Cross stitching

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mmorgan

Cross stitching

Post by mmorgan »

I am looking for a new hobby and cross stitching sounds like a lot of fun. Can you describe to me what is involved in cross stitching?

Thanks
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh, crickey! I'll have to think about this.

On one level, it's making a design on a piece of fabric using a (usually blunt) needle and some kind of fibre, like 6-stranded cotton, using a simple stitch. If you literally mean how do you do it: http://www.anniesattic.com/cross-stitch ... tent_id=95

On another level it's something else entirely. I'm not an artist, but stitching allows me to become an embroiderer.

(Help! Somebody!)
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I have always wanted to be an artist but I can't draw a straight line and crossstitching to me is painting with floss.I finally feel like an artist. It also relaxes me, It keeps my hands limber, It's a fascinating process watching your painting take on a life of its own. From a blank canvas to a work of art, it's hours, days and weeks of work. but the end result is worth it,. You created a work of art. In fact on of the stitchers in another group is stitching the sistine chapel. the original one took over 9 years to finish, it is 4 feet wide by 3 ft high. I hope this helps. :wink:
Linda