Review sites you've ordered from

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Fizzbw

Re: Review sites you've ordered from

Post by Fizzbw »

I've always had great service from SewandSo and they also helped me match some tapestry wools over the phone as well and did a great job.

The other non-stitching site I've had great service from is ezeframe - they made the frame beautifully, exactly as it is on the website, quickly and it was delivered in the exact hour they texted me to say it would!

http://www.ezeframe.co.uk/" target="_blank

I also buy floss from ebay from westbbc and Katz and stitchitywitchity

Niki x
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

This may not be very relevant to other members but I've had such good service from this shop I just want to sing their praises! Because I've got family and a bank account in the Netherlands even though I now live in the UK, I occasionally order from Dutch shops.

Over the past year I've ordered several times from http://www.hardanger.nl" target="_blank who sell Zweigart fabrics and so on. Threads are expensive, but the fabric is good value depending on what the pound and the euro are doing. I pay by bank transfer from my Dutch account and then have the parcel shipped to my mother, who brings it when she visits. Usually the invoice is in the parcel, but of course I get that a lot later so can't pay immediately, so I asked them to email me the invoice, but twice now the fabric had been delivered to my mother before I'd even had their email saying no rush, just pay when I get the parcel! Now there's customer service for you :-)!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

I sent two separate orders one day after the other to Willow Fabrics, (who are actually only eight miles away from my home..wish I could browse in their warehouse) last week and they combined the orders saving me just over £2.00,it was unexpected but very welcome and the service, as usual was quick.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
Pengwenn

Post by Pengwenn »

I :wub: LOVE :wub: 123stitch.com. I've order many things from them and always get them really quick.

I use to order a lot from silkweavers.com before they switched ownership. I loved looking at those solo pices every week and picking up a few. I haven't ordered from them since the change because I now have way more fabric than I need but I've got my eye on a few larger pieces for projects so I might place an order soon.

I've also ordered from Nordic Needle several times and love them. I don't like that sometimes their sale items are out of stock but they don't update their website. I ordered some fabric this summer but I didn't get it until November. You can always cancel the out of stock items or just wait and when they come in they'll bill you and send them automatically.

There's another site I've ordered from called Cross Stitch Heaven (http://www.bluegroovecrafts.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank). The jury is still out on this one. The only two places I've been able to find 25ct magic guide evenweave is this site and one in Australia. Since I've seen a few people rave about this site I thought I would try them. I placed the order of 1 HAED sized piece and one full metre on Dec 14th. When I hadn't got my package by Jan 15th I emailed them. I got a response right away and said they would send another package out if I wanted. Due to the storms over the xmas holiday I said I would wait until couple of weeks. I still haven't received the package. I need to contact them again but I'm hesitant of having them send a second package if the first one didn't get here so I might ask for a refund and then try the Australia site (I can't remember the name and the bookmark isn't on this computer).
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
gyork

Post by gyork »

I have now ordered twice from xstitchcrafts.com great service keep you up to date if any out of stock (one of my orders out of stock and she emailed me to see if later delivery was okay) don't get that very often, really good
prices too
Gillian

W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
dollystitcher

Post by dollystitcher »

Willow Fabrics and Sew and SO, both give excellent service :applesauce:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
paul

Post by paul »

The happy stitcher is my favourite, free delivery 1st class so it comes a day or two after I've ordered it. Great if you need something fast.
Finished:
Massive Disney design
Freddie mercury (for my mum)
Ocras at play.
Dolphins.
koko

Post by koko »

I just ordered a floor stand from American Dreams and was very pleased. They shipped the same day I placed my order & sent me tracking information as soon as it shipped. Everything was well packaged and the instructions to assemble the stand were easy to follow. The stand is very sturdy and has a very nice oak finish. I would definitely order from them again. :D
Kim

2011 Projects:

Current:
Floral Hand-Towels
Various Christmas Cards / Presents

Long-Term WIP's:
Chatelaine Hummingbird Mandala
Dunnotar Castle - 23,718 of 60,368 stitches
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Pearsall's: ordered Friday, received Monday morning. Also got an email from them, as they had noticed I'd ordered relatively recently, inviting me to drop by their stand at the SECC craft show in Glasgow. Might just do that.
Sarah-M

Post by Sarah-M »

I've only been stitching for a short time, and don't have any craft shops near by so have had to rely on the internet.

http://stores.ebay.ie/taxfreedmc - Sue is based on Jersey and is a DMC Main Agent. Very quick turnaround on orders.

http://stores.ebay.ie/katzxstitchshop - I love looking through the listings from Kat and Neil on ebay.
WIP
Easter Cards
A Dictionary of Bags-Bothy
Happily Ever After (ring cushion)

Finished 2011
http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j33 ... ed%202011/" target="_blank
Nina

Post by Nina »

I have to recommend Art of Stitch:

http://theartofstitch.com/index.php?main_page=index" target="_blank

I've purchased from them many times and have never any kind of problems.
HAED wip's: SHH Now ~ QS A Bunch of Love ~ Diamond ~ Wrath ~ Evolutionistic ~ Mermaid (Marchetti)~ Sunrise ~ Garnet ~ Cerridwen ~ SK Blue Moon (2012 SAL)

I See the Light ~ PR Mystery SAL

My blog
koko

Post by koko »

I ordered buttons for the knitting needle case I am making from The Sewing Place a couple of weeks ago. I placed the order, then received an email saying that the items I wanted were out of stock. They suggested a couple of other options, which I did not like for this project. I had another look at the website and decided on a replacement, and asked them to order those instead. I received my buttons less than a week later, with a note that said they were not charging me anything because of the inconvenience of them being out of stock of the original item I wanted! I was very shocked & pleased, and will definitely buy from them again! That is way above and beyond customer service!!!
Kim

2011 Projects:

Current:
Floral Hand-Towels
Various Christmas Cards / Presents

Long-Term WIP's:
Chatelaine Hummingbird Mandala
Dunnotar Castle - 23,718 of 60,368 stitches
OctoberLace

Post by OctoberLace »

I recently ordered several charts directly from Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED). I really liked the convenience of receiving digital .pdf charts. It allows me to re-print pages that get a bit worn with use, and I took the supply pages with me to shop for floss.
OctoberLace
Active WIPs:
Gigi R's Belles-Lettres D
HAED Angel with Iris (Strelkina)
Pelin Tezer's Berlin Work Sampler
HAED Sistine Chapel
Blog: http://octoberlace.blogspot.com/
Vega

Post by Vega »

HAED have really wonderful customer service as well!

I purchased 2 charts earlier this week and 1 didn't download properly. When I went back to the site it had already expired. I sent a quick email to Michele explaining what had happened, within a few hours I had the chart saved to my computer! :D
Vega

Post by Vega »

I just sent another email after I read your post and it looks like they fixed it! I'll have to wait 'til I go home and check though. Thanks for sharing your story since it helped me get better service! :dance:
Happy they were able to fix the problem! If it isn't fixed through the site ask her to email you a copy instead. :wink: Another chart I ordered didn't have the thread usage list with it. She emailed that to me without problem as well.
lwelizabeth

Post by lwelizabeth »

Nina wrote:I have to recommend Art of Stitch:

http://theartofstitch.com/index.php?main_page=index" target="_blank" target="_blank

I've purchased from them many times and have never any kind of problems.
I second the Art of Stitch. I was finally able to find a near impossible to find chart on their site, and it arrived today. If I remember correctly, I ordered it on the 15th so about two weeks to ship which isn't a horrible shipping time at all! :dance:
Current Projects:Majestic Eagle
Finished: See Hear Speak Love, Pooh 123
Blog: Speakin Up Now

Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful is about to happen.
Theresay

Post by Theresay »

Heaven and Earth Designs: Great selection of charts. I love the digital format, saves me a lot of shelf space :)

Mystic Stitch: Before I found HAED, this was my favorite place for charts. Like HAED, they have tons of great designs from various artists. It's been a while since I ordered from them, but I think the shipping usually takes about 1 to 2 weeks.

http://www.juliesxstitch.com" target="_blank: it's a one-person company, but the owner is knowledgeable, and great to work with. She always responds to me within 24 hours. Once I asked her about the price of a complete collection of Anchor's Marlitt thread, not only did she responded the next day, she immediately put up a listing for the collection on her site for my convenience. It usually takes about 2 weeks for my orders to arrive.
WIP: Hanging Fairy Lights by Meredith Dillman (HAED)
Nature's Little Helper by Jim Warren (HAED)
Dolphin Connection (Mystic Stitch)

UFO: The Dreamer (Mirabilia)
Projects in Waiting:
Fairy Hallow (Mystic Stitch)
And many more......
BuffyLove

Post by BuffyLove »

I don't have a craft shop near me so mainly shop online. Sew and so were brilliant in terms of value and speed of delivery. Also, geckorouge.com because I love the designs. They're customer service is amazing and when I recently re-ordered they emailed me personally to check on progress with the pattern I bought for my first purchase. You don't often get that kind of personal touch!
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

I've had really great service from most places I've ordered from. My favorite all-around stitching site is 123 Stitch. I also like Nordic Needle and Hershnerrs.

HAED is, hands down, my favorite designer and they have absolutely impeccable service!

One I have had a horrible transaction with is xstitch4u. It is a UK company and part of Colray Crafts, which I know some of you really like. I ordered some things back in January. Received part of the order after a few weeks and can't get them to respond or refund me for the part they didn't send. I have emailed them several times and never receive a response... Lesson learned, I guess. :(
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
shjordon

Post by shjordon »

I don't use paypal or credit, so when I order, I have to wait for my check to clear before shipping (it also leaves me shopping with ONLY the companies who send out print catalogs.

I ordered some dmc sparkly aida fabric from Herrschners, and they were great. Even with waiting for check to clear and mail delivery times, I had the fabric within 2 weeks. :D
Sheila