Review sites you've ordered from

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Borgessa

Re: Review sites you've ordered from

Post by Borgessa »

kiwirach wrote:
thanks for this list, i'll need to know where to splash the cash once i've settled!.
Christchurch does have Broomfields, and Hands, so hopefully they'll keep me stocked before i have to look at shipping costs!.
I don't know where you are, but I'm in Auckland, If you are up this way, there is the Ribbon rose, in Mt Wellington, and The Embroiderer, which I think is in Birkenhead (North Shore) There is another one in Henderson, though I don't know the name. Both the Ribbon Rose and The Embroiderer, have online stores, but they are just not that good. The stores themselves are, but what they display they have online and what they actually have two different things.

I did find an NZ site where I can buy floss for $1.30 a skien, DMC. They are 180 locally, if you want that addy, Pm me, as I am unsure of the rules here about links to shops.
littlejess

Post by littlejess »

sewandso is an amazing UK website, recieved everything within two days of ordering, couldn't be happier!

I unforuntately have a very negative review about:
http://www.cross-stitch-heaven.co.uk/" target="_blank

They were the first site I ordered from and it was a large one, 25 different threads, fabric, plastic snap frame and a DMC binder. Everything was in stock on the website and I received an email saying they got my order.

THREE WEEKS passed with no delivery, no explanation emails, nothing. As far as I knew they'd taken my money and planned to do nothing else!

I emailed them asking was was going on (as politely as I could, this was a UK company, how had it taken so long?) I got an email an hour later stating half of my order was out of stock (even though the website didn't say so) they THEN sent me a very snooty email stating I'd got an email saying it was out of stock (funny when I'd had 3 weeks of nothing, and only AFTER I'd send them one!) And that they were waiting for an order from france.

Anyway it took a further two weeks to receive my order. So they do not keep their website updated with stock, and you wont hear anything from them if there is a problem their end!

I was extremely disappointed. However overjoyed with sewandsos service :)
Current WIP: my mothers wedding photo stitched!
My craft/art blog: http://littlejessknits.blogspot.co.uk/" target="_blank
vicsg

Post by vicsg »

I've never had a problem with sew and so but I recently had problems with colray crafts so I wouldn't recommend using them
LydiaZ

Post by LydiaZ »

I like Herrschnerrs alot. Nice variety and good prices and shipping. Anyone order patterns from crossstitch.com? What do you think?
LydiaZ
Looking for a great project
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

I had a great experience with http://sewing-online.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank a site based in UK.
I recently bought a crafter magnifier lamp from them and they were very fast to deliver, good price and shipping expenses and with great customer service.
EDIT to add: I had a misunderstanding about the item I bought and I have to report that their post sale customer service is as great as the pre sale.
Last edited by Oriettait on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
backafteradozenyrs

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

I've previously ordered from Stoney Creek with great success.

http://store.stoneycreek.com/stoney-cre ... ns-c4.aspx" target="_blank

However, I made an order early Monday morning, it has read "In Process" since Monday at noontime but my payment has already cleared my bank account. I don't really like to see my payment made until SOMETHING happens with my order, y'all know what I mean?

Has anyone else used them lately & what was your experience.
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
Pixie22

Post by Pixie22 »

sewandso is an amazing UK website, recieved everything within two days of ordering!!! Couldn't be happier! But when i search for a kit - I use http://cross-stitch-catalogue.com" target="_blank , which basicly has all sewandso + couple other trusted sites (as far I know ofcourse) - so that's where i'd go if you need to find a chart but don't know who could sell it.

Nontheless - I have a very negative review about http://www.cross-stitch-heaven.co.uk/" target="_blank

They were the first site I ordered from and it was a large one, 25 different threads, fabric, plastic snap frame. Everything was in stock on the website and I received an email saying they got my order.

Four weeks passed with no delivery, no explanation emails, nothing. As far as I knew they'd taken my money and planned to do nothing else. After my reminder email i sent them - they appologised that most of items i ordered were out of stock... what a joke.
fccs

Post by fccs »

backafteradozenyrs wrote:I've previously ordered from Stoney Creek with great success.

Has anyone else used them lately & what was your experience.
I ordered from them in December with no problems (other than I didn't get the order as quickly as I would like). I would give them a call; they're a big, reputable company and should be able to help you figure out what the holdup is. I wish every on-line site had as much order detail as Amazon; there you know exactly where your order is in the process. I need that. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
meganh

Post by meganh »

I order mostly from 123... but have used Needle in Haystack for a few specialty items. I am excited to try some of the suggestions here though since I don't have a LNS. especially this sew and so so many of you have mentioned!
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
Derbygirl

Post by Derbygirl »

I love The Silver Needle and Nordic Needle. They both have wonderful customer service.
CeCe

Post by CeCe »

Has anyone ordered from mysticstitch.com?

I live in Northern California, and there aren't any cross stitch stores near me. Jo-ann's and Hobby Lobby together have a good selection of supplies (though neither store has a complete selection). However, both Jo-Ann's and Hobby Lobby have an almost non-existent pattern selection except for kits. I don't prefer kits personally so I decided to order on line.

I found Mysticstitch.com and loved, loved, LOVED their patterns, plus they were having a sale! :applesauce: I ordered several patterns and 10 days later my order still says processing on their site, and I have received nothing in the mail. :( I'm so frustrated. I was really looking forward to starting a new project. :tantrum: I sent them a note today saying if they had not sent out my order than to give me a refund.

I'm really interested to know if anyone else has ordered from Mystic Stitch and what their experience as been
adeliane

Post by adeliane »

My suppliers are european and mainly french.

Univers Broderie: it was THE reference 10 years ago. They had everything. Now there are fewer references and they sell "classical" patterns. Few US patterns. It's a good choice if I need DMC fabrics. I had issues with TreadworXs, these threads are not regularly replenished (I waited more than 4 month but they send it while I had forgotten my command).

Une Mercerie à la Campagne: A one person shop. She is always kind and reactive. I never had any problems and my orders are quickly send. European and US designers.

Canevas.com: Do you want a kit? You have it! when UB hasn't what I wanted to buy, this is my second-hand shop. I've never been disappointed.

Chibi Stitches: A one person shop selling foreign patterns (mainly Asiatic). She's very kind, you can order patterns which are not on her catalog's shop and you can contact her by e-mail or FB.

Sew it all: I love their stuff but I prefer shopping their fabrics in shows.

Annick Abrial: a one-person shop. she dyes her own threads and fabrics and I really love her patterns. I never had problems.
My Photostream ~ Finished Projects
ddunat

Post by ddunat »

The service I have received from The Drawn Thread has been stellar; however, it is all her (the Drawn Thread's) designs along with a full complement of fabrics and silk threads. The package comes within a couple of days, wrapped in dragonfly tissue. I love Drawn Thread patterns so have ordered from there numerous times.

http://www.drawnthread.com" target="_blank

Darlene
speart

Post by speart »

I see this has been an ongoing discussion for a few years, so perhaps my faves are in here "somewhere." Just in case...

Stitching Bits N Bobs: Bobbie is GREAT! Great service, incredible seasonal and fun sales

Elegant stitch: I've only bought fabric thus far. She cuts to the inch and even serges the edges. All fabric comes wrapped in tissue with a gold seal. Every package feels like a special present.
afdish

Post by afdish »

CeCe wrote:Has anyone ordered from mysticstitch.com?

I found Mysticstitch.com and loved, loved, LOVED their patterns, plus they were having a sale! :applesauce: I ordered several patterns and 10 days later my order still says processing on their site, and I have received nothing in the mail.
I have ordered from Mystic Stitch several times in the past. They do have gorgeous patterns and awesome sales. The only problem is that if you order during a sale, due to the volume of orders they get, processing can take a bit longer. When contacted them they were very nice. One time when they sent me the wrong pattern, I contacted them and they immediately shipped out the correct pattern, and told me to keep the first one.
Happy Stitching!
- Tricia
aka afdish
============

WIPS:
American Flag
Young at Heart (small)
Lighthouse scene
2014 Finishes:
Primitive Santa (old UFO)
Swan - AAN
Dragon Without My Coffee
Love Owl (#1 & 2)
Jrussell

Post by Jrussell »

Recently ordered from cross stitch heaven and was very pleased with delivery and cost.
CeCe

Post by CeCe »

afdish wrote:
I have ordered from Mystic Stitch several times in the past. They do have gorgeous patterns and awesome sales. The only problem is that if you order during a sale, due to the volume of orders they get, processing can take a bit longer. When contacted them they were very nice. One time when they sent me the wrong pattern, I contacted them and they immediately shipped out the correct pattern, and told me to keep the first one.
You're probably right. I'll be the first to admit patience is NOT my virture! lol :) Perhaps I'll send a not and suggest they have add a "Back Order" status to accounts so customers can set their expectations for a longer delivery time.
stitchhappy18

Post by stitchhappy18 »

I found a new site at the beginning of March.

http://www.frenchneedle.com/" target="_blank

I was looking for the beautiful patterns that natabozianu has been posting.

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =botanique" target="_blank" target="_blank"

They are patterns from France and the company website was only available in French which I do not speak. I found a US company, The French Needle, who had other patterns by the same designer. I emailed to ask if they would ever stock some of the other flower designs. Quite surprisingly they emailed me back within an hour and on a Sunday no less. Lisa, the owner, said she was getting ready to order from France and would add any of the patterns I wanted to her order. I emailed her my selections and in two weeks she emailed me to say they were up on the website. I ordered last Tuesday and less than a week later I have them in hand.

I will definitely be placing more orders with this company in the future. The patterns/kits are certainly not the cheapest, but considering that they are imported and I don't have to go through the headache of ordering them direct from France it is definitely worth it. Also their website states that they are happy to help with translating the instructions which would be helpful to those who do not speak French.

Also orders over $75 ship for free.
Lisa

Current WIPS:
PSS 12 Days of Christmas
FPS Trick or Treat
Mary Hickmott - Barn Owl
Fleur de Lys Tree
FPS National Parks

2016 Finishes

Filigree Heart
Damask Square
Wash & Pray
Finch
Needleworker
Spooked!
mesonoxy

Post by mesonoxy »

Will definitely be trying Sew and So based on the many positive reviews!

My $0.02 is about Ozstitch.com.au. Probably only relevant for Aussie folks :) I placed just a small order but it arrived very fast (two business days after ordering, when Australia Post said it would probably take three). Their method of selling fabric is good - you can buy by the fat quarter, half metre or full metre (other sites will only let you buy a metre-wide width, increasing by 10cm increments). They also emailed me back same day regarding washing instructions.

They don't have anywhere near the range of other overseas stores but if you're in Australia and need something in a hurry, they seem like a good option.

I'm currently eyeing off Serenity Stitchworks (http://serenitystitchworks.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank) - got my eye on some of the vintage travel posters! Does anyone have experience with this company?
catnip777

Post by catnip777 »

My favorite sites are:

123stitch.com: Fast and knowledgeble service. Always answers questions quickly! Very helpful.

elegantstitch.com: I haven't ordered in some time, but when I did, she was quick and opening up the package was like Christmas. Everything was nicely packaged.

needlecraftcorner.com: This is a brick and mortar store in Baltimore, MD. They have monthly sales. They update their website with new arrivals as well. I usually order over the phone or email.

frostedpumpkin= just discovered this designer and ordered a pattern this week. Instant gratification via PDF.

Etsy- there are a variety of great patterns/stores- too many to list. Lots of quirky and modern designs.