TaoTronics LED Dimmable Desk Lamp Review

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Nicola Main

TaoTronics LED Dimmable Desk Lamp Review

Post by Nicola Main »

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I got this desk lamp for my birthday yesterday and I just had to tell you guys about it. If anyone is needing a lamp for their cross stitch it's perfect and it would also be excellent for reading in bed. I had to take the photos of the lamp on the ground as when I took them on the table there was too much clutter in the background (i.e. TV, furniture, ornaments). You plug it in and then the on/off switch on the base shows as pale red. You can swivel the base of it to left or right and also the top part of the lamp itself twists so you can move it to where you like. It also stores away nicely in a corner when you're not using it. To change the dullness and brightness of it all you have to do is slide your finger on the base along the bar from left (dim) or right (full brightness). Simples! ;)

Low setting (if you look at the back of the sofa you can see the change in brightness level).

Medium setting.

Highest setting.

Stores nicely away and doesn't take up too much space.

All in all a great lamp and highly recommended! For more information visit Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/TaoTronics-Dimm ... ge_o01_s00" target="_blank" target="_blank
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
rcperryls

Re: TaoTronics LED Dimmable Desk Lamp Review

Post by rcperryls »

This section is as good as any! I'm glad that you found one that you like so much. Having the right kind of lighting is so important and this one seems so easy to use. It will make your stitching even more enjoyable!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

I really do like the looks of this!! I hope it gives you many years of wonderful service---looks like a gem!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

It looks great! I've got one now on my Amazon list. Thanks the review.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

karen4bells wrote:I really do like the looks of this!! I hope it gives you many years of wonderful service---looks like a gem!!

Ditto! What a great birthday present!! :D :dance:
mouselady

Post by mouselady »

Thanks for sharing! I am looking for a better light for my livingroom stitching area so I am definitely going to consider this if the shipping to the US is not too expensive. You are lucky to get such a wonderful present!
Desiree

WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines

2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Desiree I've found it on your US Amazon for $39.99 ;) http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Eye-ca ... e+led+lamp" target="_blank" target="_blank
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thanks for the link. I've put that on my Amazon Wish List for when my current table lamp needs to be replaced. I like the one I have but being able to adjust the light on this one is really appealing. Desiree, the other advantage, besides shipping, is that you don't need to have an adapter to plug it in to the electric socket.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker