Hello everybody, another newbie :D

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Loralou

Hello everybody, another newbie :D

Post by Loralou »

Hello!

Well isn't the internet just wonderful, you type in your hobbies and up pops forums where everybody else does the same things! Great!

I have been cross stitching for many many years now, my nana introduced it to me when i was a wee tot. I have never stopped having a project on the go. I do large ones that take years interlaced with hundreds of little ones that i mostly give away!

Here is my latest project that i finished not too long ago. She took me 2 years to finish, and i mourn her now that she is all done! I have started another Lanarte one now and am about half way through.

I adore well designed,colourful, intricate designs that keep me wanting to pick them up.

I hope to have nice chats with you lovely people.

Laura

ps - Are we allowed to post piccies in threads? I couldn't find a rule against it....
Denise

Post by Denise »

hello and welcome from scotland. That finished piece is absolutely stunning. Did u do any other pieces whilst doing that one or did u work solely on the one project.

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome Loralou. What a fabulous piece -- I can understand why it took you two years to complete. Hope you have kept it for yourself this time.

Of course you can post pics in the threads...! There are very few things that you can't do in this forum, or at least few I've discovered, which means we are all wonderful, helpful and fun folk to be around, I guess... 8)
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Hello Laura! And a warm welcome from hot and humid Scotland!

Wow.. wow.. wow... that's amazing! What a stunning piccie! Well done, you! Hope to see more of your work, even though I'm all jealous now! lol!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome from California!!!!(I am not a native though) What a wonderful piece of your you have finished.

I hope you find us all very helpful and fun with lots of ideas and questions. I also hope that you treat us with more pictures in the gallery section of our forum and that you have a look at ours.

Fun is our middle name and we love it when newbies join in. :lol:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I'll second that wow wow wow , that is absolutley stunning. Brilliant work I hope you will share more of your work in the gallery. Oh and welcome to the forum, ,there is a very friendly and knowlegable group if stitchers here,, and I hope you share some of your talent with us. Linda
Linda
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi and welcome Laura from an ex-pat Scot in Bahrain.

Your lady is lovely. Have done two Lanarte kits myself in the last couple of years, the Ballet Dancers on off white linen and Still Life - Jars, you can see then in my gallery. The dancers were my aunt's but she was having difficulty seeing to do it and asked if I would do it. They turned out to be prizewinners. My mum and aunt entered it into our local flower show under my name and it won the cross stitch section and Best Exhibit in the Show. So was well chuffed. Out of all the Lanarate designs the ones I would really want to do are the Arabian and Moorish women. Maybe one day.
Loralou

Post by Loralou »

Thank you to everyone for such a gorgeous welcome!

In reply to the question of did i only do this piece, the answer is no! I completed hundreds of small ones at the same time. I get a bit bored of the same design and colours so like to do small ones so i feel like i have finished something. I don't tend to keep the small ones though, they get sent as presents and cards.

I tried to get my gallery to work but think i need to resize all my pictures! So will do that soon.

I live in Birmingham England and have just finshed my degree course in Optometry and graduated with a 2:1. My parents emmigrated to Hong Kong 3 years ago so i am off to visit them for a couple of weeks so it might be a while before i post again, but i will be back :D

Thanks again for the oh so friendly welcome.

Laura
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Congratulations on your degree. 2:1 is very impressive. Have fun in Hong Kong.
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

Hi Loralou,
I hope you enjoy on this forum.
Congratulations for you r work.
I like to stitch large projects to and combine them with little pieces.

Have a good travel.

Hugs :D
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

Hi and welcome! That's an excellent piece of work there. I've done a couple of Lanarte kits, but the small ones. You'll find this board full of friendly and helpful people. Come back soon! :D
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Welcome welcome welcome Sure hope you get this before you take off to Hong Kong. Have a wonderful time and i hope to talk to you when you get back. I have always wanted to go to Hong Kong take some piccs and post them for us all to see

Debbie
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Goodness me. Lovely stitching. and well done on that degree pass!!!
I hope you have a lovely time in hongkong