Cottages?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

sapphire

Cottages?

Post by sapphire »

Think I remember some of you like cottages, am I right? Have decided to get out Periwinkle Cottage to do. Had a lovely day out yesterday, when we got back decided to get on with x st again.

Not doing Wisteria Cottage (binned it) as sadly grt aunt passed away in her sleep a few weeks ago. 2nd relative to pass away in recent weeks. So I have got the Periwinkle kit out, other one is Twilight Cottage both Anchor & from grt aunt's old stash, you may remember she gifted handicrafts to me before she went into Nursing Home. My own is Butterfly Cottage by Craft Collection - had that a few years. All 3 should look good when done, whenever that is.

Weather still humid & stormy, very high winds Weds night/Thurs morning. I/net still has a mind of its own but at least we are online again :D Must learn to be patient with it. After all I wanted to be rural instead of urban :lol:
Maddie :)
wendywombat

Re: Cottages?

Post by wendywombat »

Sorry to hear of your loss, but your Gt Aunt died peacefully it seems.

I love cottages and I've got a whole street of them waiting to be stitched...it's just finding the time PLUS of course I have my Wrendale Puffin to do!! :wink: :wink:
I got it out to look at the other day and was told Quite Firmly that HER NAME IS PAMELA!! @rotfl: Fancy me not realising and naming her Percy!! :roll:
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Thanks Wendy. How lovely you have several cottages to x stitch. When you are choosing from stash it's a case of doing what appeals ot you most at that moment in time isn't it. Had to laugh - fancy you not knowing the puffins name was Pamela !! @rotfl: How can you tell boy puffins form girls puffins? Is it to do with banding on their beaks.

You've reminded me of something - several years ago went to Drs & while waiting to see him 2 children were looking at the fish in the fish tank. One fish was slightly larger than the other. Older child pointed at each fish said 'That's the Daddy & that's the Mummy' His smaller sister who must have been about 3, going on 30, said quite matter of fact 'That's NOT the Mummy fish, she hasn't got a necklace on'!! Everyone in the waiting room heard & we all had to smother our laughter!

Look forward to seeing your puffin. I am sure Pamela will look great. Will you have to stitch 2 of these so you do get a Percy as well as Pamela? :D
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

I love cottages too, think they're fablous with their lovely bright gardens. Have several in stash. Seeing this has given me motivation to get going again. I started Periwinkle Cottage but family life took over & it got put to one side. Must get it out again. Don't think I've done much- hoped Aida has not become crumpled. Also I know I did the same with Elegance of the Orient, a Dimensions kit. Done a bit & it got put away before last Xmas as I was busy doing other things.

Got afternoon free so must sort out something to start on, been neglecting my stitch craft too long. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Del
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Oh Maddie, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:
I love cottages as well, especially stitched ones.
Last edited by sina28 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sina
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope stitching in general and your cottages give you comfort. I'm looking forward to seeing them. We don't really have cottages here.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Thank you all.

Sorting out kit - as I put on other topic I part grid, do middle line in separate colour to rest of gridding. Sorted threads this afternoon - will do some gridding tonight.

Our shelved plans are on the go again & friends coming for a week. Hope to get some stitching done as my friend likes knitting. Our DHs sit & nod off wile we keep busy ha ha.

Will show you some next week before we go off for a few days to our friends.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am also sorry to hear of your loss, Maddie. Stitching the kits your great aunt gave you will be a lovely way to remember her Look forward to seeing your progress pics

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
poppy

Post by poppy »

So sorry about your loss, Maddie :hug:

Looking forward to your cottage's "Stitch Along" pictures :D
It sounds like you have a busy but nice time ahead with your friends.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell