For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

jocellogirl

Re: Avatar name?

Post by jocellogirl »

meganh wrote:
jocellogirl wrote:
cristaltipps wrote:
I don't have an actual avatar as i have never worked out how to do that :(

I used to love Cristal Tipps and Alistair when I was little :wub: I love the idea of purple hair (my favourite colour) but don't think I'd be brave enough!
Love this....My hair is purple as we speak :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: (last year it was fuscia)
Wowzers!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Good on you meganh :applesauce: :applesauce:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I'm SO glad I started this thread! Jocellogirl, I've never read your name as Jo cello girl... Just as jocello if as it was a name!!

I'm glad that Destructiveernie is now explained....

Oh and my avatar picture is a cross stitch I did of my beloved fav racehorse Kauto Star with his mate and great rival Denman.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
meganh

Post by meganh »

jocellogirl wrote:
meganh wrote:
jocellogirl wrote:[quote="cristaltipps

I used to love Cristal Tipps and Alistair when I was little :wub: I love the idea of purple hair (my favourite colour) but don't think I'd be brave enough!
Love this....My hair is purple as we speak :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: (last year it was fuscia)
Wowzers!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Good on you meganh :applesauce: :applesauce:
Ok in the interest of fun...(and truth in advertising) here's me with my purple hair...and some really good banana pudding :D :D

Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

Mine is very boring. It's the start of one of my email accounts. And as there were so many MaggieM's I needed to add some random numbers. That's it, no fun story.

My avatar was taken at a friend's Halloween party. In the full pic, I am holding onto an infant. Well, that kid just turned 6. It's what I uploaded when I joined the forum and have just never changed.
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Maggie, I like that pic of you, so friendly.

Megan. That hair is fantastic. Weirdly I saw an older lady in the dentists yesterday who had grey hair and the front and sides were purple and red. It was fantastic!

Nxxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Love the hair colour Megan :wub:
That's exactly the shade I'd go for if I was adventurous enough :lol:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
cristaltipps

Post by cristaltipps »

Jo you are a star thank you :) it was so simple once you told me how to do it lol

Megan I love your pic and the colour its so vibrant :)

Destructiveernie I had always misread as Destructive Vernie and assumed it was your name and you were accident prone or something lol glad to know it is not so
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Allyn wrote:
LOL Remember AIM? Yes, I remember AIM. When I was in middle school, there was no Internet yet. How many remember that?
Me me!!! I am younger than you, but my parents were the first adopters of it in 1994 (i was in elementary school). I was the only one in town who had it for a couple years. :)
calico

Post by calico »

When I first came up with my online name, I wasn't into cross stitching but heavily into quilting. I chose my name based on my favorite quilting fabric.....Calico- meaning cotton fabric with an all-over, small floral print. (Think vintage flour sacks).

Some might think of cats when they see the word Calico, however I don't like cats at all due to fact that I'm highly allergic to them. :lol:
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
Hugglebunny

Post by Hugglebunny »

My avatar name is hugglebunny because when my DH and I first started dating its what he would call me. It just kinda stuck :P
huggle bunny xxx

WIP
JCA Elsa Williams The Beaded Marriage Sampler
coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

I love penguins. Coolpenguin became my online name everywhere a long time ago. It used to be my email address but I no longer use that address. (It still exists for my Flickr photo account.)

I've never been able to get a photo the right size for an avatar so I just have the stock photo.
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
kimkat_tkl

Post by kimkat_tkl »

kimkat_tkl represents my family and then me. kimkat is the intials of my parents and siblings: Kym, Ian, Mal, Kylie, Amy and Tracy and is used as part of the family email address, and the tkl is my initials.
backafteradozenyrs

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

When I joined I tried to count up how long it had been since I last cross stitched....and realized that it came out to about a dozen years. My picture is of our cat Zoe.

edited to add: my counting is still a bit imprecise at times :tizzy: ....which leads to many :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog: which causes me to put my cross stitch down & not even sign on here but just LURK and enjoy all y'alls success'!
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
Angel

Post by Angel »

Mines pretty simple. My name is Angel, and my avatar is me on my wedding day lol
I used to have a different username (Jayms fallen angel) but when Jayms and I broke up I needed to change it. Well I hadn't come up with my new username yet (which is Amo_Angelus everywhere else) so the good people of this site suggested I just shorten it to Angel :P Never really saw any need to bother anyone to change it a second time, and since I think I was the only active Angel on this site at the time it just works.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

richardandtracy.
Well, I'm Richard and my wife is Tracy. We are rather fond of each other.

The avatar, though is of my first experience of a cat. He was called 'Teddy Albert Winston', or 'Albert' for short. He was the archetypal feline thug. He wandered into Tracy's life 5 weeks before I did, as a stray. He was unable to look after himself when she took him in, but he showed his metal later.
He attacked our neighbour's Doberman/Alsatian cross for fun. He was boss cat. If it was canine or feline, he wanted to fight it or rape it (He never lost that we saw). After Tracy had him snipped, the second option was unavailable and he wasn't happy...
However, he was frightened of birds, frogs, mice, fish and guinea pigs, all of which he encountered in our garden. He was also frightened of heights and the only thing he could hunt was a defrosting chicken in next-door's kitchen, or a barbeque sausage. One day he came back with a rack of lamb that was so hot he had to put it down every 5 yards. We never asked whose it was...
He ignored our pond, and when he sat with his back to it, his tail went onto the water, so when he stood up, it flicked water over him, and he ran away from whoever was throwing water at him... Another time a fish sucked on the end of his tail, and he teleported straight to our bedroom, not leaving the house for 3 days.

He died at age 19-21 (based on the vet's age estimate) on 28 March 2004. We'd had him 14 years.

Still miss him.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
nicki3us

Post by nicki3us »

My nickname by my family is Nicki and in my immediate family there is 3 of us. So I came up with nicki3us!! My avatar will be a pic of my favorite day lilies (if i can pick from all that we have!) as soon as i can figure how to do my avatar!!
fccs

Post by fccs »

richardandtracy wrote:richardandtracy.
Well, I'm Richard and my wife is Tracy. We are rather fond of each other.
@rotfl: @rotfl:

Richard
richardandtracy wrote: He wandered into Tracy's life 5 weeks before I did, as a stray.
I assume Albert was the stray, not you. :-) Thanks for sharing the stories of him...he sounds like a real prize and I can see what he's still missed.
nicki3us wrote:My nickname by my family is Nicki and in my immediate family there is 3 of us. So I came up with nicki3us!
It's fun to read how we all got our user names and avatars.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
skitzzzzz

Post by skitzzzzz »

well mine is simple really
when my children were younger if they had a tantrum I used to call it a skitzzzzz and get down and tantrum with them and it stuck lol
W.I.P
Still Life with Roses GK
Frost GK

http://www.facebook.com/skitzzzzz" target="_blank" target="_blank
cindywindy

Post by cindywindy »

skitzzzzz wrote:well mine is simple really
when my children were younger if they had a tantrum I used to call it a skitzzzzz and get down and tantrum with them and it stuck lol

That's hilarious! How did they react when you "skitzzzzzed" with them?

As for my name, I was lazy and cindy windy rhymed.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

fccs wrote: I assume Albert was the stray, not you. :-)
That's a bit debateable. He was certainly a stray, & I could have been classified as such. :lol:
fccs wrote:Thanks for sharing the stories of him...he sounds like a real prize and I can see what he's still missed..
Albert was a one-off. None of our other cats have shown quite the same character, or been such a source of stories. One of our current Maine Coons chases tinsel balls, and drops them at our feet for them to be thrown again and again for up to 20 minutes. Now, that is cute & adorable, but it's not the same scale as Albert swiping at another cat, missing and hitting a fence post so hard he split his claw and drove the finger bone out through the split claw... Or pushing a Doberman off its own food in our neighbour's kitchen, and then wandering through their living room while they were watching TV and out through the cat flap having finished the dog's food. Or sitting in the middle of the lawn swearing at the world because it's raining and he's getting wet.
Sorry, I'll shut up now. If you're interested, I have a page on our cats on my website:http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk/misc/cats.html, and there is a fairly long page of stories about Albert there.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation