New here

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Alaric

New here

Post by Alaric »

Hiall, computer savvy I'm not, this may be my second self intro...I'm Alaric and I stitch for many a year. Have the pincushion finners and bug eyes to prove it. I like to work on large projects from my own pictures or from images from the net...live on an island, so supplies are not easy to come by: have to be ordered on line and fed exed over...regards
Squirrel

Re: New here

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Alaric :wave: You are most welcome and I look forward to getting to know you. Please tell us which Island you live on, it sounds like an interesting place to live if isolated. I am sure it must take a lot of forward planning so that you have your next project 'to hand' by the time you need it. What sort of designs do you like the most?
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Hi there from a wet, cloudy & cool UK.

When I hear people describe themselves as 'living on an Island' I tend to envisage palm trees, and sunny climes, but even tropical islands have downsides. Living in more temperate or cold areas can add a certain degree [of wind-chill] to the 'experience'.

I suspect you are not alone in having to think ahead with projects. With the decline of B&M shops & the increase in online shopping it's increasingly rare for most of us to visit a store, and everything has to be posted.

Would love to see photos of your projects. What type of subject do you prefer?

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Hello & welcome :)
Daisy :)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the sunny West of Scotland! :wave:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to a warming up South Carolina (I hope)! As Richard said, many of us are limited to on line shopping also because of the demise of so many LNS and the lack of stash available at the big craft stores even in urban areas. I also hope that you will post pictures of your projects. We love pictures! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker