Review sites you've ordered from

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Corey.G

Review sites you've ordered from

Post by Corey.G »

I would like to hear about sites you've ordered from a d what your experienced have been.

I ordered some stuff a while back from 123stitch.com and the customer service was good. They have a great selection. Including some HAED's and some nice fabric choices. They're shipping was good, but they're updating of where it was did lack. When i went to go pick it up it still says it was just shipped out. I'd order from there again though.

Well I got a bit of an early Christmas present a few days ago. I ordered from a Canadian site (shipping is cheaper) called Herschners (I hope hats spelled right) and they sent me a catalogue free. I would definitely deal with them again, I really enjoyed the selection they had. And the fact they sent me a catalogue free is nice and the customer service was really good. It's nice to look through an all cross stitch and a bit of embroidery and latch hook designs. I've never seen an actual catalogue of cross stitch.
Fizzbw

Re: Review sites you've odered from

Post by Fizzbw »

Sew and So is awesome, utterly brilliant. Looking forward to their new and improved website.

Niki x
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
kell

Post by kell »

Sew and So - brilliant. Never had any disappointment from them. Always fast and accurate and have great prices.

Polstitches - gorgeous stuff, quick delivery and fairly decent prices.
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

Number one for me is 123 stitch. Also like Herrschner's a lot. Keepsake Needle Arts is very good too for fast and very nice customer service.
Pam
dwitt

Post by dwitt »

123stitch.com is great! Good selection and fast and inexpensive shipping :D

ABC Stitch Therapy is NOT good. See my thread in the general section named "Horrible Experience!!!! Very Upset :-("
Desiree Witt
It’s not not IF you will recover but WHEN you will.
You can NEVER have too many cross stitch patterns! :D
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Sew & So is my absolute favourite. Superfast and very cheap shipping, good range of products, used them maybe 7 or 8 times.

I've only used Polstitches once, but I was impressed with the fabric I bought and the speed at which it arrived.

Stitcher - used them only once to buy a kit I couldn't find anywhere else and they were very good too.

Katzxstitch and Westbbc on ebay - can't fault them for cheap floss.
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Carole

Post by Carole »

SewandSo are the main one that I use. They're reliable, have a great range, and the customer service is excellent.

I've also used KatzXstitch for floss and thought they were very good.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Sew and So - without question the best. I emailed the guys there a DMC list from a chart of theirs and they matched the colours as best they could to Gentle Arts threads. Brilliant service! I'm also looking forward to their new website.

Celtic Rose - different charts and excellent personal service.
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
mig-3

Post by mig-3 »

Picture this Plus: Excellent in every way. Very good product line, especially their fabric. It’s the best hand dyed fabric I’ve found and is available in a very wide array of fabric types. Pricing and shipping costs are very good. Customer service is top notch and is always an enjoyable experience. These are truly nice people who are stitchers themselves and care about their product and customers. I cannot recommend this highly enough.

123stitch.com: Very good product, selection, pricing and shipping rates. One of the best for general cross stitch supplies.

ABC Stitch Therapy: Very good selection of charts & kits, including some hard to find and lesser known designs. They carry a good variety of some hard to find fibers & embellishments. Prices are good to average. Shipping is okay, but a bit steep for one or two small items. For anyone ordering from them for the first time, I strongly suggest they thoroughly read “How to order.” Just click on the “Ordering” tab. Forewarned is forearmed. I’ve never had a bad experience with them and recommend them…as long as one understands and accepts their inventory policies.

Nordic Needle: Hardanger heaven. They specialize in products from a variety of stitching genres with lots of esoteric & hard to find items without forgetting the general cross stitcher. Pricing & shipping can be a bit higher than some other sites, but the variety makes up for it. Be sure to check out their fabric ordering scheme. I’ve found it often reduces my overall fabric cost. If you like variety in your stitching or trying new things, take some time & explore their site.

Europeanxs.com: Specialize in serious “niche” designs & designers. It’s my boutique site for serious projects. Product is top notch. Their kits are true kits with complete individual skeins of fibers and packing of embellishments. No pre-carded or rattail knots of crappy thread. Pricing and shipping are very fair. My experience with their customer service was very good. Highly recommended.

The Victoria Sampler: Stunning, heirloom-quality designs for hardanger buffs or those who enjoy specialty stitches. Their learning kits & simpler designs make it easy for stitchers with average abilities to broaden their skills. They have very good pricing, shipping and customer service.
Jarvis
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

Sew and So - The best, in the UK, by far. Nothing more I can say!!

Tandem Cottage - Cheap floss and they bobbin them for you, for free!! Bit slower than Sew and So, but still good.

Celtic Rose - Excellent service and very friendly.
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
Vega

Post by Vega »

Herrschner's - I've had some wonderful experiences with them. Very happy with the products and shipping time. The only let down I've experienced is sale items going out of stock and the quantities not being updated in time. But that's a risk one takes ordering online.

I just placed my first order with 1-2-3- stitch yesterday. As well as an order with Austiners. I'll update my opinion of both when the packages arrive! :D
Rose

Post by Rose »

Thought it would be nice to save this were the information was not lost/hard to find.

I don't order alot on-line but the few times I have the response has been positive.

Got a kit and fabric from 123 Stitch. I had good communication and also fast service.

Got fabric from Silkweaver and the fabric is beautiful. I currently have an order on going with them. Hope to see it soon.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
MaggieM1750

Re: Review sites you've ordered from

Post by MaggieM1750 »

I don't order much online but I really like Nordic Needle in Fargo ND. They are an actual store that has been around for at least 20 years as well as having a pretty extensive website and catalog. They send out regular newsletters and product announcements on subjects you select. One of the owners designs Hardanger patterns.. which does seem to be their main focus but they are very knowledgeable on all things stitchy. The items I have ordered, I've received quickly, and they've thrown in extras depending on my spending level.

And Yarn Tree from Des Moines IA (I think). They are a wholesale needlework supplier but also sell to regular stitchers (Although they do try and direct you to buy from your local needlework store if you have one). They are not good for buying floss or fabric from.. large quantities only.. but good for everything else.. printed charts, finishing supplies, tools, etc. And their website has the fabric calculator I find most helpful.

With both companies, I may order things just once or twice a year. I have 2 stitchy stores near me and prefer to shop there when I need things. I order more often from Nordic Needle than Yarn Tree. I live about 4 hours from either place so I receive my packages within a day or two of ordering. But I've never had problems purchasing, returning or shipping with either one.
Vega

Post by Vega »

Austiners Great companyin my opinon!
I've never ordered from them, but took a chance on some great priced ornaments. I like the site because it shows how many of the item they have in stock. I'm sure the count isn't 100% correct all the time, but the items that only had 2 or 3 left were no longer appearing on their site the following day.
The shipping was incredibly fast. I placed the order around 5pm on Tuesday. Received an email that it was shipped on Wed. afternoon, with a tracking #. And the package arrived Friday afternoon!
And as a bonus, they also have online coupon codes. I found one for 10% off orders of $50 just by doing a quick Yahoo search for "Austiners coupon code".
DraconicWench

Post by DraconicWench »

Herrschner's is absolutely wonderful and has a nice array of patterns.

Heaven and Earth Designs, well, I can't gush about them enough. The owner has helped me many times due to cat related errors. :shock:

I can't say enough good things about Silkweaver. They are a wonderful company with beautiful hand dyed colors.

Everything Cross Stitch has very quick shipping and helped me with many a gifts.
Lynn
She who waits, also serves.

WIPs
Jungle Safari BA for baby J

2012 HDs
Anatomically correct heart
Midge

Post by Midge »

Stitching Bits and Bobs. I'm in UK and they are in the States, I received my order in less than 2 weeks. Great communication from them too.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'll second that; when I was putting together colours for a project, they were tireless in their help comparing shades of silk to DMC colours for me!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Trylla

Post by Trylla »

I recently tried Sew and So - the service and speed was excellent, and I'm in Canada!! I loved the email updates of when and where things were happening with my shipment. I felt in-the-know and greatly appreciated that.

NeedleworkCorner.com - the product I received was quite nice, but it took forever and the tracking link they gave me never seemed to update. I emailed and called them several times and never got a response. Terrible customer service! I won't order from them again.
Trylla
WIP
Drama Queen - custom chart (skitzzzzz)

My Blog
koko

Post by koko »

I make most of my purchases online because my LNS has very limited hours and usually are only open while I'm at work, and the Michael's in my area does not have a good selection at all. Some of the sites I have tried:

123 Stitch: Love this site - amazing selection of patterns, threads, fabrics, embellishments, etc. Quick and inexpensive shipping, wonderful customer service, will special order anything you can't find in their stock.

Picture This Plus: Beautiful hand-dyed fabrics and great customer service. For my last purchase I actually sent them a picture of the design and described the effect I was looking for and they suggested which fabric would work best (and they were right - the fabric is perfect!)

Silkweavers: Love their hand-dyed fabric but their customer service has gone downhill since they were bought by Zweigart. I just placed another order with them - hopefully their issues have been worked out now that the ownership transition is over.

ABC Stitch Therapy: Great selection of patterns & threads, but service is not very good. Shipment is slow and they do not communicate to you if something is out of stock.

monsterbubbles: Designer with fabulous patterns and great customer service.

European Cross Stitch: Just used them for the first time last month and was very happy with my purchase. I purchased a kit to go along with one of the Chatelaine Designs - very expensive but everything was well-labeled, packaged nicely and arrived quickly.

Frames By Mail: Love this site for framing my work - they do custom sized frames and matting at very reasonable prices. You have to do some assembly yourself, but the frames & mats are high-quality, at about 1/4 or less than the price you would pay to get it professionally framed.
Kim

2011 Projects:

Current:
Floral Hand-Towels
Various Christmas Cards / Presents

Long-Term WIP's:
Chatelaine Hummingbird Mandala
Dunnotar Castle - 23,718 of 60,368 stitches
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Sew and so - Excellent and very quick.

Heaven and earth designs - Very good customer service.

Celtic rose - Very good

Jann designs - Excellent and very quick
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed