For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

flosaxby

Re: Avatar name?

Post by flosaxby »

Albert sounds like he was an awesome cat! You should write a book like Chris Pascoe did about his cat called Birmingham. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat-Called-Birm ... 0340836075).

My username is just my name.

Flo is a nickname that came from my little brother not being able to pronounce my name properly. My given name is Fiona but he would always call me FLONA then eventually everyone just started calling me Flo (apart from my mother!)

Saxby is my married name.

I'm sure I'm very easy to cyber stalk as I use the same username on other forums but I'm not that bothered.

It's lovely getting to know how people chose their usernames!
sarclanat56

Post by sarclanat56 »

My Forum name is made up of the first 3 letters of my 3 childrens christian names and the numbers are the year i was born.
Anna114

Post by Anna114 »

My name and my shield number (also my old precinct) ... I use it for a lot of things

Anna

Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat. Joanne Woodward
JeanFarish

Post by JeanFarish »

My avatar image is close up of a border in "The Hare and the Basket" sampler I designed. My avatar name is just me!
Jean

"The work of the hands brings forth the spirit of the heart."
http://www.jeanfarishneedleworks.com" target="_blank
seedreemer

Post by seedreemer »

Seedreemer: Dreamer of the Sea. I love the ocean. :D

Christy
imogenX

Post by imogenX »

Ender comes from Ender's Game, one of my favorite books (please do NOT see the movie - I couldn't even finish it). Honestly, I don't know why I chose "princess," as I'm not very girly, not at all traditional, and not a fan of damsel-in-distress stories! :lol: I think my goal was to indicate my gender and my interest in medieval times, since both contrast with Ender's world.

My avatar is me after having my hair done around 2 years ago. Now it's cut short, but definitely still bright red.
-Imogen

Current WIPs
HAED SK Some Enchanted Evening
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
Animal Alphabet SAL (Anna Gutova for Artmishka)
Modern Folk Embroidery SAL 2021
Wonders of the Solar System SAL (Climbing Goat Designs)
Gnomes (Designs by Gloria & Pat)
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

flosaxby wrote:Albert sounds like he was an awesome cat! You should write a book like Chris Pascoe did about his cat called Birmingham. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat-Called-Birm ... 0340836075).
I am slow. I've just noticed this, followed the link and ended up laughing at the preview section. Both this & the sequel are now on their way to me. Thank you so much for showing me these books.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
tausigma

Post by tausigma »

I love some the avatars stories. So creative and clever.

I have no imagination so I'm borrowing letters from the Greek alphabet. Whatever is still available in the different forums :D
Strawberry Fields

Post by Strawberry Fields »

Well I'm a big Beatles fan, and Strawberry Fields happens to be one of my favorite songs.
QueenOfHearts

Post by QueenOfHearts »

my blogtitle is Queen of Hearts cause in everything I make, I make with love... so I'm basicly creating hearts.

and yes, I had wayyy to much free time on my hands when I made that up :lol:
my new & half empty blog: http://creating-hearts.blogspot.nl/" target="_blank
freelady

Post by freelady »

I chose freelady when I retired and started using MySpace and FaceBook because I was now free to spend time as I pleased. One man contacted me on MySpace who thought I was a Free Lady in another sense! Now I use freelady for most things.
Talinellana

Post by Talinellana »

Talinellana was the name of one of my characters in a game called World of Warcraft (Shadow Priest for any who know what that means), I like long names that shorten nicely, so in game I was Tal or Lana. I use Talinellana for most usernames now because I can guarantee that it's always going to be free for me to use, who else is going to come up with a name like Talinellana :lol:

My real name is Denise (Deni for short) :wave:

My avatar is the photo cross stitch I did for my Mum for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's of her two chihuahua's, one of whom passed away the year I was stitching it so we both had a bit of a cry when I gave it to her, it's hung on her wall now and makes me feel proud every time I pass it, it was my first major cross stitch.
Deni

WIP
(Adopted) Secret Santa
HAED Mini Autumns Promise
Dimensions Butterfly Forest

Up Coming
Twisted Band Sampler
monic39

Post by monic39 »

My name is also not very interesting. It is the part of my name (Monica) and the age that I want to stay (I am actually past 39) The age 40 don't suit me very well hahaha
Russophile

Post by Russophile »

Google mine. Dictionary definition is what I am (amongst other things, of course).
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

Talinellana wrote:Talinellana was the name of one of my characters in a game called World of Warcraft (Shadow Priest for any who know what that means), I like long names that shorten nicely, so in game I was Tal or Lana. I use Talinellana for most usernames now because I can guarantee that it's always going to be free for me to use, who else is going to come up with a name like Talinellana :lol:

My real name is Denise (Deni for short) :wave:

My avatar is the photo cross stitch I did for my Mum for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's of her two chihuahua's, one of whom passed away the year I was stitching it so we both had a bit of a cry when I gave it to her, it's hung on her wall now and makes me feel proud every time I pass it, it was my first major cross stitch.
My screen name Brekkana was my main, Warlock, on WoW! :) My FB is actually Brekkana Kul Tiras (Kul Tiras the realm I played on). Anytime you see Brekkana, that's me :) (Horrible secret, haven't played WoW for over 5 years now! Super sad!)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

My usual user name was already taken.

So, I decided to go with one of my loves. Stephen Kings character Roland from Dark Tower. And the 19's.....well, if you are a King fan or have read Dark Tower, you get it. And if not, it just cannot be explained.
fccs

Post by fccs »

19Roland19 wrote:My usual user name was already taken.

So, I decided to go with one of my loves. Stephen Kings character Roland from Dark Tower. And the 19's.....well, if you are a King fan or have read Dark Tower, you get it. And if not, it just cannot be explained.
The series is on my to-do reading list, so eventually I'll understand. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

fccs wrote:
19Roland19 wrote:Stephen Kings character Roland from Dark Tower. And the 19's.....well, if you are a King fan or have read Dark Tower, you get it. And if not, it just cannot be explained.
The series is on my to-do reading list, so eventually I'll understand. :-)
You should, it's great! If we'd had a son we were going to name him Roland, partly for that series' main character and partly for family reasons.

My nick is pretty obvious, my full name is Tiffany and I like the juxtaposition of Tiffany and cross stitch to become Tiffstitch. My avatar is my basset who passed almost one year ago. I took the photo and it's one of the best photos I've ever taken of him. It's a few years old now, but now that he's gone I won't be changing it.
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

I finally managed to get an avatar picture up. It's not what I wanted....but the one I wanted looked really bad when shrunk enough.
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

I'm the eldest of a family of 4. 2 pre war and 2 post war. Lillybit was the best my sister (6 years younger than me) could do with my name, Elizabeth, and it has stuck. Being short on imagination it was the first to come to mind when I needed an on line name.