Crossing the cross

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

LuckyDice

Crossing the cross

Post by LuckyDice »

Just curious does everyone cross their stitches to finish them the same way from project to project or do you cross some projects this way / and other ones this way \?
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Mine are always top left to bottom right (\) to finish.
I'm currently working on a project which includes half crosses, which go the opposite way, of course. It looks ok, although I wasn't sure at the start. I soon learned to always do the complete cross stitches before putting in the half crosses though. :oops: :)
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I do mine the same as Serinde . That is the way I have only seen it done. And I too learned the hard way to do half stitches last!!
Linda
photostitcher

Post by photostitcher »

I do the same thing.

I try to do the half stitches with the rest of the stitching but sometimes it doesn't work out that way.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

I finish off my crosses from top left to bottom right. When it come to half stitches I tend to do them individually.
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

I am the other way round, mine are finished off top right to bottom left. when my partner started stitching i made her do them my way as then we could do the same projects. I dont think that it really matters which way you do them, as long as all the crosses go the same way otherwise you get a very odd look to the finished piece.
Happy man on the moon Image
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Totally agree with Loralou It doesn't matter as long as they are all going the same way