Any advise welcome

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

purple_fantasy

Any advise welcome

Post by purple_fantasy »

Has anyone got any advise or ideas that will make stitching on black 18ct aida easier as i find it starts to strain your eyes after a while.
Thanks P_F
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Check out the thread in this section called Working on Dark Fabrics. It's a good place to start, and I'm sure others will come up with even more ideas.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I have one I started last year, I didn't get very far. And if I dont use black, the entire background is to be done in black floss, there is alot of background!! I tried all the advice and none worked. I think that if you can afford the light box for your lap, that is the way to go. This summer as soon as it is nice to sit outside I am going to try doing mine in sunlight, I find that inside there are too many shadows. P.S. I thought 14 ct was bad enough, I couldn't imagine using 18. Good luck and keep us informed of how you are doing with it. Happy stitching
Linda
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Another suggestion, particularly if you don't have a light box, is to place a white towel or piece of material on your lap when you are stitching.

I found this helped when I did my one and only attempt of stitching on black, particularly when I was stitching in the evening.
purple_fantasy

Post by purple_fantasy »

thanks for the replies i will keep going a it untill it is finished :)
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Looking forward to seeing it finished.