Numbering Boxes

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

welsh wendy

Numbering Boxes

Post by welsh wendy »

Hi :)

I have just had the most frustrating few hours stitching ever :twisted:

I am working on a myou and keept running out of colours so I reach for my boxes of threads only to find the thread I want is in the bottom of my 4 boxes. :roll:

I have now labled each box telling me the thread colours in the boxes not individual numbers but the range they run in.

Now I can tell at a quick glance what box I need and I dont have to open each box. :)
catkin

Post by catkin »

Good idea. I'm afraid I'm not very organized and spend half my life looking for stuff. I keep meaning to index my mags and sort out my floss but never get round to it :oops:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

As always, a good idea. I only have two boxes of threads, but just as bread lands butter-side down, I pull out the *other* box.

I wish I could even have a frustrating sewing afternoon. DH is relaxing in front of the rugby, but I must get on with work. The joys of freelancing often mean no weekends. However, I check into the forum regularly, for R 'n' R. :)
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

my boxes are labelled and all the bobbins are in numercial order so that they are easily found when i need them. What i also do is i have a seperate box for my project on the go so that i don't have to keep going back to the big boxes they are all in one box.

but know that DMC has come out with the stitch bow i am using that system as no more wrapping around the bobbin except that everything has to be stored in binders. DMC has even come out with a wonderful carry case to transport you project using the stitch bow item i love it tremendously that i now have three of the case for all my projects on the go.

Debbie

ps i think i need help for my addiction :oops:
any suggestions
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I had two friends at university who wanted to stop smoking, so they bought about 6 packs each and shut themselves into their (shared) room and smoked until they were sick and almost asphyxiated. Worked a treat.

So, the obvious thing is to stitch ever waking second you can until you get tired of it. 8) You must be seen to be trying to break the addiction cycle by addressing the underlying causes. How can you find out what those are? Well, by stitching, of course! :idea:
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

see that's my problem when not working or doing chores or on this forum i am stithcing sometimes till 2 in the morning and still doesn't stop the addiction. Old well at least i don't smoke i couldn't afford it with having to buy stitching supplies lol

Debbie
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi

I have just got into those stitch bows, I think they are great, especially for whole skiens. No winding!!!

I bought a box to put them in, its like an extra big video case. what do you use??

Ive not seen the carry case you refer to, where did you get that from? It sounds ideal!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Not to brag as this has taken me years to organize but I have a picture on my gallery of the box I keep my floss in. I always wind ny thread on to a bobbin. I do this since I buy alot of floss at a discount from the local stores. When they have floss that has come out of its wrapper or somehow gotten messed up they will sell it at 15 per cent off. So the bows wont work for me and I get cheap floss. I am excited to say that I just got the complete set of DMC. It was on e-bay for 23 cents a skein with no shipping cost. So now I have one of each color and a spare of about 300. I love it.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Hi There purple-footprints

I got my carrying case from Micheals craft stores but i have seen them on the DMC website. usually i have seen them where ever they sell the stitch bows so i would ask you supplier as they are also made by DMC especially fo the stitch bow system

Debbie
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

I use the same method as Debbie (Inuyashagirl). Stores bobbins numerically and then on the outside of the boxes have a label with the first number and last numbers on the outside, so that way I can see at a glance what box I need. Also have a separate box for the threads that I am using for current projects.