help wanted with chart from Stoney Creek

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

betty boop

help wanted with chart from Stoney Creek

Post by betty boop »

Hello everybody,

Could someone help me with a chart from the Stoney Creek mag. It's the chart called 'Witchy welcome' from the august edition on page 14.

I've never done the Turkey Stitch before but I was wondering how I have to read the chart concerning.

According to the chart one has to stitch black (symbolised by the black dots) for her hed; and between the black dots are the orange dots witch one has to stitch in the Turkey Stitch.

My question now is, do I have to stitch the black dots as well as the orange ones in the Turkey Stitch or are the black ones only as guidelines.
It seems to me that the Turkey stitch is big enough to cover the fabric. I mean I doubt if you see anything of the black stitches who would be underneath the orange hair, or am I wrong?

Could you help me please with this one, I would be very grateful if someone could help me out here.

Greetings and have a nice day,
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

usually you don't stitch the dots but what that pattern I'm not sure. I don't have it. I hope someone can help you
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Rose

Post by Rose »

This maybe a dumb question but what does the pattern instructions tell you? Some times they will let you know and sometimes they think that you are already aware of what they want you to stitch.

I don't have the pattern you are talking about because I am having issues with the subscription I have for Stoney. I hope you can find someone who can help.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
betty boop

Post by betty boop »

The pattern draws 2 sorth of symbols on one spot. The black dots are on the squares, where the normal full cross stitches have to come and the orange dots which should be stitched for the hair are at the crossing of the squares of the black dots.

Rose, I also have a subscription on the Stoney Creek mag. It's the August mag from 2007 that features these halloween designs amongs others of course.