Work Table

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

blackaraknia

Post by blackaraknia »

All good :idea:s I need sothing so that I can stitch outside. I use a tv table when I visit my fiance. :) I should buy one of them and make a cover for it with pockets. All I need is a sewing machine. :lol: We would love to hear more great :idea:s
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Hi blackaraknia

I use a TV table for my stitching and what i have done is covered it with quilt batting and then the material and just used one of those big staple gun, this gives the table padding so you have somewhere to stick you needle if you have to put it somewhere Plus this was cheap to do. and you can make it as thick as you want. i have used about four layers of the batting as it goes down after a period of time. When it has worn out you just have to rip it up and replace it. I find it lasts about 8 months before i want to change the material.

Anyways this if awfully long sorry about that but i really love my table and it was easy

Debbie
blackaraknia

Post by blackaraknia »

Thanks Debbie. I love that idea. i would need to buy a tv table of my own but that is not a problem. i also have the prefect fabric to use to cover it. I bought it awhile ago because it had cats on it. :lol: I guess this makes it obvious that I like cats and ferrets. :lol: 8)

Carol :P
a.k.a blackaraknia