I'm baaaack

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

I'm baaaack

Post by fccs »

I got home from my Hawaiian vacation Friday morning. It was fun and I loved every minute of it. I took two small projects for the flights and two for the hotels/pools. Yeah, I didn't even touch those two. I did a little stitching on the flight to Honolulu and none on the flight home.

We spent 5 1/2 days on Oahu in Honolulu/Waikiki - I climbed Diamond Head (that was tough) and we went to the Arizona Memorial (it closed the day after we were there and is still closed). We also went to the Punch Bowl cemetery where my great uncle is buried. And we walked a lot. Pool time and cocktails were also involved.

Another 5 1/2 days were spent on Maui in Kaanapali. We had a car and drove the Road to Hana (only half way), and we went to the Surfing Goats Dairy. Goats! Baby goats! 91 of them!! We were able to pet them (so soft) and we fed some adult goats. We were all pretty giddy over that experience. We also had dinner at Fleetwoods, followed by a Mick Fleetwood concert - cool. And more pool days (and fruity cocktails). I had an extra pool day because my friends left the hotel for their return flight at 10am and I stayed until 5pm. I took advantage of the hospitality room and hung out at the pool - and did a third aqua fit class.

All in all, a wonderful vacation with three friends I love dearly. But it was good to get home to Colorado and Jackson (who really gave me the what-for when I got home).
Last edited by fccs on Thu May 24, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Re: I'm baaaack

Post by Squirrel »

Hurray you are back safely and no doubt Hudson will settle down again after telling you off a few times. Good to know you have been able to relax and just enjoy it all. :dance:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Welcome back!! So glad that you had such a wonderful time in Hawaii!! To say I'm a bit jealous would be a very big understatement!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Wow! Sounds like you had the very best of holidays! Welcome back!

That volcano eruption didn't spoil your fun thank goodness! :shock:
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Welcome back!
That sounds like you indeed had the most wonderful of vacations, I'm so happy for you!
Sina
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Could you see the volcano eruptions clearly? Would have been amazing to see that but oh so very dreadful for people living in the vicinity of the lava & ash.
Maddie :)
mayflowers

Post by mayflowers »

Great fire & boiling hot elements coming out of deep centre of the earth but must be absolutely terrifying for resident on that island. God bless them all.
Blossom :)
fccs

Post by fccs »

sapphire wrote:Could you see the volcano eruptions clearly? Would have been amazing to see that but oh so very dreadful for people living in the vicinity of the lava & ash.
We weren’t on the big island (Hawaii) so we saw nothing other than vog, especially on Maui. It was the headline news story every night, of course, for obvious reasons.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

In case anyone wants to see some Hawaii pics...

The climb to the top of Diamond Head

The Arizona Memorial

Baby goats!!

Five and a half days of this view...ahhhhhh
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
mayflowers

Post by mayflowers »

Thanks for telling me. I was unsure how far apart the islands are, kind of imagined you sitting wherever & seeing the giant smoke plumes in the air even if you could not see the volcano itself. Fantastic pictures of the eruptions at night but I would not like to live anywhere like that. The odd earthquake here is enough for me.

Glad you had lovely time with your friends Thanks for photos too, always lovely to see other places :D Take it you have a cat at home ho was not amused you left him/her? Cats are like that aren't they? We had one who was must disgruntled when we left here even though my parents came to house sit & cat sit while we were away. The cat used to sit at the bottom of the garden & stare hard at me every time I was at the kitchen sink. She'd do that for at least a week after we got home! used to make us laugh :lol:
Blossom :)
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Glad you enjoyed yourself Debbie. Hawaii must be interesting at the moment. The eruption is probably the safest way to see a big volcano you could imagine.

As for fleabogs getting in a strop.. Our old Albert (my avatar) always swore at us for a good 5 minutes after we returned, then he'd ignore us for 10 minutes, and finally he'd stick within 6ft of us for the rest of the day.

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
poppy

Post by poppy »

I love the photos, Debby. Thanks for posting! :D
The baby goats are adorable and the beach just idyllic. :wub:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Thank you for these wonderful photos, I really enjoyed looking at them :wub:
Sina
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Lovely photos.

Sounds like you had a fabulous holiday.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Welcome back! Sounds like and looks like (from the photos) an absolutely wonderful vacation and thank God you were not on the big island.

When I return from a trip to the grocery store I get glared at and from anything overnight or longer I get the turned back treatment from Laverne until she decides I have been properly chastised and get awarded the privilege of her sitting on my chest, feeding her her favorite treats and giving her as many tummy rubs as she wants. But I know I would risk that punishment for the memorable vacation you've just had!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote: When I return from a trip to the grocery store I get glared at and from anything overnight or longer I get the turned back treatment from Laverne until she decides I have been properly chastised and get awarded the privilege of her sitting on my chest, feeding her her favorite treats and giving her as many tummy rubs as she wants. But I know I would risk that punishment for the memorable vacation you've just had!

Carole
:dance:
They do no know to play on our guilt, don't they? :-)
mayflowers wrote:Thanks for telling me. I was unsure how far apart the islands are, kind of imagined you sitting wherever & seeing the giant smoke plumes in the air even if you could not see the volcano itself. Fantastic pictures of the eruptions at night but I would not like to live anywhere like that. The odd earthquake here is enough for me.
I lived in California most of my life so I've been through way too many earthquakes to count, from barely felt to rather big ones (but never in an area that suffered the severe damage). I hate earthquakes! At least with volcanoes, tornados, hurricanes, typhoons, etc., you know they are coming. Earthquakes are like the surprise party guest you never invited.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Those views are gorgeous Debby and those baby goats are gorgeous. Lots of lovely memories to keep taking peeks at in the days ahead.
Thanks so much for sharing them with us, especially the view from where you stayed.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lovely pics, what a wonderful holiday!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits