One big happy family!!!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Denise

One big happy family!!!!

Post by Denise »

I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself as I have a bad head cold at the beginning of May and I comes onto the forum to cheer myself up by reading posts everyone has done and starting thinking.....(dangerous habit, I know)...Isn't it amazing how one simple hobby like cross-stitching can bring together so many different races, religions and cultures together with no questions asked. We all get on like a big happy family, caring, helpful and there if we need someone....If only the worlds problems weren't that easy to fix..anyway i'm finished my rambling now

speak to all soon

Denise
xx

ps. I'll go and feel sorry for myself again :oops:
Last edited by Denise on Tue May 02, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

*joins in on the rambeling* lol!

Yup... I really enjoy my time here... to me this forum, PF (a game I play), NA (another forum), PFUC (another forum) is my little escape time! Everytime I have a ciggy I'll go here, and just look around!

I love the fact that this forum is very international (and not so much with you and me Denise, we're pratically neighbours!), with people of all ages and different nationalities!

I'll join you on the cold though... unfortunately for us both! Headache and fever... nothing a bit of chocolate can't fix (and maybe some painkillers).
Denise

Post by Denise »

unfortunately for the last 3 days the painkillers or the cold and flu capsules i've been taking haven't been helping....I'll just have to suffer and let it run it's course

:cry:

Denise
xx
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

I hoipe you all feel better really soon.

I have to say when i need to do something on the computer, I often find myself popping in here first. And on days when its been a few days since i last logged on, I find many posts to read, and often dont get around to doing what i intended to do originally!!!
Rose

Post by Rose »

I will agree with the idea that it is so nice to come on and know every one is going to be nice and helpful no matter what you need. I love it I would say it is even better then family. Always an up beat place to come.
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

Yeah, it's true. I couldn't find a place in the global Internet to share my thoughts and ideas, because I can't chat with ease, I need time to think in English and print words and I don't understand teenagers talks (though I'm 27 and don't think that totally grown-up :wink:). And at the forum I found people who feel with my interests or problems not depending of the age or nationality. I also found a new friend from Costa Rica and sometimes my head is swimming when I imagine how far she lives from Russia. :)

Denise and StitchingAgain get well soon!
A word is dead when it is said, some say.
I say it just begins to live that day.
Dickinson E.
Denise

Post by Denise »

Thanks, i went back to work today and have to say that i'm feeling alot better. I'm still all blocked up but the headaches are starting to ease....

Denise
xx
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

I totally agree with everyone. After checking my mail and log right on to this forum. A;; i can say is Thank God that i got my internet back as i have been having problems and have not been able to log on for a week and boy is there ever alot to catch up on. Do you think that cold found its way to Canada as i have had the sniffles the past couple of days :cry:

Hope Denise and Stitching Again are feeling better

Debbie
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hope the cold and headaches are better know. I know what you mean Denise. Have missed the site recently what with moving and getting the house sorted out but almost there.
Sungirl

Post by Sungirl »

The best thing about the forum is not having to explain your obsession to anyone!!! We all understand that the supper can get burnt slightly if it means finishing a section on your WIP.

And the very best thing for me is not having to answer a question I have been asked a couple of times -- "But do you think it's art?"

Stupid ignoramus, of course it's art, and don't you dare compare it to paint-by-number. :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

"But do you think it's art?"
Ye gods. Gandhi said that the thread that women spin is one of the three threads that holds the world together.
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

Serinde wrote: Ye gods. Gandhi said that the thread that women spin is one of the three threads that holds the world together.
I wonder what the other two threads are? It's interesting because I think he told about threads in a figurative sense. First thread is a woman. What are the next two?

Once a person asked Dalai Lama: "What will safe the World?" He answered: "a mother". Maybe Gandhi developed the idea?

Depending our hobby... Well, it seemes to be a waste of time and money till the moment you fell satisfaction gathering inlaid pieces and see the result. I believe that having the same chart we still find the way to fulfill ourselves and this individuality makes our works a little bit more a work of art then just handycraft.
A word is dead when it is said, some say.
I say it just begins to live that day.
Dickinson E.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I wonder what the other two threads are
I don't remember the direct quotation but apparently Gandhi said that the world is supported by three threads: the thin green thread that is a shoot of grain, the thin thread that is a milk from an udder and the third thread is the one that a woman spins. So, the basics of life.