Will be missing next week

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lindagibb

Will be missing next week

Post by lindagibb »

Just to let you know that I will be offline next week for a few days at least :cry: and when back online you will notice a little difference in my location.

Yes, I am moving.

DH has a new job and we are moving from Saudi to Bahrain. :D Really chuffed for him as it is the type of job he has been looking for, for the last couple of years :D.

Everything got finalised this week after a lot of toing and froing since mid November last year. Things in this part of the world tend to move slowly. Have begun to sort out stuff in readiness for the packers coming on Wednesday and we leave for Bahrain on Saturday if everything goes to plan. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Still trying to get a bit of stitching done, in between sorting out all the stuff we have accumulated. Didn't realise we had so much :shock:.

Also got a another bit of good news yesterday, my daughter, Sarah, who is hoping to graduate in the summer as a nurse, got word yesterday that she had got a place on the Staff Development Programme based in the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary :D .

Anyway will still be here till Friday.
catkin

Post by catkin »

:D Great news for you. Good luck in your new location.I haven't been to Bahrain myself but had a friend who moved to Dubai from there. She really liked it so hope you enjoy it too. I'm sure one thing you'll notice is you will have a bit more freedom than you had as a woman in Saudi. Maybe one day you'll get to Dubai. What line of work is your DH in? Mine is in construction so as you can imagine he's always got plenty of work as this place is growing at a tremendous rate.
Good news about your daughter too. I used to work in the Obs. & Gynae lab many moons ago at ARI. We stayed in Rosemount then so it was very handy.
Anyway DH has a day off for the Prophets birthday tomorrow so having a housework day today.

Joan
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Best wishes for the move and your new home. Hope you make lots of friends and settle in just the thing.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Good luck with your move, hope everything goes like clockwork (well it does happen). What an interesting part of the world to live in, and congrats to your daughter. Linda
Linda
Denise

Post by Denise »

good luck with the move and congrats to ur daughter, i bet she is really chuffed....great thing about cross-stitching it can go anywhere...speak to you soon

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

congratulations and good luck on your move and for your daughter! What's it like to live where you do? (just curious) :?
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

I echo all the good will sentiments!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Wow you get to move. That is not something I like to do the first 12 years we were married we made 8 major moves all over 1600 miles one coast to the other and north to south. As a result I pity anyone for having to do it, but if it is what makes you and yours happy it must be done.

Your daughter deserves lots of credit, nursing is a super accomplishment. Many medical pro's in my family and my son is a combat medic with the US Army. Very proud of him as I am sure you are of your daughter.
razzamatazz

Post by razzamatazz »

Good luck with the move Linda and congratulations to your daughter!

Maggie xx 8)
Last edited by razzamatazz on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

:lol: Had to laugh Maggie when I read your posting :lol: , it is me, Linda, that is moving not Joan
razzamatazz

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi Linda

Sorry I just realised after I read your email, I'd like to put it down to a weekend of partying but unfortunately that's not the case :lol:

I've altered it now!

Maggie xx
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Fingers crossed for a smooth move, and congrats to your daughter!
Becca

Post by Becca »

Good luck with the move, i hope it all goes ok. I know someone who lives in Bahrain too lol