Introducing myself :)

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

razzamatazz

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi Harsha

Welcome to the board, I think you are our first overseas member!

Look forward to getting to know you

Cheers
Maggie (razzamatazz)
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi Harsha

Hows life in singapore??? I have 2 girls also, are your girls interested in cross stitch?? Mine are just beginning to experiment. My 6 year old has some knitting on the go as well, and also likes drawing, glueing, and making a mess like most kids do. My 13 year old, seems a little more preoccupied with friends (and boys), so her interest is very intermittent.

Im kinda glad to no longer be the newest member :)

Hope to get to know you more in time.

Sue
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi Harsha

My two teenage boys aren't into needlework, and not particularly into their revision either (it's exam season here in the UK). I've never been to Singapore, although friends have and thought it was beautiful.

What sort of stitching is your favourite? Do you find sourcing materials easy? Is there a local variety of stitching? (Too many questions!)
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

hey ive just noticed, there are little arrows when someone has added a message that you hadnt read yet.....

I wont embarrass myself by telling you all how many times Ive read all these screens up till now to see if there are new replies..... :oops:

At least now i can see at a glance :D

I did say technology isnt my thing didnt i, or is that dejavu from reading the messages soooo soooo many times already!!! LOL
harsha

Post by harsha »

Thank you girls!

Sue, my girls are 5 and 3. They have not started to show any interest yet. I plan to teach them anyway.. maybe in a few years.

Serinde,
I'm more into smallish or medium sized projects. Altho I must admit, I've been drooling over large projects for some time, maybe I'll take the plunge this year.

the good thing about smallish is.. up until now, I have no UFO. none at all. As for buying stitchy supplies, I rely on online shops most of the time. I'm always looking for more good and reliable online shop.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Harsha

No UFOs? NO UFOs? How is this possible? You just have to work harder at it, that's all. :lol:
harsha

Post by harsha »

Serinde wrote:Harsha

No UFOs? NO UFOs? How is this possible? You just have to work harder at it, that's all. :lol:
yes, you heard right, no UFOs!! can u believe that? and being the one into smallish design, I only have the most 2 work in progress LOL. it feels like something is nagging at the back og my mind, if I have more than 2 WIPs LOL.

:lol:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

A paragon! Not only little people to look after, but worried if more than 2 WIPs are hanging around. In my experience, women like you tend to quietly run the world.
harsha

Post by harsha »

oh no.. I'm having trouble taking the girls in hand, nevermind rule the world LOL.
Miss Plum

Wot a lovely spot

Post by Miss Plum »

Hello, I found u while looking @ sewing machines, so I am a nutter when it comes 2 Cross Stitch, I have a few UFO's, but am getting through them slowly, with other bits, like tapestry, patchwork, and embroidery. I am a busy one, but love it all. I just found a beautiful Cross Stitch of A Amish farm style one, and it will take me ages, but I guess it is the bees knees in cross stitch, it is is three parts, or framed seperately, not sure yet if I am going 2 do it as one or split it up in2 3's.
Happy stitching everyone and I am sure it will be nice 2 chat and all, I am in New Zealand, so we r having a realy one out of the box day in our summer, it is really hot, beach weather. So I am off 2 sit in it with a book 2day.
Cheerio now
Miss Plum
PS I would also like 2 put a neat animated picture here, how do u do it thanks in advance.
Always stitchn lavender
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, Miss Plum, rub it in! We in the Northern Hemisphere are some combination of cold, wet, icy, grey-skyed. However, the snowdrops are up and there are even some benighted crocus in one of my flowerbeds -- a touch early...

Keep us informed on how you get on with the Amish Farm.

If you want to know how to put in a picture, go up to the Welcome section, where Alex explains it.
Miss Plum

Cozy Weather

Post by Miss Plum »

Hello Serinde
So nice 2 hear u r just as cozy as we r weather wise, yes we r just thinking about putting our crocus plants in 4 their show off time in winter also. I can't wait 2 start 'Amid Amish Life' cross stitch, but how big 2 make it is the delima, may just do it in 3 parts. Thanks 4 the nice reply and the chat, enjoy the snowmen making, from one whom is so cozy in the sun with a lovely cool drink and a book.

Cheerio now
Miss Plum
Always stitchn lavender