Hello and welcome to all newbies

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Denise

Hello and welcome to all newbies

Post by Denise »

Just want to say hello to everyone who has joined recently that I haven't had a chance to say hello to already.....welcome everyone

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

I'll second that Denise
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

i will third that

Debbie
blackaraknia

Post by blackaraknia »

I would like to say hello to all the new people as well. Nice of you to join us here on the forum :P Sorry I hven't extended my hellos sooner as I haven't been to the site in awhile :oops: I'm glad to see so many new members.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I'm gonna join in on this one... as I've been gone for a while, and not quite up-to-date on what's been going on while I've been absent...

So:

WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!
Kas1

Post by Kas1 »

On behalf of all newbies, I accept! :lol:
Caz_Burt

Post by Caz_Burt »

Hello! I only registered yesterday.

I am a lapsed stitcher who has just decided to pick up her needle again! Ordered a new kit from Sew and Sew yesterday and looking forward to it arriving ("Silent Flight" from the Dimensions Gold Collection)

The galleries on here are really inspiring. Might try and set one up for myself at some point.

Cheers for the welcome!
Caz
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

What persuaded you to start stitching again? I'm sure you will be glad you did. Anyway, you get to know all of us here... :shock:
Caz_Burt

Post by Caz_Burt »

Well, I stopped stitching because I stuffed up the picture I was working on :evil: I started in the middle of the fabric......well, a little off centre actually as it turns out and after months of stitching realised I had left myself a little less than an inch down the left hand side. I was sooooo disappointed. The picture is now bundled up in my sewing box. I'll come back to it one day and rescue it I'm sure.

As for why come back? Honestly? I am trying to lose weight! I have joined weightwatchers and everything. However, am a big fan of wine at the weekend. I figured that if I had something to do on a weekend other than sit in front of the telly, I'd not drink as much. So I've decided to take up stitching again.

I am not a fast sewer - it takes me at least a year to complete a pattern, although I do always do the large pics. The African Lions (Dimensions, Gold Collection) is currently proudly hanging in my hallway, and I have a Polar Bear pic in the lounge which was a Sunset kit. I've also got 2 more that still need framing, but I've since gone off them!

I'm all inspired after browsing this site though and can't wait for my new kit to arrive. I will make sure I start dead centre this time though. Lesson learned...... :roll:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Don't be embarassed. Stitch instead of snack or slurp! What a great idea! :idea:
I would guess everyone has made a total hash of a piece. Once upon a time, I left out one (yes, just one) stitch on a needlework cushion cover. Because it included a patterned border, I spent almost all of my time working out where to delete a stitch from every line in the centre pattern. Nightmare. (Then it was nicked, can you believe it??) :roll:
You'll find everyone here very supportive. Losing weight is a challenge. Let us know if we can help.
Caz_Burt

Post by Caz_Burt »

Ah, I'm not embarassed. I've only got a stone to lose, but my weekend "slurping" :lol: is considerably slowing down my progress! And I want to be at goal by Christmas if at all possible.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to botch up a piece. I'm sure it's retrievable. I just got so disillusioned with it that I gave up. One day....
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Believe me if anyone has never made a major goof on a project i wil be a rats @$$!!!! :lol: You all know what I mean. I think i do at least one per project and I have gotten pretty good at working around it so that you would never know LOL

Debbie
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH Linda :?
Linda
Caz_Burt

Post by Caz_Burt »

Well, my new kit arrived this morning! Yey!

I had forgotton how much I hate sorting the threads though! One bundle done, three more to go...... Will have to do them tonight now as lunchtime is over :?
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Thats why I never do kits or if I do get a kit i usually end up getting my DMC floss out and using that

Debbie
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Mercifully, many kits now include pre-sorted threads. I guess by the time you get it all organised, you'll really be ready to START STITCHING!
Caz_Burt

Post by Caz_Burt »

Yup, I made a start on Friday night. The boyfriend was laughing at me though as I spent a good 4 hours on it but by the time I'd sorted the threads, got the material onto my stitching frame and done some stitching, had about an inch square worth of work to show for it.

Still, it stopped me drinking which is a bonus :D It's my weigh in tonight so fingers crossed I've lost a bit....
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Consider fingers crossed. (Only vurtually, however, as otherwise such action would impede.... stitching!)