Hiya everyone

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

purple_fantasy

Hiya everyone

Post by purple_fantasy »

Hiya everyone, I started stitching last year and quickly got hooked, I find it very relaxing and rewarding, i would love to do a project from a photo but im not sure how to do that, I do like fantasy things like unicorns and pagasus, anyway enough for now I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all.

Sue :D
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi Sue and welcome to the family. Am sure you will enjoy your time on here and find us really friendly always ready to offer words of encouragement or advice.

If I remember rightly Laydenwithstitches will be able to give you some pointers on how to stitch from a photo.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome to the forum. It sounds as if you are on your way to a cross-stitching addiction. Enjoy the addiction.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the damp north, too.

What are you working on just now?
purple_fantasy

Post by purple_fantasy »

Thanks for the warm welcome's, I got the Myth & Magic cross stitch book for christmas and I have just finished the small unicorn so I am going to start The princess and the unicorn today, I have just got back from town with all I need or I hope I got all I need no doubt I will have forgot something lol. I will try and get some pics sorted out at some time when i have finished.
Sue :D
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome to the group from Canada. These are a great and informative bunch of stitchers. Need to know anything, just ask and someone will be able to help. There are lots of great ideas just for the asking.
Linda
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:D Welcome Sue from very damp France. We have just spent Christmas in W Yorks with our daughter & her family. it was damp there too :shock: Have you seen the Fantasy stuff that Julie Hasler has done? Her book Fantasy Cross stitch might inspire you. There are Unicorns and Pegasus in there.
purple_fantasy

Post by purple_fantasy »

Thanks for the welcome's and thanks for the info wendywombat, i wil look into her book.
Sue :)
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

welcome :!:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
purple_fantasy

Post by purple_fantasy »

Thanks Wendywombat for telling me about the book Fantasy cross stitch by Julie Hasler i have got hold of a copy now and i have put on hold the princess and the unicorn i was going to start and i am now doing the unicorn and the pegasus but im not making them into cushions i will frame them.
P_F
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:D So pleased that I could be of help :wink: I read a very interesting article about Julie Hasler in an old copy of Cross stitch (Christmas '97) now no longer published. Fantasy stitching is not my favourite subject :? but the results are fantastic with all the gold and silver threads aren't they Look forward to seeing the results in your gallery. :wink: