For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Re: Avatar name?

by Little Wicken » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi,

This is the first forum I joined and I wanted to have a name that I will really like. I am Hungarian by birth although living in the South East of England for a while now and at home the old (I guess pagan) tradition lists the 13th of December as the night of the witches and as I was born on that day (rather night for my poor mum) I thought it fitting. Also, my dad always thought me a little witch when I was little. Wicken is a more pagan word then a witch so I chose that one. And as I like manga girls, the picture was a given :)
Little Wicken

WIPs
Emerald from Scarlet Quince
Gothic Girl from HAED

by salome » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:03 am

Oh I love "behind the name" stories! :dance:

Anyone familiar with the story of John the Baptist should recognize my name. She's a bit of a mystery to me (did she dance willingly? was she coerced? did she feel guilt after?), especially after hearing U2's song Salome many moons ago.

by swissette » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:05 am

This is a great topic!

Over the years I've gone by many 'names', thanks to online gaming I've had some fun ones but that's another story.

swissette simply is swiss+girl, as I'm from Switzerland and obviously a girl :D It's become part of my alias and online identity for my design work.. I didn't want my business to use my real name so I came up with this and have stuck with it!

by Purple Patsy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Mine isn't very exciting....

Patsy cos it's what my dad used to call me due to my being born on St Paddy's day.

And Purple cos it's my favourite colour and it goes well with Patsy. This is how i'm known on loads od forums. :D

Everyone else's names are fascinating to fing the reason for. :D
WIPs

Starry Night with TARDIS (Thanks Skitzzzz) started 12 Aug 2016
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

UFO's

Too many to list

by sarclanat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:54 am

My name is a combination of the names i gave my 3 children sar=sarahyjayne cla= claire and nat=nathan, all put together for sarclanat

by kingfisher68 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:47 am

Fav bird + my age
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages

by isaacson72 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Nothing interesting... it's just my last name plus the year I was born. It's the first part of my email & easy to remember. I sometimes use hikerchick for a user name on some sites, because I love to hike, but I don't use that much anymore.

My avatar is also pretty boring... just me on a snowshoeing trip in 2013. Actually it is kinda funny - my friend took the photo after we had split about a flask of apricot brandy (you know, to warm up! It was really cold!), and she was taking "glamour shots" of me. That one happened to turn out, we got a good laugh over it. :)

Michelle
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids

by Mabel Figworthy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 pm

If only we could smell the picture :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Jacobean goldwork, Old & New
Designing
Various goldwork projects, putting the final touches on Tree of Life

Flights of Fancy (blog)

by Petrovna » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:17 pm

I haven't chosen my avatar picture yet.
Nickname "Petrovna"means that my father's name was Peter (Petr in Russian). In Rissian we have "otchestvo". It's made from a father's name and a suffix. Most common are "-ovna"for women and "-ovich" for men. It isn't the same as middle name in other languages but has something in common. Maybe it's called "patronymic".

by Piggy Browne » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:08 pm

I find choosing names and pictures a bit tricky. I'm Piggy Browne because my husband started calling me Piggy almost from our first date and I have no idea why and Browne is my surname. Finding the right picture I find more challenging as I feel it's somehow more defining of my personality, or perhaps I'm just over thinking it a bit :thinks:

by MrsMoV » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:12 am

My name is my husbands first name MoV (which has its own story) and I'm his missus.
MrsMoV

Xx
WIP - Dachshund
WIP - HAED The Zodiac 1.
UFO - Dimensions Eagles Eye View

by Podolyanka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:55 pm

My name means "a woman from Podillya"- the height in Western Ukraine.

Previous