HELP!! Floss Conversion Troubles

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

krissym75

HELP!! Floss Conversion Troubles

Post by krissym75 »

Greetings!! I was so happy to come across this site :)

OK, so my question has to do with different patterns and floss conversion. I have some amazing friends who think of me when they travel the world and if they happen to stumble across a pattern/kit/magazine involving cross stitch they get it as my souvenir. Some time ago my cousin sent me a cute woodland creature pattern but its in German. I have deciphered much of the instructions but the floss/thread has me stumped.

The one floss I'm sure is black (DMC 310) but on the key it lists 2 options:
1. FL 341
2. HF 240

Between the books I have I wasn't able to find any information so here I am. Hopefully some one can help me... I'm excited to start this new piece.

Thank you in advance!!
rcperryls

Re: HELP!! Floss Conversion Troubles

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I'm afraid that I can't help you with converting those colors to DMC. Someone on the forum may be able to help you or have an idea of where to go to get the information. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the chart? Or maybe DMC? I would think they keep tabs on all the different threads that are available. I hope that you stay with us as you stitch this piece? I think it sounds like a lot of fun to have so many international projects to work on!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Hello & welcome Sorry I am unable to help you either. I know there are DMC to Anchor charts available to download on the Internet but I do not know anyone who knows about German sewing threads.. Hope someone on here will be able to help you.
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Your German design isn't by Kaiser Craft or use any of their embellishments, by any chance? I think the FL341 might be a little wooden butterfly, perhaps? Or at least that's the only thing I've come up with on the intertubes so far!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

German isn't my native language but I get by in it fairly well so if there is any bit of the instructions you think might relate to this feel free to bounce it off me.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
krissym75

Post by krissym75 »

Well because I happen to work overnights (11p-9a) and we have a snowstorm going on right now I searched all over the internet. I stumbled upon Danish Flower Thread... turns out, that's what the HF 240 is (Black Danish Flower Thread). The manufacturer has a conversion to DMC so as soon as I am done with work I am heading straight to the nearest craft shop and get all the supplies I need.

Thank you all so much for your replies!!

Have a great and blessed day :)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: I am so glad that you worked that out! I hope you will stay with us and take pictures to post for us to see your progress on this (and any other) project you are working on. Hope the snowstorm (just saw some news about this wintry blast :cold: :snowman:) doesn't get in the way of your getting to the craft store. Be careful driving and stay warm!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: that is great!! Please do keep us updated and try to stay warm! The weather iis crazy!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Danish Flower Thread! Who would have thought? So glad you have found the answer, hope the snow does not come between you and your threads, and really hope we get to see this growing! :wip: :driving: :cold: