used threads

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

welsh wendy

used threads

Post by welsh wendy »

Hello :)

I store my unused threads on the cards and make sure they are marked with the number of the thread and not symbols.

I found this to my advantage the other day when the project I was doing was slightly short of one colour. I did not have it in my thread boxes so I had a rummage through my stored threads and found enough to finnish the picture. :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I store extra threads in boxes on bobbins with the numbers written on the ends. But then I only really have DMC and Caron threads hanging around.

If I have threads left over from a kit, I keep them attached to the thread organiser and together with the chart in a bag. Those seem to be mostly Anchor. Curious.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

I store all my threads on bobbins in boxes, in number order. Just recently managed to get almost all DMC threads and get them onto bobbins.
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi

I have recently started using thread bows. I store all my new skiens on them, it saves winding onto a bobbin. I have mostly DMC, and DMC print little stickers with all the code numbers on, so its dead easy. Any threads left over from kits and the like, especially when they are shorter peices, I put onto bobbins, and store in the plastic storage boxs. Naturally I write the thrread number and make ie anchor/dmc, if its from a kit, I write on the back of the bobbin which kit it came from. This has come in handy a few times when Ive been stitching a kit from the same series and ran out of thread!
yiotas-xstitch

Post by yiotas-xstitch »

I always keep all unused threads organized in a box. I keep the left over threads separately and sometimes, I don't even follow the pattern's instructions on the thread list, I just use similar left over colors. This way I always use my left over threads.

I too organize them by thread number.