Hi everybody

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Hello Rose

Post by wendywombat »

I am new too, :) I have been impressed by the welcome and friendliness of everyone here :D You have just reminded me to start stitching my cards for christmas too.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome to both you new girls it is so fun to watch how well this site is doing the more members the better. I hope to see lots of your work in the gallery.

I to am in the process of coasters and towels as a christmas gift for my daughters boyfriend as well as the same for my son's girlfriend. They are both setting up there own places and I thought this would be a good gift idea. And quick for me. I will post pics when finished.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi Rose and welcome to the forum and am sure you will love it here.

Agree with Serinde about going back to aida after sewing on linen. I much prefer stitching on linen or evenweave.
Genevieve

Hi everybody

Post by Genevieve »

Hi, I've only been stitching since I retired 3 years ago, but find it really relaxing and enjoyable. At the moment I'm working on Christmas cards and some coasters as a Christmas gift for a friend. The coaster design is on 32ct Belfast linen. This is a new venture for me as, previously, I have only worked on aida. I'm half-way through and must admit it looks lovely - although I have to use my magnifying glass. I'm hoping to continue to improve my skills, so you may see posts from me asking lots of questions! :roll:
Best wishes, Rose
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum. If you have waded through all the thousands of posts, you will know that we are a friendly bunch who have an opinion on most things, whether to do with stitching or not. :D
Linen is fun to work with once you get the hang of it. The unfortunate part is that it looks so good that it's hard to go back to Aida...