Bookmark Size Question

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Ruby

Bookmark Size Question

Post by Ruby »

Hello everyone!

I relativly new to crossstitching. I already finished a few smaller pieces on linen. Today my Aida 16 count finally arrived, and I planned to stitch a bookmark for my sister as a christmas present.
I searched for a while, but couldn't find the correct size for a bookmark (only for 14 count and 18 count). I could of course just cut it so it looks right, but I wanted some advice before I start destroying the fabric by just starting without any info.

What sizes do you cut your fabric or do you depend on a pattern?

Thanks for the help!

P.S.: I hope this is the right section of the board for a question :oops:
karen4bells

Re: Bookmark Size Question

Post by karen4bells »

Hello and welcome to the forum. It's great to have you join us!! As for your question, I normally cut my fabric depending on the project size. So if you are going to work on a bookmark, using 16 count and IF it has a stitch count of 32 by 80, that would be design size of 2 inches by 5 inches, then I would add at least a 2 inch border on all sides so it would need fabric cut to 6 inches by 9 inches. I hope that helps!!! Again Welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Re: Bookmark Size Question

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Ruby and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! and welcome to the wonderful world of cross stitching! I'm not one of those who can easily calculate what size fabric I need for different projects so I use this Cross Stitch Calculator. I hope that you will post pictures of your progress on the bookmark, as well as any other projects you work on. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker