Soft Hands

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Soft Hands

Post by Rose »

I was wondering what you ladies use to keep your hands soft I have tried a number of different products but none of them seem to help the way they claim they will. I have tried Udder cream and it doesn't last on my hands for very long. Also tried Aveeno it is another one that doesn't want to last. I tried one from a soap store and it was way to greasy and alot of the others seem to leave a film that makes it hard to grasp the needle. The udder cream is getting harder to find in the stores around here. Do any of you have one that you have found does the trick. Because of my REAL job my hand get very dry and then they tend to snag the thread and it sometimes can be a problem.
catkin

Post by catkin »

I use Neutrogena or Eucerin both I find effective. One tip is to put on a good coating of cream just before bed and put on cotton gloves or socks. The cream really soaks in and you should feel the difference in the morning.
Joan
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

There's a great cream by Crabtree and Evelyn which is really for gardeners and it contains granules which act as an exfoliant. It really does the trick without being greasy. Quite expensive, but worth it. (After which I just use Vaseline intensive care... :shock: )
razzamatazz

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi girls

I use a Tisserand handcream which contains lavendar, not greasy at all, I also like Avon's Skin So Soft Age Defying Hand Cream

Hope you all had a good weekend

Maggie xx 8)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

That Avon Skin so Soft is also the ONLY thing in the WORLD that actually repells the fabled Scottish midge!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

What in the world is "Scottish midge" (pardon my ignorance, I'm Canadian eh). Linda
Linda
Denise

Post by Denise »

a midge is a scottish mosquito that would probably be the best thing to describe it...but worse...they don't fly around singularly they fly around in hoardes and attach in hoardes.....get in their way and ur eaten alive...lol

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

There is a really good hand creme called Udderly Smooth, it comes in a tub or a tube. We have a Chineese Crested that we bathe and because he has no hair his skin is very rough and the Udderly Smooth makes him lovely and soft for quite a while Linda
Linda
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

What in the world is "Scottish midge"
As Denise says, it is the most horrible thing in the world. Imagine a blackfly, half the size, and hunting in packs. Swarms. They appear as clouds. They get everywhere. Really. :shock: And ITCH. You can scratch yourself raw and it still itches. I believe the midge is a judgement for living in a perfectly heartbreakingly beautiful place, where the summer evenings go on forever and it's never too hot. But you can't enjoy it because of..... midges! :evil: :evil:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Sounds terrible. Makes the mosquito sound tame. Linda :(
Linda
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Hi Girls

The product that i find works really well is A product called AVOJUICE skin quencher made by OPI Products. The skin is not greasy at all because it is like the skin actually drinks the lotion It works wonderful my only problem is that i have not found anyone in Canada that sells it. I got a very large bottle of it when i was in Florida six months ago and still can not find anyone so if anyone else has seen where to get it please let me know as i love it ( only have 1/2 a bottle left)

Debbie
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

I use Axtrio hand cream, carry a tube around with me all the time.