supposed to be snow showers all day so cab to work and my parents by reasonable standards should be home before 9.30 10 o clock when I get off.

while mom and dad are gone I get to keep my tips which normally are saved to pay on my student loans... My tips goes towards student loan payments and my pay check goes into savings to save for a car and after i get my card my checks will go towards car ins., gas, and maintenance of the car. My other bills are paid out of my disability check... I have used some of my tips to grab some dinner, grabbed mom some bday gifts and chocolate plus meds at CVS, and put money in my bank account to help pay off my yarn hank splurge in DEC.....

But the rest of the tips are going into an envelope named "Mom's Bday Fund"...It now has 74.00 usd in it and on friday when i go to cash my check I am taking 36.00 out of it to replace the money i took from the fund for 4 cab rides... I told mom this and she said fine.... But I decided I am going to save my tips and take mom anywhere she wants to eat for lunch and with what is left we will go to joann's and I am gonna take her shopping.

Cause you see i have encountered a devastating consequence of working at least for now...I do not have the energy nor much time to craft.... :oops: so I am putting myself on a stash diet for at least the years unless i am working on a project and need something critical to finishing it... like my NEN Peacock Mandala...i need to order another thread pack for it cause i used 2 threads instead of 1...LOL. So Since my crafting time has been cut like 75% and I am so way out of room in my small 10x11 room and mom wont let me store my stuff else where...there is no point in spending every single cent i have free on adding to my horde.....even tho there is this yarn dyer that just relaunched her etsy shop and i so want 12 of her dyed rovings spun into sock yarn for me...but i can't justify that much money when i have no room or time...And there is really nothing i need and i'd rather treat my mom who had done so much for me when by all rights she should have throttled and killed me before i reached age 18...yes i was THAT horrible growing up and she raised me alone cause dad was busy with the navy and she also had my brother to raise too...and lord knows with my trying to get my sugar under control and lose some of 77 pounds I am over weight.. i don't need to use the money to stuff my face..LOL.. so it is better spent doing something nice for my mom.

She hates me spending money on her but I have worked my butt off earning these tips and i told her what I am planning. We spend everything in the envelope and once it's gone we come home...
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

fccs

Post by fccs »

It's good to hear from you, and it sounds like you've got a good plan for managing your new income. Keep up the good work...and stitch when you can. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Glad you are doing well & getting things sorted how you want them. Look forward to hearing more of your progress throughout 2017. Keep u[ the good work you have achieved so far :applesauce: :D
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It is very good to hear from you and to find out that your "absence" is due to being so busy with working. I think your saving for your Mom's birthday is wonderfully unselfish. Understandable as to why you don't have time to stitch or crochet or work on other projects right now. But please check in whenever you can and let us know how you are doing.

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
istitchwithlove

fccs wrote:It's good to hear from you, and it sounds like you've got a good plan for managing your new income. Keep up the good work...and stitch when you can. :-)

I've been working like a maniac..I have worked non stop since the 16th of December except for Christmas day and New years eve...I get tomorrow and Thursday off so yes I will be crafting
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

kingfisher68 wrote:Glad you are doing well & getting things sorted how you want them. Look forward to hearing more of your progress throughout 2017. Keep u[ the good work you have achieved so far :applesauce: :D
I am trying to do the best I can. My boss is happy with my performance as well and I am building a good rep for being reliable and a good rapport with everyone and my father has talked to me more and taken more of an interest in my life since I was 4 and he'd wake me up at 4 am to go fishing..he takes me to work on the weekends and if he gets home from work on the weekdays..and he helps keep my head on straight
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

rcperryls wrote:It is very good to hear from you and to find out that your "absence" is due to being so busy with working. I think your saving for your Mom's birthday is wonderfully unselfish. Understandable as to why you don't have time to stitch or crochet or work on other projects right now. But please check in whenever you can and let us know how you are doing.

Carole

Thanks Carole I will try to be better about checking in with you wonderfully supportive people. Mom's birthday is the 11 and for the first time in 6 years she wont be in Iowa for it so we can have fun celebrating on her birthday. Yes I have been working like a maniac like crazy and have only had 2 days off since the 16th of December..but that is going to change tomorrow and Thursday as I will have those days off unless I get called in..LOL
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

Well I survived winter storm Helena and work actually closed so i spent the entire day shoveling the drive way 4 times so my parents returning from vaca would have a clean driveway to drive into...work is going good i am still working like a maniac as well and i have 2 days off this week with Weds I am taking mom out for her 53rd birthday. I saved my tips and my check for 11 days after i put some in the bank to help pay off my CC, ate out 6 times and went on a chirstmas candy spree at cvs when i got my meds as well as two gifts for mom..I managed to save 219.00. So we are going to Olive Garden for lunch and then the craft store
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN