Forums for newbies

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

chicabelle

Forums for newbies

Post by chicabelle »

Hello people,
I'm quite new to cross stitch and want to join as many forums and make as many new friends as possible. So far i've joined patternspatch.com cus it is really cheap every month as long as you join before January but I want to hoin more sites. Doesw anyone know of any. The charts at Patternspatch are a bit advanced for me yet, (i'm still learning the basics and am really slow!) :oops: so if anyone knows anywhere I can find some nice simple patterns that don't cost the earth I would be really grateful.

What sites do you guys belong to if you don't mind me asking?
Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Chicabelle x
Cats make the best friends - they love you unconditionally and don't stink the house out like dogs and men do!
Rose

Post by Rose »

This is a very good forum to join. We are very friendly and helpful. I am glad you have joined.

As far as patterns there are many sites that offer freebies these are usually simple but can be very fun and pretty. If you go in to our General area and look for a thread named "Internet Sites" in there are many places to look for both sites that sell and sites that have free patterns.

I like this site the best it is easy to get around and find what you want. But I am also a member of this forum http://www.cross-stitch-board.com/forum ... y.php?f=24 they have a freebies section and also some very good hints and tips.

Happy stitching and hope you come back lots with lots of questions and information to share.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hello and welcome. Don't be shy: we are quite happy for newbies to jump right in (we all did, so why shouldn't you? :) )

Check out the thread in the General section called "Question?!?!?!" to see some of the sites available.

I've been stitching for ages, and am still very slow. Thorough, but slow. :!:
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Welcome Chicabelle to the family. Hope you enjoy your time here and will put some of your work in the gallery for us to ooh and ahh over.

We were all newbies once, so don't be afraid. We are a real friendly bunch and always willing to offer words of encourage and support.

Alot of cross stitch sites have a freebie section, but one which I use alot is www.cyberstitchers.com. Hope this helps

Happy stitching
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome Chicabelle :D When I started doing cross stitch I made the mistake of trying to do a kit that was far too complicated. Then I went into my local friendly needle craft shop and they were sooo helpful. I came out with a really simple kit using Aida and having fairly large blocks of colour, so no frequent changes of threads to confuse me :? Like Serinde I am slow but I get there! It's better to enjoy what you do than get overwhelmed at the start and never stitch again.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

welcome :!: I am new here too. I also belong to the EMS board..the link is posted already..i have been there for awhile..over a year I think.
I just now decided I should see what other forums are out there..the more stitcher friends the better right?
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
purple_fantasy

Post by purple_fantasy »

hiya and welcome :):)