Back again

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kandituft

Back again

Post by kandituft »

Hi, Kandi again, was Kandifloss then Kandifross now hoping 3rd time lucky.

Very bad weather in Dec, had all types winter weather. Roads closed, frequent power cuts which made PC shut down - needed to go back to manufacturers settings. Worst weather in this area for years. Last time on here went to edit my post, ended up taking bits out by look of it. Juddering, screen going up & down, going blank then back on. Really bad.

Wanted to wish everyone New Year. As we'lil be getting more bad/stormy weather will stay off line for a while, get back later.

Thank you.
Kandi
Serinde

Re: Back again

Post by Serinde »

Well I really hope it is 3rd time lucky! Weather sounds horrendous -- it's been blowy and snowy here, but nothing out of the ordinary. Keep safe!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Whatever type of Kandi you are, you are very welcome in any of your guises :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Whoohoo! Good to see you back! :wave:
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Great to have you back :wave:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: So glad to have you back! Bad weather does make for good stitching weather. We are having a a ridiculously cold first week in January for the Southeast. Good time to stitch, drink hot toddies and catch up on saved tv shows, binge watch others, read and/or finish a few audiobooks as well.

Carole
:cold:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Great that you managed to get online however briefly. Happy New Year to you and I hope that the weather moderates a bit and lets you get back online soon.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
kandituft

Post by kandituft »

Thank you for kind messages.

Storm v. strong so am signing off until weekend. Difficult getting on yesterday then only for few minutes. Switched internet off overnight. Just switched it on again & cme straig
Kandi
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Welcome back. Had a v stormy night in Yorkshire Been trying to contact my family in Belfast but they are having power cuts will try later
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome back. Must admit this number of name changes is getting confusing, though.

Can I make a suggestion?
Try writing down your login and password on a piece of physical paper, or better still a little notebook so you'll know where it is. That way you'll have it again after the computer dies, etc.. Relying on electronics only to store such info is a good way of it evaporating - as you've proved twice now.
The same idea works for other websites too.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
kandituft

Post by kandituft »

thanx for advice, I do not use the safety vaults whatever as I do not trust them but I have written passwords down in a book. Don't know what happened but I was unable to get on here & change my email address, the first time I changed name I did forget password. Second time I could not change email - was locked out where I kept trying. I could not for one reason or another, get admin to send ilnk so I started afresh. New email, everything new.

Sorry to cause confusion had not meant to. I thought someone may have been trying to log into my details which happened to me & many others within a 45 miles radius of my area who had PCs freeze; that was about 15 years ago. Two articles in local newspapers soon stopped that. The culprit/s realised they had been rumbled. They got details of users to try & hack from a national music website. Afraid once bitten twice shy is now my motto. furthermore I do not go on music webistes or Facebook etc.
Kandi
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

hello & welcome to the forum. I know who you are by candy pink logo. Looking back you've always used that picture, so easy peasy!

Storms are a nuisance, had a big one yesterday & hope you did not have extremely bad weather again - it stretched quite a way going by news on TV. A friend of mine from Devon phoned to see if we were OK - they had it bad down there too.
Del
kandituft

Post by kandituft »

Thanks Del, good to be back. . And, yes you are right - always kept that avatar so everyone would know who I am - I don't think any of the regulars use that particular avatar.

Did have storm from noon onwards. Luckily grocery delivery came mid morning. Just come on to place another order in case I/net goes over weekend. Seems to come on & off when gusting & yes did have meltdown again before I managed to switch off from Weds. Got on to Technical Support Services & they put things right & got me going again, took ages but needed assistance that time. In future when it's windy or there's storms I am not touching my laptop. Best leave well alone!

Hope everyone OK who had stormy weather. We had piece of the upright section of wooden gate broken & latch bent but nothing else. A few old trees down but we're not near any.
Kandi