Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Hello, I am Cherry & have just joined. Don't get out & about like I used to & a friend suggested I join some forums. Signed up to a knitting one & been looking for x-st one & liked the look of this forum. Saw the fablous knitted garments on here the lady has made as well as x-st which is nice. Seen the Other Crafts heading but not looked at that yet.
Thank you

Cherry :wave:
Cherry :tea:
Serinde

Re: new member

Post by Serinde »

Hi, Cherry, and a big summer welcome to the forum from the :sun: West of Scotland! :wave: We do have some very fine knitters and crafters in general on the CSF, so explore to your heart's content. We also have a few extras not often found on the Interwebs: the Stash & Grab is our local pub where everything (legal) is available and nothing is fattening or intoxicating in real life. There is also -- through that revolving door -- St Cross Stitchers infirmary, where wobbly stitchers are occasionally found. Through those french doors, you will see the gardens and the loch, complete with treehouse, where scones and cakes are served at any time of the day.

We love photos :camera: , so do feel free to start a SAL thread to show us what you have been working on. Oh, and no question is ever silly. If you can't find the answer you're looking for by using the search facility, just ask! :D
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Thank you for welcome. I thought & may have to wait 24hrs before my posts were put on here. Sounds fab place with own pub, tree house & infirmary. Scones in tree house sound great esp. as everything calorie free, just my cup of tea. Is the tree house accessed easily, can't climb too many steps or hang on to rope ladders. Get good view of the land from up there.

Don't usually take pics of my work but will from now on. Love bright coloured kits. Mostly do kits - done a few charts & have a book of garden designs. Found blackwork book this morning - forgotten I had it.

Cherry :wave:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Welcome from me in SW France.

As the Tree House like the Stash and Grab and St Cross Stitchers are virtual there will be no problem entering or leaving any of these places! I've 'seen' people just elevating themselves onto the platform with no effort needed!

It is required to be just a wee bit nutty to be here sometimes. We love eccentricity and imagination! :wink:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome from South Carolina! I'm so glad you found us. There is so much to explore. As Serinde and Wendy both said, the Stash and Grab and all the other virtual features we provide makes this a very special and unique forum. The only thing you have to look out for is our propensity to motivate and encourage you to increase your own stash and to try new things, designers as well as stash. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

wendywombat wrote::wave: Welcome from me in SW France.

As the Tree House like the Stash and Grab and St Cross Stitchers are virtual there will be no problem entering or leaving any of these places! I've 'seen' people just elevating themselves onto the platform with no effort needed!

It is required to be just a wee bit nutty to be here sometimes. We love eccentricity and imagination! :wink:
Thank you. Instant elevation to tree house. Like the sound of that. And I do fit in with the eccentricity & imagination as not everyone understands my sense of humour - even tho I think something is funny often get blank looks or else pitying ones!

Take it the cream with the scrumptious scones is best Cornish clotted with yummy black cherry jam? I'm not fussy you understand, just like to know what I am getting :lol: Guess as it is virtual you can have what you like.

Look forward to exploring all parts of this forum & I will ask if I am not sure of anything. Nice to know that no question is a silly question as mentioned in the first welcome reply I received.
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Thank you for message from SC. I can see what you mean as I look through the WIP & the items members buy. So many enticing & exciting new things to buy & try.

Yesterday bought knitting & crochet magazine, tho I knit not done crochet. Came with needles/hook & yarn - on front it had easy pattern for beginners - a cute crochet hippo. Just thought, rather appropriate as I have put on some weight over past few years. I would not cause a tsunami if I dunked in the sea tho :lol:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Greetings from Florida!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Thank you
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: :wave: Hi Cherry and Welcome from chilly wet Brisbane It is great that you have joined us. I like the idea of black cherry jam, never had that but will try it out next time I go to the (virtual) hospital. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Thank you. Like your avatar, cute squirrel. Sally Squirrel has a certain ring to it :D
a lot of
I must add ' UK ' to my records. Still have bits to sort out & sections to read.. Don't think of Brisbane as having rain thought it was always sunny :) I know mid summer it does become extremely hot doesn't it? My in-laws went to see family they'd not seen for many years, Maroochydore (spelling) area. MIL said so hot, she had to keep having showers. Her hair & skin became dry in the 3 weeks they spent out there. But, she really loved the fact her brother had fruit trees in his garden so able to enjoy fruit at their best.

Hope you don't need to be in the virtual hospital but I am sure black cherry jam will aid nay recovery, but then I am biased as it is my favourite :D
Carolyn 23

Post by Carolyn 23 »

Hi from cold Canberra I'm Carolyn new myself
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Hi & thank you Carolyn. Have just realised in Oz you are wintertime. Does it become very hot i n summer same as Brisbane & Sydney?
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hello and welcome! :wave:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Thank you Helene :wave: What a lovely name you have :)
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Cherry, I live in Brisbane and yes it does get very warm and sometimes hot. It is the humidity which makes it worse. Most times we are from 30 to 34/35c but humidity can be up to 90% but no rain falls - it evaporates on its way down! Takes a bit of getting used to that is for sure. Now of course, it is our 'winter' and it has been definitely much colder this year so far. Currently it is around 20c but may head up once the showers head out.

Mainly we only have 2 seasons The Wet - spring and summer and the dry is autumn and winter - but maybe not this year. One never knows what the weather will do. :).
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum from Germany! :wave:
Sina
cherryblossomz

Post by cherryblossomz »

Thank you & also thank you for explaining about weather Sally
poppy

Post by poppy »

cherryblossomz wrote:Thank you Helene What a lovely name you have
Thank you. :D It is French, as I was born in France but married a lovely English man... 37 years ago!

Looking forward to sharing Cross Stitch stories, photos...and any news with you on this great Forum.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell