hi guys

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Pink Panther

hi guys

Post by Pink Panther »

just wanted to say hi and looking forward to talking to people :D
Pink Panther
bagpuss

Hello & Welcome

Post by bagpuss »

Hi Pink Panther,

I hope you are well!

It is nice to meet and welcome you to this new forum. I am always around and it is nice to be in at the off when a new forum begins.

I look forward to chatting with you soon. I am disabled and do not get out much so all friends are welcome.

Obviously I have a lot of time on my hands to do a lot of stitching and hopefully a lot more talking and meeting people.

Write a few more lines if you get time and let us know your Cross stitch accomplishments, favourites.......etc.

Hope you have had a great weekend.

Take care

Courtney :)
Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

hi bagpuss i am a married sahm with 4 boys oldest is 10 youngest is 2 I have ben stitching on and off for the last 10 years love stitching wtp and cute things but also like doing classic cars and dragons for oh but just started something for myself its a pic of a harley :D
Pink Panther
razzamatazz

Hi

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi girls, welcome Pink Panther!

My friend is interested in Harleys but I haven't seen any kits anywhere, did you buy a kit or chart, if so where can I get one? :D

Cheers
Maggie (razzamatazz)
bagpuss

Post by bagpuss »

Morning ladies,

Well, I definately stand by my words, we need a chat room.

How were your weekends? Mine was quiet. I have to take shed loads of meds and sometimes sleep for a day or two at a time, so Friday & Saturday I slept and yesterday I just stitched a little and chilled.

I am single and have been for at least 6 yrs or so, no children and have been stitching for about 20yrs. I love to stitch anything with a bit of class. I love Lavender & Lace and a few of the Mirabilia charts.
My last challenge was Celtic Christmas. I actually completed it in 1 month apart from the beads, now it is 12 months on and I still have the beads to complete.

I do love the WTP and other Disney characters and have a great friend whos daughter is a lover of tigger. I suppose not having children myself has kept me away from the cute kits. Although I do have to admit I do have a framed WTP which was stitched by another friend I met on eBay.

This is really great and it is really nice to meet more people with similar interests.

Blimey, a Harley. Do you ride one then? I like bikes but sports bikes are more to my liking. I have to agree that Harleys are beautiful beasts to look at but they also look very heavy. Are they difficult to ride? I assume you ride as you said you were doing it for yourself.

My next cross stitch challenge is going to be a design of my own. I have drawn a lady from the art deco era with the relevant arty background. All I need to do now is get the colours right and put it into form. Of course, there is always that chance that something else will catch my eye in the meantime.

What type of Classic cars have you stitched and where does the interest come from?

Well ladies, I have a little work to be getting on with so hope to catch up with you all again very soon to find out more!

Bye for now & Have a Great Day

Bagpuss :lol:
Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

razamatazz hiya its a chart mate and i brought it off ebay it was off a lady called Mrs ruffles hope that helps
bagpuss they are beautiful bikes but never been on one but would love to have the experience have to be some one i trust being a scary cat :lol:
As for the classic car interest oh is a classic nutter we own a 1963 superminx
we have had a few austin 1300 a hillman hunter 2 humber snipes and two other superminxs i will put my album on then you will be able to have a look at some of my finished x stitch pics if you would like :D
Pink Panther
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Just thought I'd say hi, too. Not quite sure what I'm doing, as experience with this sort of thing is pretty limited so hope I don't offend by accident!

A broadly-based stitching forum would be great. I used to belong to a small local group of pals who would get together to stitch and solve the world's problems (as you do), but everyone is too busy now (kids in exams, too much work, the usual).

Love cross stitch and hardanger, hope someday to pluck up the courage to try pulled work and do a bit of designing. Have ideas, but not a clue as to how to start...
bagpuss

Hi Serinde

Post by bagpuss »

Hi Serinde,

Welcome to crossstitchforum.com nice to have you on board.

Do not for 1 second worry about what you are doing. Just chat away and we will be here to chat back.

I am sure you will be pleased with the response from alex for avatars etc..... I would just like to add that as yet and as you can see we are a small community so far but have no doubt we will soon be thriving with activity. Not just chat but many other activities which will be a benefit to many users.

Lots of freebies and enough information to give everyone a different insight into all dimensions of the sewing world.

Obviously eBay is a forum for cross stitch & all types of thread work. Keep watching this space though as I do know that there will be more information with reference to your queries so far :!:

I am a cross stitch designer too, more about that another day! I did mention, I am disabled and have plenty of time on my hands to provide useful information when needed and if I do not have an answer, I will always find one.

Once again welcome and I hope you stay on board. I am sure you will enjoy this forum and what is to come, along with making many new friends.

Have a good evening one & all.

Bagpuss
aka Courtney :D
Last edited by bagpuss on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
razzamatazz

Hi Serinde

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi Serinde

Welcome! glad we are getting some more people on the forum, I think it's exciting joining early on and helping to shape the forum. I'm not a very experienced cross stitcher so I'm hoping to pick up some tips and get some support from all you more experienced stitchers

Cheers
Maggie (razzamatazz)
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi,

I just found this page - dont know how i managed to miss it up til now!!!

Technology really isnt my thing :oops:

Anyway, thought Id just say hi here too!!!

cya

Sue
bagpuss

Tut Tut

Post by bagpuss »

Hi Sue,

:lol: You did make me laugh with this little post.

Glad you found it though. I hope you are enjoying the forum. We are trying to get things going.......Forgive us if we seem to be a little slow. Alex, who is our Web Designer also has 101 other things to do but that does not mean he will be skimping on his responsibility to our site.

The competition will be showing shortly, by Monday at the latest. We have one of the designers finishing the finer details. There is a lot of work involved in designing new pages, it is amazing all the things they need to do.

Anyway, all of you that have registered and started to post are already entered into the competition. I have seen a preview of it and I think you will all be impressed. I certainly am.

Well, I had better go to check out the other posts.

Catch you all later

Bagpuss :)
Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

I see we are getting more members hi guys :D
Pink Panther
bagpuss

New Members

Post by bagpuss »

Happy Monday Pink Panther :)

It is starting to come together. I hope you have had time to look at the competition?

I am so pleased that we are starting to attract more members. Please invite your friends and family to join us and they too wil be automatically entered into the competions every month providing they get together with us all and have some fun and plenty of posts, leading to various discussions, wants, advice. etc.......

This is looking fabulous and we are happy to have everyone on board. The competitions will continue monthly and we will also be adding new features weekly and please remember, ALL of these services are completely FREE of charge. You can't lose :D

Well, I better move on to see what other topics have popped up over the weekend.

I hope you and your family had a nice weekend.

All the best

Bagpuss,
aka Courtney
Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

hi bagpuss had a good weekend thanks good to see the forum coming alive its fun joining a new forum hopefully speak soon :D
Pink Panther
Smilte23

Post by Smilte23 »

Hello to everyone :wink:

I just now found this forum and only wanted to say hi :wink: I'm from LIthuania, so sorry, for my english :oops:
Sinuhe

Post by Sinuhe »

Hello to everyone :wink:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to our Lithuanians! This is very exciting. We are becoming very cosmopolitan, which is great.

Don't ever, ever worry about your English. Just have fun "talking" to everyone.
Auschra

Post by Auschra »

Hi everyone! I'm very happy to join this forum :D and cross stitcher's community.

Hope to have a great time here with you all :)
bagpuss

Morning

Post by bagpuss »

Morning ladies,

Sorry for my absence over the last few days. I have not been too well.

I have to say, I was quite shocked :shock: to say the least. It is fantastic to find we have a good number of new registered users from all across the world.

Hello Auschra, as Serinde mentioned, please do not worry about your english, I am sure we will all get the idea. It seems just fine so far :) You may even find it helps to talk to us, you will soon pick up more english when you continue talking, making many new friends along the way.

I am sure you will have a great time with us all.

Thanks Serinde for welcoming our new guests :)

Welcome from Bagpuss. Nice to have you with us :!: :)
benske

Post by benske »

Hello to everyone :wink: it's nice to meet you :!: