AWKWARD THREAD WORK ? USE THREAD HEAVEN !!!

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

bagpuss

AWKWARD THREAD WORK ? USE THREAD HEAVEN !!!

Post by bagpuss »

Hi Ladies,

Anyone working with any awkward threads especially metallic. Pop out and buy yourself some "Thread Heaven" :D I do not for one moment think you will regret it. :wink:

It is like vaseline and it is fabulous. You just hold your thread over the Solid block and Press down with your fingers as you pull the thread through the wax type substance. It covers the thread and it makes it simply glide through other stitches and fabric without you having to tug the slightest bit.

Let me know how you get on ladies. :)

Happy Sunday :P

Bagpuss xxx
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi Bagpuss

Have read about it, and will definitely give it a go.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

i have been using this product for about fours years now and i would not be without it. when using those metallics threads they don't fray or break i also find a wet sponge really helps preventing regular floss to tangle and knot up. i use a special antibactera sponge that is made for cross stitching. i just wish i could remember the name of it but it works wonders

Debbie
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi

I posted my comments about thread heaven recently somewhere in the forum. I agree, Ive found it absolutely fab with the light effect threads Ive been using.

Ive found its started to get a little soft, do you think it would still work ok if I stored it in the fridge or something.

soft or not, Id reccomend it to all stitchers.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

hi i found mine got soft the more i used it and asked my supplier about it and she told me that was normal. i actally ended up making it into small balls as the bax has become empty and find it works just as well that way. also i find when using Thread heaven it wahes great as i had to put one project in the washing machine as my cat spilled tea on to my canvas Boy was i made that i ledt the cup there but i got distracted well that doesn't matter anyways the tea came out ( thank God) and the Krenik threads were still in the same condition as when i used them and i thank thread heaven and tide detergent for that

Debbie
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

I love thread heaven, I won't stitch metallics without it.

Personally I do something similar to inuyashagirl, :idea: I break a small ball free, flatten it, place the thread on top, fold the TH over and gently pull thru.

I've found this useful when the pot is getting empty as it "coats" both sides at once and doesn't drag on the edges of the little blue box. :wink:
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i love it!! i had to do a big project w/ lots of metallics..and i was going bonkers..
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

thanks everyone for your helpful comments. I've been pondering purchasing some thread heaven for my metallics and wasn't sure if it was a good quality item...but now that I know from all of the good praise it's received here,I'll pop right out to my local stitch shop and grab some.

Cheers!
Last edited by whiskers12 on Mon May 14, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

Wonderful stuff, it has saved me from pulling my hair out more than once