how to remove print on a pre printed cross stitch pattern

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

toymakerdi

how to remove print on a pre printed cross stitch pattern

Post by toymakerdi »

Hi to all on the forum
i have just got a cross stitch kit with a pre printed aida material
could any one advice me how to get rid of the print after the sewing is finished
as you can see it (ie square grid lines)
the kit came from china and all info is in Chinese
Hope you can help
regards di
rcperryls

Re: how to remove print on a pre printed cross stitch patter

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum! I wasn't clear if it is only the grid lines that are printed on your fabric or if the design was printed also. Grid lines usually wash out. At least the ones that come on DMC Magic guide fabric are supposed to. I draw my own grid lines with washable ink pen and they do wash out, often fade away before I'm finished. If there is a small corner that wouldn't be a problem if it were washed out I'm sure you could test it. If you want all of it washed away, then I would rinse it in cold water and see what happens.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
toymakerdi

how too remove print on a pre printed cross stitch pattern

Post by toymakerdi »

:D hi carole
thanks for the fast reply
i do loads of cross stitch and this is the first one i have done with all the design colours
and grid line on and was just wondering how to remove the seen print when all the sewing is finished
Regards di
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Welcome to the forum. :)

I agree with Carole. I'd try soaking it in cool or tepid water with no soap first. I've never done a kit, but it sounds like it's stamped cross-stitch rather than a counted cross stitch.

WIP
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have seen the printed fabric in my cross stitch group and the information that they had translated said that once the stitching is done, then you wash the project and all of the dye is suppose to wash out. One lady said that when she washed it the first time it left a bit of a pinkish tint on the fabric but she washed it again right away before she let it dry and after the second wash in hotter water all of the dye came out. I think it was also from China but I am not completely sure.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
toymakerdi

Post by toymakerdi »

:lol: hi to all
thanks for all your help i will let you all know the out come
when the project is finished
thanks once again di
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Hi Di, do let us know when you ve washed it out. And a picture!!

I've learnt something new everyday, I had no idea the dye on printed cross stitches wash out! Is this also true of needlepoint stamped canvas?

I e got a kit that has a design on the fabric, but it's part of the design, now I'm worried about washing it afterwards!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
popy

Post by popy »

Hi
I have just had a Chinese cross stitch that was pre printed. Not only was the picture printed but also the lines going down and across. As l am used to doing counted cross stitch l decided to bite the bullet and wash the fabric. I used a mild hand wash liquid detergent in tepid water. The printing came off almost straight away and did not discolour the fabric. I did not want to spend time stitching it and then washing it, in case the thread ran.
So to wash the print out use hand liquid detergent in tepid water, rinse well. Dry by putting on a large towel and press firmly then dry flat.
Hope this helps.