Arghh!!! so many

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

welsh wendy

Arghh!!! so many

Post by welsh wendy »

Hi all :)

Since joining this forum I have had so many new ideas of projects to do.

DH to be was complaining the other day at Not Another One :roll:

Keep up the good work all fantastic. Any ideas for a start new projectaholic on how I can actually finish one before I start another tempting one :wink:
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Hi Wendy

I only allow myself three ongoing projects and can only start a new one when one of those are finished. This allows me alittle more freedom but at the same time control too. Hope this works

Debbie

PS looking for the mags so should be able to email you by sat or sun your time
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I'm pretty good at just keeping one on the go at one time (not counting UFOs!), and at the moment I'm on another Christmas piccie. The Snow Princess will have to wait until I get those two threads I need (I already got the beads to finish her off), but as none of the craft stores around here sells Madeira Silk she might have to wait for quite a bit (have found online store that sells it... but £1.60 for the threads, no problem... and £2.35 extra for postage, no way! If I was buying more stuff, I don't mind paying the postage, but when the postage comes to more than the items are worth, I'll skip it for now)!
Denise

strict with myself

Post by Denise »

I'm very strict with myself and won't start another one until the one I'm working on is finished that way I can't get distracted lol
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

I should do as others, and not start another untill I've finished the one I'm working on, but sometimes I lose interest, and then I want to start a new one. Anyway, I only have 1 WIP at the moment, although I am doing some birthday cards for May. (I need to make around 5, all family!) I do have a large project I started, but I haven't been able to get back to. It's a kit by Anchor, "Peaseblossom Flower Fairy", by Margaret Tarrant. It's on 16ct ivory aida, so it's a bit hard on my eyesight..... :shock: But, I do intend to finish it! 8)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Most of the time I nly work on 1 project until it is done but right now I have two in the works. Both are for the quilts I am making. Trying to get mom's done and I just had to get back to my daughters. I love those Angels.
Becca

Post by Becca »

I won't let myself start another until i've finished this one. Just think of how great a finished project looks.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I usually only have one going at a time but I am taking a break from a piece on black, (its for my best friend, and that is the only reason I am not scrapping it,) Linda
Linda
Rose

Post by Rose »

I put up two pictures of the WIP I currently have in the basket(what I am working on currently). I will try to put up a new pic each week so you can follow my progress if you would like.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi Wendy

Usually have a couple of projects on the go at the same time. Usually one big one and a couple of little ones. That way if I get fed up of doing the big one I can do a little one to break the monotony.
Just now trying to finish the third in a series of three dragonflies and doing a small stamped cross stitch square tablecloth using variegated threads.
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

I usually work in just a project. But my current project needs more time, and I had been attemped to start another one. But I'm strong and I continue with my current WIP :D
mvy_1

Post by mvy_1 »

I usually have one or two on the go at any one time, as I find because I choose patterns that are large and have lots of colours I can get quite bored with them. I also embroider and sew, so my cross stitching is normally left for when I can sit and stitch for several hours without any interuptions.
Margaret

WIP
Anna Thies 1859 Sampler

Finished 2013
Spring Frost (Painting by Australian Artist Elioth Gruner)
blackaraknia

number of projects

Post by blackaraknia »

I have two projects on the go right now. The first one I started 2.5 years ago. i stopped working on that one because I lost intrest after I discovered that I used two different types of white.:x I guess that I have learned my lesson about stitching with more than one brand of floss. :lol: Now I'm just going to keep it to one project at a time. :wink:
carriel1975

Post by carriel1975 »

You are all so good! I am a serial starter, I am always tempted to start something new, I have 2 main WIP at the mo, but another 4 in the cupboard, not to mention my UFO's lol. I'm a lost cause, but I love it lol.
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

ohh.... youre from northants also!!
do yous truggle for supplies like I do?? Ive resorted to online ordering mostly.

I came back to stitching the end of last year, after some time away from it. So Im going mad, Im stitching for gifts, which I didnt do before, so have have several either on the go or soon to be started.

sttiching again - have you tried sewandso, for your threads, they base their postage on wiegth, so are very reasonable. I placed an order recently for various speciality threads, and seed beads, and the postage was next to nothing.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

purple-footprints wrote: sttiching again - have you tried sewandso, for your threads, they base their postage on wiegth, so are very reasonable. I placed an order recently for various speciality threads, and seed beads, and the postage was next to nothing.
They don't do them, there are very few places online (and "real" stores that do) that stock the Madeira silk... oh well, I'm busy with other stitching, so I can wait! :D
carriel1975

Post by carriel1975 »

Hi purple-footprints, where in Northants are you?

I buy all of my supplies online, sewandso for bits & pieces. www.heavenandearthdesigns.com for charts & www.victoriasneedle.co.uk for my Lavender & Lace or Mirabilla.

Also went to Olympia a couple of weeks back & brought enough stash to last me years lol.

There was a nice stitchy shop in Thrapston, but thats closed now, the only place I go is Hobbycraft in Northampton, but only if i'm desperate for a colour, their prices are so high.
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

oh absoluetly hobbycraft are very very expensive!!!! I do love going to browse though, but as I dont have a car I probaly only get there once every 2-3 years.

I live near kettering. I also use sewandso, Ive found them super so far! And I get my threads from an ebay seller for 25p per skien, ive not found them cheaper anywhere else yet!
Becca

Post by Becca »

Hehe i love going to look round Hobbycraft, not that i can afford anything there but it's nice to look.
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

And I'm having a hard time... I have to stitch 1 kit 70*70 stitches per a week. I play a game with the stitchers in different towns. First month it makes a lot of fun because you see very beautiful and finished (that's more important) embroidery, but then you get tired and the stitching becomes more and more stressful... Anyway you can see the the results of the Marathon race in the Gallery :wink: Those pictures were stitched in March, and I upload April embroidery very soon :o
A word is dead when it is said, some say.
I say it just begins to live that day.
Dickinson E.