Just Joined

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

dollymixtures

Just Joined

Post by dollymixtures »

Hi, I am Dolly & have just joined today, 5th June. Live in the UK & been stitching for a number of years. Love cross stitching brightly coloured flowers & quite often do what I call a 'busy' cottage garden. Enjoy doing rural scenes as well as occasional street scene.

After decorating other peoples homes with brightly flowered gifts I am now doing them to decorate my own walls :D Currently doing Riolis bunch of pansies. Have several Riolis, Anchor, Sunset & Dimensions kits but this is the first time I have stitched Riolis with woollen/acrylic threads. Riolis make is Russian but the acrylic threads are Italian in origin & the colours are pretty, nice to stitch with too. The pansy picture is looking colourful already even though I have only recently started it. Particularly love pansy faces as they make me smile :D

Do any other members stitch Riolis? If so, do you like the woollen/acrylic threads as much as I do or have you had any problems I should know about? Would be glad of anything you have to say about this make. It is lovely that it comes wound on cards with a notch for the end of each thread to be slotted into, makes things easier.

Looking forward to getting to know other members & learning new things :)

Dolly
Dolly
Serinde

Re: Just Joined

Post by Serinde »

Welcome, Dolly, from the :sun: West of Scotland! :wave: Glad you found us.

As I've said to other new members, we have a few extras not often found on the Interwebs. The Stash & Grab is our local pub where everything (legal) is available and nothing is fattening or intoxicating. There is also -- through that revolving door -- St Cross Stitchers infirmary, where wobbly stitchers are occasionally found. Through those french doors, you will see the gardens and the loch, complete with treehouse, where scones and cakes are served at any time of the day.

We love photos :camera: , so do feel free to start a SAL thread to show us those pansies. (I love pansies.)
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Hi Dolly, I joined today. Am doing a pansy Riolis too. Like the thread colours but they do fray more than DMC or Anchor. I like flowers so we can share each other's interest in them

Cherry :wave: .
Cherry :tea:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from me in damp, stormy and drizzly SW France.

I love cottages too and flowers and birds....but mostly PUFFINS :wub: :wub: :wub:
I am the resident Puffinophile!!
dollymixtures

Post by dollymixtures »

Thanx for messages. Look forward 2 exchanging views Cherry
Dolly
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome from a very :sun: and warming South Carolina! I haven't stitched Riolis, but lots of flowers (including beautiful pansies) and am also inclined to have at least one if not more than one feline in the designs I choose. I know you will find us a fun and caring group of stitchers. Hope you will post some pictures of your work. We love pictures!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Grammyof4girls

Post by Grammyof4girls »

Welcome Dolly, I too have been stitching for a number of years Welcome to the group. I do not stitch the flowers like you but I am sure that they are beautiful. I'm from Southern Virginia in the US. Looking forward to talking with you. Mike
:ratherbe:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Dolly and Welcome from me too in chilly and damp Brisbane, so glad you have joined us.

I have done a couple or 3 Riolis kits but they have always had DMC threads in them. Some of their designs are really great but I am trying not to buy any more stash until I have reduced my stuff already here.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

How are you getting on with your pansies Dolly? Hope to put pic of mine on forum today :)
Cherry :tea:
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Hi Dolly and welcome to the forum from Germany!
I love Riolis and stitching flowers so look forward to seeing your work.
Sina