I am so happy I popped back here after so long! So many of my secret little cheats aren't so secret after all
It's not just me - yay!
1) I also over stitch mistakes!!!! I'm not alone, thank God lol
I find as long as I pull the thread snug you really can't tell. Then I have a little bit of sneaky smugness that I got away with it
If it does look a little bulky then sometimes I will just do a half stitch if that will cover the previous colour. If the stitched area is a bit tight I will use one strand and go over twice each way. I cheat a lot! Wrath is 5 years in the making so far and I wouldn't have got this far without some fudging
2) I lose my needle most days. It never seems to stick to a magnet properly and falls out of the fabric when I just jab it there. It's a common call in our house 'I've done it again!!' Hubby and DS11 come running and play hunt the needle. They haven't failed me yet
3) I have purposely ruined projects I wasn't enjoying just to justify starting a new one
4) I bought a fancy schmancy wooden box for the threads I'm using at the mo. Told hubby the plastic ones were soooo hard to work with once I saw the wooden one and I 'really needed it' . Naughty me!
5) if I decide to start a new project I can't wait. I need it...now! I can't wait for threads to arrive, or fabric. It's straight in the car and drive 30 miles if needs be. I can't be without something to stitch.
6) I resent everything that stops me stitching. I have a tiny house and have to stitch in the kitchen. Our bathroom is off the kitchen. So I get interrupted. Every. 5. Minutes!!!
7) I ONLY stitch HAEDs now. I hate fancy stitches and gaps. I have decided to stick to the smaller ones though cos life's too short when the big ones take so long.
I'm the world's slowest stitcher. No exaggeration. About a stitch a minute! I've counted.
9) If I get a tangle on the back I will pull the loop down and stitch it down tight. Can't leave it. Can't face all that frogging.
10) I do 'me style' parking and Haed's. Not cross country. Not a page at a time or 10 x 10's. I work ALL the way across row 1, then back along row 2, and so on. It evolves line by line. I've never seen anyone else stitch in such an odd way but I don't get lines and the back's neat lol.
Ah confession feels good.